Universal Has Started Charging $2 for Some Ride Lockers

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
No it won't, the new free lockers are smaller and won't fit a large backpack or diaper bag so using multiple lockers is nonsense. The larger lockers are what cost $2, if that's a problem leave the pots and pans back in the room. :joyfull:

People don't need to take everything you own with them everywhere they go.

How dare you infringe on peoples constitutional rights to carry everything everywhere. That is distinctly Unpatriotic.

Won't affect me as my manFriday carries all my things (to keep the Butler free should i need assistance with anything)

Prince-1

These prices are per day not per ride.

They also don't make you use a locker as many of the rides do and per the policy of Universal:

Due to the sudden dramatic movement of many of our rides, we require that all loose articles be either secured in one of our lockers or left with a non-rider. For the safety and security of our Guests and their personal belongings, loose articles cannot be carried onto select attractions.

This is not the case for Disney AT ALL. Otherwise it's exactly the same. :rolleyes:

OG Runner

There has always been a charge for attraction lockers if you've gone over your allotted free use time though. That's been the case for a long time now.

Okay, then I admit I am a bit confused. How is this different now? You seem to be saying it is the same, yet there must
be a difference, leading to this discussion.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Okay, then I admit I am a bit confused. How is this different now? You seem to be saying it is the same, yet there must
be a difference, leading to this discussion.

The difference is that the free while you ride attraction lockers are now smaller, and larger attraction lockers have a cost.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
That is what your wand pocket is for, silly! :joyfull:
Family site sir
images(24) (3.jpg

UpAllNight

We always take a backpack with stuff like sun cream, water, camera, charger, sunglasses (can’t wear them all day you get panda eyes)...$2 a ride is a joke...it’s already annoying having to wrestle the crowds every other ride at the lockers. I think genuinely I’d spend a day less there next time.

lebeau

Original Poster
So If you have ponied up for a wand you have to pony up to store it whilst you ride ..
Nice move UNI .:rolleyes:

From reports I have read on FB, most wands will fit in the small lockers. Some of the larger boxes may be a problem but if you're just carrying the wand loose, you should be fine. *should* being the operative word here.

The problem comes in when you have a wand, a cup, a popcorn bucket, snacks for the kids, sunscreen, a camera, etc...

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
From reports I have read on FB, most wands will fit in the small lockers. Some of the larger boxes may be a problem but if you're just carrying the wand loose, you should be fine. *should* being the operative word here.

The problem comes in when you have a wand, a cup, a popcorn bucket, snacks for the kids, sunscreen, a camera, etc...
I'm no expert on wand sizing so i will cede to your authority .

lebeau

Original Poster
No it won't, the new free lockers are smaller and won't fit a large backpack or diaper bag so using multiple lockers is nonsense. The larger lockers are what cost $2, if that's a problem leave the pots and pans back in the room. :joyfull:

Prepare to be disappointed on that one. The overwhelming majority of responses I have seen online from families is that they are using multiple lockers now. Instead of having one person throw a bag in a single locker with everyone's stuff, everyone now has to crowd into the locker area with an individual locker for mom, dad, little Susie and Timmy. They are just dividing up their stuff into smaller individual bags.

The only people who are going to shell out $2 per ride are the ones caught unprepared. (Notice Universal made no attempt to communicate this change to guests. Doesn't sound like they told a lot of their employees for that matter.) Everyone else will just adapt their behavior to the new policy.

lebeau

Original Poster
I'm no expert on wand sizing so i will cede to your authority .

It's been a common question on the FB pages I frequent. So far, everyone reporting in has indicated the wands fit.

Refillable cups fit on their side, but not the character cups.
Refillable popcorn buckets fit if you take the lid off and squeeze them a bit which can't be good for the longevity of the thing.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Prepare to be disappointed on that one. The overwhelming majority of responses I have seen online from families is that they are using multiple lockers now. Instead of having one person throw a bag in a single locker with everyone's stuff, everyone now has to crowd into the locker area with an individual locker for mom, dad, little Susie and Timmy. They are just dividing up their stuff into smaller individual bags.

The only people who are going to shell out $2 per ride are the ones caught unprepared. (Notice Universal made no attempt to communicate this change to guests. Doesn't sound like they told a lot of their employees for that matter.) Everyone else will just adapt their behavior to the new policy.

I just need enough space for a wallet and phone. If we have something larger than that, a runner needs to go to the car with it. :joyfull:

lebeau

Original Poster
Okay, no loose objects. So does that mean that I'm not allowed to carry my medications with me while waiting in a 2 hour line?

For medications, I would recommending seeing a team member. They are supposed to provide exceptions as needed. Although the locker policy change shouldn't really impact what you carry in line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom