Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

rd805

Has there been any rumored time frame of when they plan to announce the opening date?
I heard September-ish. They still need to do a revel of the HP land, as well as probably the Helios hotel reveal. So i'm sure it'll be pretty quick after that.

Andrew25

Harry Potter's birthday is July 31st, and August is more than likely the target date to give an official opening month at the very least.

It'll be perfect timing for UOR since the summer travel season will be over, possibly commercials during the Olympics, and HHN sales will be mostly done. They also (unlike last year) announced holiday dates earlier this time, so an EU announcement is imminent.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Operationally, it is a BRAND new park & they have to iron out kinks. If trying to do all that while the place is mobbed beyond belief shouts for issues.
But that's Uni's normal modus operandi.

"Look at our 6 hour line to get into the park for the new Potter land!"

"Tho we developed a return time procedure for F&F, which we'll drop when it's not popular, we certainly *won't* use it on Hagrid's which is popular, but, constantly going down. So, check out our 4 hour line which keeps getting dumped and restarted!"

BrianLo

They're not. Additional ticket options will be available early next year

That’s fair, I think the evasiveness of the response led me to be a bit too critical of a read on what they fully meant.

It seems more likely you just won’t be able to access Epic with a discount. It’s going to lead to some real sticker shock, though. Gone are the days of Universal being the deal, you’ll be looking at Disney pricing (despite being short a park) if you want more than a single day at Epic.

maxairmike

Personally, I would say they've already kind of missed the mark by not having even more than a vague "summer of 2025" for the opening date available. I understand they are still absurdly gun-shy even 14 years removed from the opening of Hogsmeade about providing more than the absolute shortest possible timeline for people to move around already planned vacations, but I think it could end up biting them with Epic. While we have an idea of what the specific leaked packages will look like, they're not on sale yet, there's no pricing, and obviously no dates attached. If they don't announce an opening date with the opening/closing ceremonies for the Olympics, we're likely waiting until September. If we're really expecting an early summer opening, that feels a little too tight for the general public in the US and Europe to really plan and purchase those trips for the first few months en masse. I think the demand is there, but they're waiting too long on the details that matter to capitalize on it right out of the gate IMO.

bwr827

Personally, I would say they've already kind of missed the mark by not having even more than a vague "summer of 2025" for the opening date available. I understand they are still absurdly gun-shy even 14 years removed from the opening of Hogsmeade about providing more than the absolute shortest possible timeline for people to move around already planned vacations, but I think it could end up biting them with Epic. While we have an idea of what the specific leaked packages will look like, they're not on sale yet, there's no pricing, and obviously no dates attached. If they don't announce an opening date with the opening/closing ceremonies for the Olympics, we're likely waiting until September. If we're really expecting an early summer opening, that feels a little too tight for the general public in the US and Europe to really plan and purchase those trips for the first few months en masse. I think the demand is there, but they're waiting too long on the details that matter to capitalize on it right out of the gate IMO.
If (hypothetically) they announce in October that they’re opening in April, that’s ~6 months’ notice for the earliest arrivals.

That’s plenty for many, and they probably don’t want all possible visitors in the first couple of months anyway.

Gusey

We're supposed to be find out more about the Wizarding World by the end of this month (Harry's birthday is July 31), so I won't be surprised if we find out an opening date after that announcement

JoeCamel

Frankly if I wanted the best experience in the new park I wouldn't even go the first year.
Let them work the bugs out and settle the crowds a bit then I can be served an OPs team that is expert rather than new in their roles and crowds just not stupid crowds.
Let the GP fight to be in the door first and it will be a better experience (and maybe cheaper) after a year.

lewisc

It seems more likely you just won’t be able to access Epic with a discount. It’s going to lead to some real sticker shock, though. Gone are the days of Universal being the deal, you’ll be looking at Disney pricing (despite being short a park) if you want more than a single day at Epic.
EPIC pricing for an EPIC park.

Out of thin air pricing

$199.99 1 day ticket
$399 2 day ticket with 2 bonus days, other 3 parks.

$549 for a 3 day EPIC ticket with 4 bonus days at 3 other parks

BrianLo

EPIC pricing for an EPIC park.

Out of thin air pricing

$199.99 1 day ticket
$399 2 day ticket with 2 bonus days, other 3 parks.

$549 for a 3 day EPIC ticket with 4 bonus days at 3 other parks

Agree. Which looks ok on spec, until you are faced with the 7-day ticket package you actually want is 748$.

I think Uni can play as a seven day destination now, but it requires Volcano Bay (which still the majority of guests don’t visit) and requires more than one day access to Epic.

I know others will tell me otherwise and that’s ok. I personally think 6 days will also still be more than enough for me, even with unlimited future Epic access - so 7 is meeting in the middle for the average slower trodding guest won’t be super bored.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of Celestial Park just outside The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. In Epic Universe.
1721074537475.png

Aerial photo showing that although Helios Grand Hotel is adjacent The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the much taller resort tower won't be seen from inside the full size streets of Paris.Look close top right. Billboard.In Epic Universe.
1721074568068.png

Aerial overview of the portal area of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Epic Universe.Arrow where a roof is being added to a octagon structure at the exit from the world. A similar octagon is at the exit of Dark Universe.
1721074591530.png

Aerial photo with much of the Harry Potter world in Epic Universe covered in scaffolding to complete theming of the facades.
1721074615667.png

Aerial photo of a train for Hiccup's Winged Gliders in The Isle of Berk at Epic Universe.
1721074638543.png

At left in this aerial photo are expansion pads of Epic Universe.
1721074670468.png

Aerial look at construction of Helios Grand Hotel. The in-park resort of Epic Universe.In foreground is development of Celestial Park. At left is Blue Dragon Pan-Asian Restaurant.
1721074697234.png

Aerial photo of Epic Universe Jul 12, 2024• Top dome of Constellation Carousel in place• Red tent theater entrance in progress in the Harry Potter world• Signage for Yoshi's Adventure, Curse of the Werewolf, and more• Trains/cars seen at all 4 roller coasters
1721074736489.png

Aerial photo of Stella Nova resort at Epic Universe.Note the patterned roadway and traffic circle.
1721074767049.png

trr1

bioreconstruct

@bioreconstruct

Collected a glimpse of all four Epic Universe roller coasters in aerial photos on July 12. • Stardust Racers• Curse of the Werewolf• Donkey Kong Mine Cart Madness• Hiccup's Winged Gliders (in first post of this Thread)
1721074837992.png
1721074847260.png
1721074860837.png

Arrow in this aerial photo at a cylindrical frame that will be raised to a tower as a themed distant turret of Sacré-Cœur. A 3D background element of the Paris streets in the Harry Potter world in Epic Universe.
1721074886990.png

Aerial photo of Terra Luna and Stella Nova resorts at Epic Universe.
1721074912768.png

Aerial photo of a themed billboard above the full size streets of Paris in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Epic Universe.
1721074948947.png

Aerial look at work so far for the red tented entrance to the theater show in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Epic Universe. Exit from the theater through the facade at arrow.Portal to this world of full-size Paris buildings is out of frame at left.
1721074974435.png

An edge-on aerial view of Helios Grand Hotel in Epic Universe.At base of the large dome, at right, is side view of a sunburst element. At center of it is a white sphere, facing the park and the rooftop lounge.
1721074998834.png

Aerial photo of cascading water features next to Atlantic restaurant in Epic Universe.
1721075021957.png

Aerial photo of the many trees surrounding Oak & Star Tavern in Epic Universe. Some are also backdrop of Dark Universe.
1721075048787.png

trr1

https://x.com/bioreconstruct
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of the front of Epic Universe. First thing guests will see after the portal is Luna Overlook. A view over a cascading water feature and through the length of the park to Helios Grand Hotel.
1721075101936.png

Aerial photo of work in progress at the Untrainable Dragon theater, and as seen in the Epic Universe Preview Center concept model.
1721075141165.png
1721075149416.png

Aerial photo of Celestial Park areas near Meteor Astropub in Epic Universe.
1721075185594.png

Andrew25

Park is looking fantastic.

The one thing I'm having trouble picturing being complete in less than a year is that "round a bout" in the sky between Stella/Terra resorts. Pretty crucial for that to open to prevent massive bottlenecks in the area.

maxairmike

Park is looking fantastic.

The one thing I'm having trouble picturing being complete in less than a year is that "round a bout" in the sky between Stella/Terra resorts. Pretty crucial for that to open to prevent massive bottlenecks in the area.

I share that concern, but I think that once they get the beams down around the whole circle, that’s when it will likely seem to move faster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom