Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

djlaosc

As of now, no express for Helios (for any park).

I think express for Epic will have a premium/newness tax at the moment. Doubt they need to promo booking for it for a few months. Once Epic Universe operations are streamlined and they see hotel demand soften, they can consider adding Helios to the express lineup once that capacity is up and the park running efficiently.

That is my main outstanding issue with Epic Universe now.

We would like to stay at Helios, but if it doesn't come with Express Pass, even just for Epic and not the other two parks, then why wouldn't we just stay at Terra Luna/Stella Nova and use the price difference to start to pay for Express Pass?

CoasterCowboy67

From what I can find, Tron was announced on July 15, 2017 and had it's grand opening April 4, 2023... 2089 days later (or 5 years, 8 months and 20 days). So comparing announcement to grand opening dates, Tron took 80.4% as long to open as Epic Universe did...
1 carbon copy replica attraction vs. a whole theme park (with only 2 carbon copy replicas). Yikes

Starship824

In the Parks
No
TRON was announced before most design work was done. Epic Universe was announced years after design work commenced.
Tron was announced for Magic Kingdom when it was already open at Shanghai a year earlier. Everything was done for that ride. The only difference was they built it in a different spot and the train had to go through it.

AdventureHasAName

From what I can find, Tron was announced on July 15, 2017 and had it's grand opening April 4, 2023... 2089 days later (or 5 years, 8 months and 20 days). So comparing announcement to grand opening dates, Tron took 80.4% as long to open as Epic Universe did...
In defense of the Walt Disney Company, I don't think there is anyone working for the parks division right now that has any demonstrated aptitude at constructing a theme park ... let alone building one on a reasonable time frame.

UNCgolf

That is my main outstanding issue with Epic Universe now.

We would like to stay at Helios, but if it doesn't come with Express Pass, even just for Epic and not the other two parks, then why wouldn't we just stay at Terra Luna/Stella Nova and use the price difference to start to pay for Express Pass?

I was just thinking if I was going to Universal, why in the world would I stay at Helios over Royal Pacific etc. if it doesn't come with the Express Pass for USF and IoA?

celluloid

I was just thinking if I was going to Universal, why in the world would I stay at Helios over Royal Pacific etc. if it doesn't come with the Express Pass for USF and IoA?

Enough reasons to keep its room number booked for a long time.

1. It is new/novelty
2. Class and style/luxory novelty
3. Location Location Location To the point where you can walk into the park.
4. Night time show from certain rooms/View of the park

It evens out to give people the perks at the older ones because they are larger properties and it keeps demand for those.

Same reason why people still stay at Fort Wildernes but transportation by boat to MK is really the only perk park wise different from a moderate.

djlaosc

Enough reasons to keep its room number booked for a long time.

1. It is new/novelty
2. Class and style/luxory novelty
3. Location Location Location To the point where you can walk into the park.
4. Night time show from certain rooms/View of the park

It evens out to give people the perks at the older ones because they are larger properties and it keeps demand for those.

Same reason why people still stay at Fort Wildernes but transportation by boat to MK is really the only perk park wise different from a moderate.

Looking at Disney Food Blog, they are showing an image stating Helios starts at $293+tax based on a 4-night stay.

I am guessing that this will be for a car park view, at the cheapest time of the year, but when everyone was guessing $500-$700-$1000 per night, depending on view, and time of year, then their cheapest price doesn't seem to be too bad, given the fact that it is without Express Pass, and would make sense for the above reasons. It may still hit those higher prices, and then the question of value would be asked again without Express Pass, but that cheapest price is fairly reasonable, given it's location.

TennHokies

Hi! So we think staying at the Royal Pacific, Portofino & Hard Rock will mean Express Pass for Epic?
I had the same question, but unfortunately Universals website now confirms Royal Pacific, Portofino, and Hard Rock Express Pass “excludes Volcano Bay and Epic Universe“. All things subject to change in the future of course but not likely anytime soon.

jrhwdw

I had the same question, but unfortunately Universals website now confirms Royal Pacific, Portofino, and Hard Rock Express Pass “excludes Volcano Bay and Epic Universe“. All things subject to change in the future of course but not likely anytime soon.
VB still not included??? How Come???

celluloid

Looking at Disney Food Blog, they are showing an image stating Helios starts at $293+tax based on a 4-night stay.

I am guessing that this will be for a car park view, at the cheapest time of the year, but when everyone was guessing $500-$700-$1000 per night, depending on view, and time of year, then their cheapest price doesn't seem to be too bad, given the fact that it is without Express Pass, and would make sense for the above reasons. It may still hit those higher prices, and then the question of value would be asked again without Express Pass, but that cheapest price is fairly reasonable, given it's location.

Interesting. I think that will be with ticket packages though at a minimum of four nights three day ticket packages.
As you said, that is the starting at, lowest time of year and non peak demand. Should season price at 4 night stay standard rooms.

I would not expect that room only price any time soon.

Last edited:

jannerUK

I am still keen to see for UK Visitors when or how they add Epic Universe to the Park Tickets. In UK we can buy a 14 day pass for a set sum (Circa 400£) and that opens up both parks and V.Bay. Keen to know what they do with Epic Universe. So many options from:
1. Not include it full stop.
2. Include it but ration it to a single days visit
3. Include it but ration it to a set period thats more than a day
4. Include it like any of the other parks, with the same usage - just with a price increase on that actual combo ticket

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom