Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

UNCgolf

Enough reasons to keep its room number booked for a long time.

1. It is new/novelty
2. Class and style/luxory novelty
3. Location Location Location To the point where you can walk into the park.
4. Night time show from certain rooms/View of the park

It evens out to give people the perks at the older ones because they are larger properties and it keeps demand for those.

Same reason why people still stay at Fort Wildernes but transportation by boat to MK is really the only perk park wise different from a moderate.

Except you can walk to two parks from the Royal Pacific etc. -- the Helios location isn't that special unless you only care about visiting EU and not the other two parks (or Volcano Bay, which I forget exists).

Novelty is the main thing going for it, but it would be a hard sell for me when the existing deluxes are great hotels and offer better perks and a better location if you're planning to visit all the parks.

Unless it costs significantly less, but I don't see that happening.

EDIT: I'm not suggesting the hotel will struggle; I'm sure it'll stay busy. It just seems like a poor value over existing options.

Last edited:

SplashJacket

From what I can find, Tron was announced on July 15, 2017 and had it's grand opening April 4, 2023... 2089 days later (or 5 years, 8 months and 20 days). So comparing announcement to grand opening dates, Tron took 80.4% as long to open as Epic Universe did...
Percentage comparisons are meaningless when both got a similar delay wedged in the middle.

trr1

1729196338606.png

Universal Helios Grand Hotel will officially open its doors and begin welcoming guests on May 22, 2025. Guests can begin making reservations for this hotel starting October 22, 2024.

JoeCamel

If they restrict access to the roof top bar to guests only that might be enough of an incentive to get me to stay there over the deluxe, I think this will operate at the Sapphire level of service so a bit above the basic rooms of the star hotels.

celluloid

Except you can walk to two parks from the Royal Pacific etc. -- the Helios location isn't that special unless you only care about visiting EU and not the other two parks (or Volcano Bay, which I forget exists).

Novelty is the main thing going for it, but it would be a hard sell for me when the existing deluxes are great hotels and offer better perks and a better location if you're planning to visit all the parks.

Unless it costs significantly less, but I don't see that happening.

EDIT: I'm not suggesting the hotel will struggle; I'm sure it'll stay busy. It just seems like a poor value over existing options.
Pricing and perks are fluid as needed.
You explain why it works. When you go, you would see more value in existing properties. Others will see Helios.

NotCalledBob

I am still keen to see for UK Visitors when or how they add Epic Universe to the Park Tickets. In UK we can buy a 14 day pass for a set sum (Circa 400£) and that opens up both parks and V.Bay. Keen to know what they do with Epic Universe. So many options from:
1. Not include it full stop.
2. Include it but ration it to a single days visit
3. Include it but ration it to a set period thats more than a day
4. Include it like any of the other parks, with the same usage - just with a price increase on that actual combo ticket

Tom Bricker included this on his article today. Applicable to Latin American and UK guests. 2025 14 day tickets will have access to Epic for one day.

From 1st January 2026, Epic will be open to guests with those tickets over all 14 days, the same as the other parks.

Details for Passholders:

Special Passholder Opportunity to Purchase 1-Day, Dated Admission to Universal Epic Universe

On Sale October 24
  • Limit of 6 tickets per transaction (if you have more than 6 Passholders linked to your Account, you will need more than 1 transaction)
  • Ticket prices and availability vary by day. Restrictions apply
  • An allotment of tickets for all dates, including the week of Grand Opening, have been reserved for Passholders*
  • 1-day, dated admission is non-transferrable
*A current and valid Annual or Seasonal Pass is required at time of purchase. 1-day Universal Epic Universe ticket is an entitlement that must be linked to a current and valid Annual or Seasonal Pass at the time of purchase. Linked Annual Pass and photo ID is required for entry at the park. Limit one (1) 1-day Universal Epic Universe ticket per day per Pass. Ticket prices and availability vary by day. Daily pricing is visible within the Web Store price calendar to see exact ticket price for your preferred day of visitation. Additional restrictions apply

Q: Is there a Universal Epic Universe-inclusive Annual Pass?

A: More details regarding Annual Passes that include Universal Epic Universe will be announced at a later date. Although a Universal Epic Universe-inclusive pass isn’t currently available for purchase, beginning on October 24, Passholders will receive priority opportunity to purchase a 1-Day Universal Epic Universe Ticket add-on ticket before 1-day Universal Epic Universe Tickets are available to the general public.

Q: What are the park benefits at Universal Epic Universe for Passholders?

A: Similar to the existing parks, Passholders will be able to take advantage of special benefits during their visit to Universal Epic Universe as long as they have a valid annual or seasonal pass. Stay tuned - specific details about the passholder benefits that will be available for Epic Universe will be revealed at a later time.
I personally appreciate that UO doesn’t treat passholders like a huge pain in the rear

Last edited:

celluloid

I personally appreciate that UO doesn’t treat passholders like a huge pain in the

Yes. It sounds like free parking and merch/many food items will get their discounts. Which is fantastic and makes the renewal of a current AP likely worth it as you can get a day or two at Epic to check it out very easily until then.

They did this the most sensible way.

UNCgolf

Pricing and perks are fluid as needed.
You explain why it works. When you go, you would see more value in existing properties. Others will see Helios.

My point is that it's difficult to imagine why anyone would think Helios was more valuable, because it offers less by just about any measure beyond simple novelty.

Of course people will, but it's hard to understand why (assuming they plan to visit all the parks, that is -- it makes sense if you're only planning to visit EU).

And I'm not saying they're wrong -- just that it seems illogical to me.

celluloid

My point is that it's difficult to imagine why anyone would think Helios was more valuable, because it offers less by just about any measure beyond simple novelty.

Of course people will, but it's hard to understand why (assuming they plan to visit all the parks, that is -- it makes sense if you're only planning to visit EU).

And I'm not saying they're wrong -- just that it seems illogical to me.
Difficult to imagine why anyone is just obtuse.
You can walk into the park and get an hour early admission to the brand new theme park you can walk into every morning of your stay. No Bus, No tranport...you walk in. You will be the first on many rides and attractions and little wait to others.

It is plenty valuable.

This is like Tokyo's AT park onsite hotels, but better because the early park admission to a brand new theme park is not just fifteen minutes head start.

I have a family who does not theme park all day like I do, and I don't theme park all day like I used to if I can go back to a hotel right there. No other park in Central FL is this convenient.

djlaosc

Tom Bricker included this on his article today. Applicable to Latin American and UK guests. 2025 14 day tickets will have access to Epic for one day.

From 1st January 2026, Epic will be open to guests with those tickets over all 14 days, the same as the other parks.
Guess the US theme park operators are not a fan of international guests at the moment...

First Disney with Lightning Lane limitations to having to be on US/Canada soil, and then this.

I understand that our 14-day tickets are normally cheaper than the US equivalent tickets would be (having to buy multiple to make up the 14 days), although we'll have to see these ticket prices later this month, but it just seems weird to have a set of rules in place for the first 224 days, where you get one entry, and then on day 225, you could go to Epic 14 days in a row if you wanted, unless those 2026 tickets are going to go massively up in price (2025 prices go up slightly from 2024 prices due to a "1 day replacement bonus park", and then 2026 prices go up a third from 2025 prices due to the extra park, for example £300 in 2024, £330 in 2025, £440 in 2026)). You would have thought they could have given 3 days entry (which would have been the equivalent of 2 x 5 day tickets, and 1 x 4 day ticket, although I understand that our 14 day tickets would be cheaper buying multiple smaller tickets.)

Based on the 2025 tickets, unless you plan on split-staying, why would a UK or Latin American guest in 2025 pay to stay at Helios, Terra Nova or Stella Luna for 14 days, when they can only go into the nearby park for 1 day? Even a split stay in 2025 doesn't make much sense - you may as well just stay at Cabana, Aventura or Sapphire Falls (for hotels at similar prices) and be able to walk to the other parks for 13 days if you wanted, and get a bus to Epic for the 1 day that you could go.

Guess we may have to look to delay our trip until 2026, depending on how expensive the single day tickets are (or having to look at on-site packages, or US ticket prices.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom