Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
At least Disney still builds them. Aren’t three opening in Tokyo next month? And DAK should soon get a third (“Soon” on Disney’s slower-than-continental drift pace).
…so you’re giving air to that nonsense?

Anyway…I meant splashy water rides…not boat rides that serve as dark ride conveyance

Domestic Parks - at least - don’t build soakers…even when it’s ungodly hot…

Andrew25

…so you’re giving air to that nonsense?

Anyway…I meant splashy water rides…not boat rides that serve as dark ride conveyance

Domestic Parks - at least - don’t build soakers…even when it’s ungodly hot…

I think when executives visit the parks they run once a year during the winter, god forbid they go during the hot summer months, they see short waits and can't find a reason to build more of them.

celluloid

Good point

They also have more limited appeal than before….I don’t think alot of people like the wet feel in parks.

Yes. Without a change of clothes on hand, or panchos and a lot of luck, it tends to be a soggy hassle.

No one ever really topped the soaking wet ride designs of Busch Gardens Tampa and Toon Lagoon at Islands of Adventure in my humble opinion.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes. Without a change of clothes on hand, or panchos and a lot of luck, it tends to be a soggy hassle.

No one ever really topped the soaking wet ride designs of Busch Gardens Tampa and Toon Lagoon at Islands of Adventure in my humble opinion.
I think IOA ruined water rides forever

“Hey…let’s dump the equivalent of a tanker truck on everyone stupid enough to get in a boat!!!!”

Mission:accomplished

WDWFREAK53

“Hey…let’s dump the equivalent of a tanker truck on everyone stupid enough to get in a boat!!!!”

...and that happens to be my son's favorite attraction (Popeye). We went and it was pretty chilly...he rode it 6 times in a row without getting out of the raft. When you're completely drenched head to toe...you can't get any wetter so might as well get it out of your system.

celluloid

What is wild is IOA's Dudley Dorights and Popeyes specifically get some of the highest G-sat ratings. I guess as you said one aspect is they deliver on what they deliver.

People keep thinking Dudley would close, but it rates so dang high.

For what it is worth, I actually change in Toon Lagoon before River Adventure.

If you don't mind staying soaked though, might as well check out the Park Ranger guns vs dinos are Camp Jurassic. Those are so much fun. Suspecting combat or unsuspecting victims.

River Adventure is more of a splash of random and for the most part my socks and unders are dry.

The others, I have been less wet jumping into a pool.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Universal is going to build and open EPIC Universe in less time than Disney will take to do (whatever its trying to do) in EPCOT.
You didn’t come to that conclusion like 3 years ago?
It's stunning -- the difference in urgency has been glaring for years.
…that’s 100% on purpose …”philosophical”

I wish we had seen this coming huh? I bet Wall Street does 🫣🤭

Twirlnhurl

Once every amusement park has one or two, park operators found that there was not a lot of demand for more. Additionally, lots of guests dislike walking around in wet clothes. The rise of cell phones probably reduced demand as well.

I other words, the boom in water rides ended when the market got "saturated" with them.

I think I will leave now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Once every amusement park has one or two, park operators found that there was not a lot of demand for more. Additionally, lots of guests dislike walking around in wet clothes. The rise of cell phones probably reduced demand as well.

I other words, the boom in water rides ended when the market got "saturated" with them.

I think I will leave now.
Your logic is all wet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom