Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

MouseEarsMom33

If one cares that deeply about EU, they’ll need to get two separate tickets and lose some of the discount seen with 14-day tickets.

Or wait til 2026.
I do think it is crazy that the 14 day tickets don't have at least 3 Epic Universe days build in. Id think someone staying that long at Universal next year should do exactly what you said, and split up days into at least 2 sets of tickets.

Depending upon when single day Epic Universe tickets become available, I may do that. Buy 2 sets of 3 day tickets so I get 2 Epic Universe days. And may not use the 6th day. But we never went to Universal, love Disney, and are looking at this as what if this is a once and done Universal trip. I am only interested in Universal to take my son to Super Nintendo World (and then see Harry Potter stuff), but do think we need at least 2 days to do everything Epic Universe that we will want to do.

Weather_Lady

I personally appreciate that UO doesn’t treat passholders like a huge pain in the rear
Me too!

Seasonal passholder here (in a family of 4 passholders, incuding our 18-year-old son and 16-year-old daughter), and we are super-excited that we'll have the chance to purchase 1-day tickets so soon, and before the general public. Our 6-night August 2025 Epic Universe trip has been booked since February 2024!

We plan to buy Epic Universe single-day tickets for 2 days when they go on sale next week, and use our APs at the legacy parks the other days. We're spending 4 nights at Royal Pacific (Family Suite at $740/night after the extra charge for a third adult, booked with the SMSM discount 6 months ago, which was cheaper than the same discount rate now, since they jacked up the base price in the interim), and then 2 nights at Stella Nova (but will switch to Helios Grand if the rack rates fall in the Sapphire Falls/Royal Pacific range, as predicted).

Fending off any questions: Yes, we know August is hot, but we've done it many times and are happy to do it again. Yes, I know that the target audience for a family suite is not a family with a 6'2" college boy and his snarky younger sister, but my kids still get just as excited about a dinosaur room as they did when they were toddlers, and I want to humor that for as long as they'll let me. ;) And while I know this vacation will end up being expensive between the high cost of the onsite rooms and the added cost of extra single-day EU tickets, the total price will still be less than if we went, say, to WDW, since the only other major cost will be food: the APs that get us into the other parks are already paid-for, unlimited Express Pass will be included for the first 5 days of the trip when we're at RPR, and our flights were bought entirely with credit card rewards points. If we ended up in a pinch and needed to cut costs, I can always downgrade the RPR reservation to a 2-Queen: I booked one of those months ago too as a backup, when the SMSM rate was at its lowest. Overplan much? Yes, I do. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom