Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Jon81uk

as you wish I will start a new thread on Epic Universe for videos and Bioreconstruct photos so others may enjoy them and comment sorry to inconvenience you
It’s not inconveniencing me, just doesn’t provide any information. The photos and captions from Bio do as the caption usually explains the context.
I don’t think he meant it as a slight. Bio’s photos are fine because the content itself is the photo contained within the thread, but with a video, the content is contained within the video and disrupts the flow of discussion.

Nothing wrong with posting a video, it’s just more useful to say what makes the video noteworthy/interesting/how it adds to the discussion.
this is what I meant, the video (and it’s title) doesn’t provide any information unless you take the time to watch it. Whereas stating “the video explains that the new ticket options is X” or I think this vlogger has a great update showing the new coaster which is blue not green as I expected” shows your opinion as well as a summery of the vloggers content. A link on its own doesn’t add anything to the discussion on the forum.

sonoma15

Which makes the placement and height of the hotel all the more bewildering.

Contrast that with how DisneySea looks from Harbor View rooms at the Mira Costa.

Even if you're in a higher floor room at Contemporary facing MK, you're not right up against it.

Think of how the [DLP] Disneyland Hotel's rooms are mostly in wings surrounded by trees. Same with the Grand Californian. Both of which are not 15 stories high either.

Helios could have had similar architecture and features like a roof top bar if it had been build shorter and more spread out.
Helios will have a roof top bar.

Wendy Pleakley

People keep avoiding what Uni said about EU opening (and what many posters here said).

They said the goal is to make Universal a week long vacation, peeling away people who make WDW a week long vacation.

Given the rumored ticketing options... it seem the best they can do is 2 days in EU and 4 in IOA/USO.

Will people be happy with 4 days in IOA/USO?

Volcano Bay is also a must visit for me when in Orlando.

I feel a 2/2 (IOA&USO/EU) or 3/2 (IOA&USO&VB/EU) would be fine.

A 2/4 split is just forcing people into spending too much time at the older parks, which can each be done in a day, especially if it's not your first time.

WDWFREAK53

Which makes the placement and height of the hotel all the more bewildering.

Contrast that with how DisneySea looks from Harbor View rooms at the Mira Costa.

Even if you're in a higher floor room at Contemporary facing MK, you're not right up against it.

Think of how the [DLP] Disneyland Hotel's rooms are mostly in wings surrounded by trees. Same with the Grand Californian. Both of which are not 15 stories high either.

Helios could have had similar architecture and features like a roof top bar if it had been build shorter and more spread out.

How is this really any different than Cabana Bay overlooking Volcano Bay?
I don't think people in the hotel rooms mind seeing rooftops.

My biggest issue with Helios' placement is that it takes away some prime expansion land for the park.
Aesthetically I think it works as a backsplash. Almost as if it's a palace where the Greek Gods live.

Andrew25

My biggest issue with Helios' placement is that it takes away some prime expansion land for the park.
Aesthetically I think it works as a backsplash. Almost as if it's a palace where the Greek Gods live.
While I would have preferred Helios to be placed at the front (kind of like DLP Hotel or MiraCosta), it's not really taking over expansion space. There's the Monsters expansion area, SNW area, Potter expansion area, and the very large expansion area behind Starfall/Ministry that is capable of holding a massive land (could be the largest at Epic if fully utilized).

Epic's attraction count is only ~2 attractions and a show from equaling DHS... it already eclipses DAK.

trr1

It’s not inconveniencing me, just doesn’t provide any information. The photos and captions from Bio do as the caption usually explains the context.

this is what I meant, the video (and it’s title) doesn’t provide any information unless you take the time to watch it. Whereas stating “the video explains that the new ticket options is X” or I think this vlogger has a great update showing the new coaster which is blue not green as I expected” shows your opinion as well as a summery of the vloggers content. A link on its own doesn’t add anything to the discussion on the forum.
should this include theme park stop epic universe update videos? please see post https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...nsion-complex-opens-2025.939736/post-10978842 these are videos about Bioreconstruct photos

trr1

Epic Universe Tickets

At first, those buying tickets through Universal Orlando’s sales partners will only be able to access Epic Universe by purchasing a multi-day Universal Orlando ticket package with a three-day minimum. All of those options will allot ONE day at Epic Universe and will not allow for park hopping to or from Epic Universe. At the time of launch, there will not be an option to purchase a single-day Epic Universe ticket.
Keep in mind that this information could change in the future, so we’ll continue to keep our eyes peeled for more reports. This was the information given specifically to third-party sellers of Universal Orlando tickets, like online theme park ticket websites, so it could also be different than what’s offered directly from Universal.
full article below

BrianLo

I'm really not sure I get why they'd turn away people willing to pay full day single priced tickets. Are they really that worried it would be so overwhelmingly the choice that they need to force a visit to USF/IOA?

It also ensures Epic attendance will be lower than IOA and USF, which is a bit interesting. Since there are both still clearly going to be day ticketing options for those parks and extended options that includes more of the original two parks.

It will be interesting to watch, but I think this decision will not play the way they think it will. Disney has fallen into this trap of worrying there will be too much interest and looking to put dissuasion measures into play a few times and it has really blown up for them; (Euro Disneyland, SWGE).

Wendy Pleakley

I'm really not sure I get why they'd turn away people willing to pay full day single priced tickets. Are they really that worried it would be so overwhelmingly the choice that they need to force a visit to USF/IOA?

It also ensures Epic attendance will be lower than IOA and USF, which is a bit interesting. Since there are both still clearly going to be day ticketing options for those parks and extended options that includes more of the original two parks.

It will be interesting to watch, but I think this decision will not play the way they think it will. Disney has fallen into this trap of worrying there will be too much interest and looking to put dissuasion measures into play a few times and it has really blown up for them; (Euro Disneyland, SWGE).

DCA was the same as I recall.

When you set super high expectations, you run the risk of not meeting them. Anything less than a rousing success and it's going to be endless YouTube videos touting Universal's arrogant blunder.

There's something to be said for exceeding expectations.

I'm also curious if it can be the overnight success they want. We've heard it before - Islands of Adventure was going to be a Disney killer. It wasn't. Universal continues to grow their customer base but Disney is still THE destination.

It doesn't have to be an instant hit that outdraws Disney. Contributing to Universal as a multi-day vacation destination can be a win.

I think it looks great and I hope it draws crowds if it lives up to expectations, but the approach feels a bit overconfident.

Andrew25

DCA was the same as I recall.

When you set super high expectations, you run the risk of not meeting them. Anything less than a rousing success and it's going to be endless YouTube videos touting Universal's arrogant blunder.

There's something to be said for exceeding expectations.

I'm also curious if it can be the overnight success they want. We've heard it before - Islands of Adventure was going to be a Disney killer. It wasn't. Universal continues to grow their customer base but Disney is still THE destination.

It doesn't have to be an instant hit that outdraws Disney. Contributing to Universal as a multi-day vacation destination can be a win.

I think it looks great and I hope it draws crowds if it lives up to expectations, but the approach feels a bit overconfident.
Definitely overconfident, and worried Universal thinks they can get locals/APs to "sucker up" into buying 1-day tickets.

However, IOA had a botched marketing campaign paired with the 2000 recession and 9/11 the following year. Epic will have a larger Universal fanbase, social media, and the pairing of Nintendo, Monsters and Potter IPs.

WDWFREAK53

I'd imagine this is to get the early purchasers. This will allow them to see how many tickets will be purchased far in advance and then as the days get closer, they'll know if they can open up more tickets.
I don't think they want to be turning people away at the gate leaving people frustrated.

Jon81uk

There aren’t any EPIC AP holders. People who want to visit earlt may have to suck it up.
Yep anyone currently holding an AP only has admission to the current parks. I doubt they will offer an AP including Epic for the first few months at least.

bwr827

I must have missed the announced opening date.

I've read 2025. Maybe summer.

Ticket prices aren't the real issue in trip plannimg
They recently said it will be before summer, expected early. But you’re right, no specific date has been announced.

rd805

Operationally, it is a BRAND new park & they have to iron out kinks. If trying to do all that while the place is mobbed beyond belief shouts for issues. This also ensures the other parks don't see attendance drop, WHILE keeping families in their bubble for a longer guaranteed stay. It makes a ton of sense why they want to do it -- does it suck for those of us that want to spend more than just 1 day at the park? Potentially!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom