Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Packages are now released (with a deal, no less) through April 30, 2025, so we know it’s not opening earlier than that now. I’m guessing May 2025 is the current target.
With a deal?!

Using Disney fan logic, offering a deal means no one's going to Uni, their parks are empty, and their hotel rooms are empty.

sedati

Video includes
Epic Universe ticket information confirmed, plus a complete run down of recent construction progress—with new permit images, trademarks, and rumors in today's massive update.

I had no idea the carousel building would be painted panels and not glass. Was this a budget cut? It really looked translucent in all the artwork.

maxairmike

I had no idea the carousel building would be painted panels and not glass. Was this a budget cut? It really looked translucent in all the artwork.

Disappointing. I thought the same re: translucency, and imagined it would look spectacular.

My first reaction was that I was disappointed as well, but then after I thought about for a minute, I'm good without actual glass because that could have been brutal under there, and of course things like hail, debris blowing during hurricanes, etc. Hopefully there's some lighting effects on the underside to mimic a stained glass look, but that's a bit of a wishlist item.

bwr827

My first reaction was that I was disappointed as well, but then after I thought about for a minute, I'm good without actual glass because that could have been brutal under there, and of course things like hail, debris blowing during hurricanes, etc. Hopefully there's some lighting effects on the underside to mimic a stained glass look, but that's a bit of a wishlist item.
True - I wasn’t thinking glass (or at least not normal glass), but rather something tinted, robust, and translucent.

I have no expertise in multi-verse building materials, though.

TalkToEthan

, I'm good without actual glass because that could have been brutal under there, and of course things like hail, debris blowing during hurricanes,

but glass designed to deal with the elements is ubiquitous in Florida——cars, office buildings, homes, boats, airplanes, other theme parks ………..why would you be concerned about Epic Universe using it???

maxairmike

but glass designed to deal with the elements is ubiquitous in Florida——cars, office buildings, homes, boats, airplanes, other theme parks ………..why would you be concerned about Epic Universe using it???

Stained/colored glass style at that scale? Never seen that in my 14 years down here, though I don't wander very far outside the I-4 corridor. And "brutal" was more about the environment under a big glass enclosure than what it was exposed to. Sure, there might exist or could be made a material for that, but at what cost and practicality vs. a very nice looking alternative with none of those concerns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom