Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

lazyboy97o

Is Universal going to reboot, reinstate their monsters cinematic universe to coincide with EU/DU? I see there's a Wolfman movie in 2025 and James Wan is also supposedly doing a Frankenstein movie. If done well, I can see the Frankenstein movie doing VERY well.
They say in the video that the land ties to all of the movies. They intentionally didn’t anchor it to any specific set of movies so they can pick and choose.

mellyf

Deliver AND MAINTAIN! This should be spectacular in 2025, but they don’t have the best track record maintaining outside of Harry Potter lands. They need to keep all of these visual effects and animatronics working.

We just booked a December 2025 trip because I want to see this land, in particular, at night.

Hmm, we're booked September 2025, but you have me re-thinking that!

mellyf

The hotel rates are scarier than Monsters Unchained will be...

Haha, I booked a couple of months ago, after seeing a post from someone who mentioned the prices were likely to just continue going up. We're staying at the Royal Pacific, and I didn't think the prices were bad at all when I booked, especially considering Express Pass, although I'm sure EP won't be able to be used for EU for quite some time. Maybe unless staying at Epic Universe resorts...

Weather_Lady

Haha, I booked a couple of months ago, after seeing a post from someone who mentioned the prices were likely to just continue going up. We're staying at the Royal Pacific, and I didn't think the prices were bad at all when I booked, especially considering Express Pass, although I'm sure EP won't be able to be used for EU for quite some time. Maybe unless staying at Epic Universe resorts...
I booked RPR for August 2025, months ago. Rates for our room and dates have increased $200/night since - and I'm sure will be way more in the months to come.

Even when we visited during President's Day week a couple of years ago, I booked HRH a year ahead and they'd doubled the rack rates by the time we arrived.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I booked RPR for August 2025, months ago. Rates for our room and dates have increased $200/night since - and I'm sure will be way more in the months to come.
Ah, surge pricing. Made popular decades ago by Disney for their Broadway shows, and now an industry standard.

Uni fans used to relying on discounts are going to have sticker shock with EU. Even if they settle for USF ticket at a discount, all the rooms, even the cheap ones, will be at rack with no discounts.

I would guess.

Disneyhead'71

Ah, surge pricing. Made popular decades ago by Disney for their Broadway shows, and now an industry standard.

Uni fans used to relying on discounts are going to have sticker shock with EU. Even if they settle for USF ticket at a discount, all the rooms, even the cheap ones, will be at rack with no discounts.

I would guess.
There will be AP discounts. But no promotional discounts.

This year is the year to take advantage of promotional discounts. The summer numbers are soft, so they have already rolled out some promotional deals.

Last edited:

trr1

https://x.com/bioreconstruct
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct
Aerial photo of the Epic Universe logo placed above the portal into the park.
1719605518083.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom