Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is that counting the hotel or not? (I wouldn't, which is odd as it's the focal point/weenie for the park)
Yes.

EpicSiteMapCompleteCrop.jpg

TalkToEthan

. The portals will no doubt give us great reveals, but the lack of interconnectivity is disappointing.

And I see it as something desirable. Diagon shows us something special with total saturation of perfect place setting. Let’s not be distracted by multiple entry points.

Multiple entry/exits of a specific land allow for those looking to treat the park as a survey course hopping around without full appreciation but I’d rather immerse myself in each land giving them the attention they deserve; I want portal.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm excited for Universal to build a park that isn't a horrid "ring" layout. They've figured out the need for a "Hub" but then dropped the "Ring" in it's place. I think this park could use an outer ring. The portals will no doubt give us great reveals, but the lack of interconnectivity is disappointing. Curious to see how crowd flow works when this finally opens.
Portals are fine…as long as what’s in the middle doesn’t suck like MGM/Disneyland 👍🏻

Andrew25

Epic Universe in acreage is pretty standard with other parks... BUT it doesn't have "dead zones" like a large central lagoon like at IOA/Epcot or a bunch of random empty pathways/buildings like at DHS. It's pretty close to Disneyland/MK with attractions/venues located in every single corner.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Epic Universe in acreage is pretty standard with other parks... BUT it doesn't have "dead zones" like a large central lagoon like at IOA/Epcot or a bunch of random empty pathways/buildings like at DHS. It's pretty close to Disneyland/MK with attractions/venues located in every single corner.
That’s not gonna stop praetorians from trashing the place while attempting to look “unbiased”

JT3000

I feel like the expansion pads need to be used before we can say this. I mean there's literally two large areas in the park's midsection that will be unaccounted for on opening day. There's also the matter of the hotel in the back, which one could easily argue is a waste of valuable park space.

Andrew25

I feel like the expansion pads need to be used before we can say this. I mean there's literally two large areas in the park's midsection that will be unaccounted for on opening day. There's also the matter of the hotel in the back, which one could easily argue is a waste of valuable park space.

Ignoring the expansion pads, it's still a very compact/filled-in park maximizing every space for some form of guest use.

Also, not sure why everyone is insistent that bigger lands are better than smaller ones. Diagon is arguably better than SWGE as a land, and it's half the size.

I don't think the hotel is a waste of space, considering it's going to be a beautiful structure/backdrop. This park is opening with MORE attractions than DAK currently has, so not sure why we're worried about wasting park space.

This is a park opening with 5 solid E-Ticket attractions from the start, not too mention the flats/shows/smaller attractions.

JT3000

Ignoring the expansion pads, it's still a very compact/filled-in park maximizing every space for some form of guest use.

Also, not sure why everyone is insistent that bigger lands are better than smaller ones. Diagon is arguably better than SWGE as a land, and it's half the size.

I don't think the hotel is a waste of space, considering it's going to be a beautiful structure/backdrop. This park is opening with MORE attractions than DAK currently has, so not sure why we're worried about wasting park space.

This is a park opening with 5 solid E-Ticket attractions from the start, not too mention the flats/shows/smaller attractions.

I probably won't be fully content with the state of the park until the expansion pads get filled in. It's just one of those things I can't ignore. That's a lot of unused space.

Not sure where there was a debate on bigger lands vs. smaller ones, but the obvious advantage of having a larger land is having more experiences. Does this guarantee the land will be better? No, but more content is typically a good thing versus having less content.

What's better than a beautiful backdrop? Attractions. Attractions with nice facades.

This park is opening with MORE attractions than DAK currently has

9495f119-84e7-4228-a3f6-1bd6ce0fae67_text.gif

TalkToEthan

Agreed on all points.

The park will have no “downtime” or fillers slapping us upside our heads with over the top themes at every step.

I’m betting the entire park- every square foot of guest area- will have Diagon/Hogmead/Carsland/Pandora/Galaxy level visuals and meaningful venues.

Andrew25

I probably won't be fully content with the state of the park until the expansion pads get filled in. It's just one of those things I can't ignore. That's a lot of unused space.

Wouldn't that be the state of every single theme park in existence? As fans, we always want areas of the park to be filled in/improved/expanded/etc.

Obviously, we all want more rides, shows, and lands... but this park is opening with a SOLID opening lineup, probably the best since DisneySea first opened with attraction AND park lands quality.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Not sure where there was a debate on bigger lands vs. smaller ones, but the obvious advantage of having a larger land is having more experiences. Does this guarantee the land will be better? No, but more content is typically a good thing versus having less content.

What's better than a beautiful backdrop? Attractions. Attractions with nice facades.

“Experiences”….

…yeah…that’s an automatic rejection there 👍🏻

trr1

do you feel the same bout Epcot? It has I believe 6 expansion plots please correct me if I am wrong

wdwfan4ver

There's also the matter of the hotel in the back, which one could easily argue is a waste of valuable park space.
Do you think there is wasted space at Tokyo Disney Sea?

I am asking that because Tokyo Disney Sea has a hotel inside the theme park just like Epic Universe does.

…more than that…and they fully wasted a couple too

But Epcot is DISNEY…key difference
Not a big surprise in bias.

JT3000

Wouldn't that be the state of every single theme park in existence? As fans, we always want areas of the park to be filled in/improved/expanded/etc.

Obviously, we all want more rides, shows, and lands... but this park is opening with a SOLID opening lineup, probably the best since DisneySea first opened with attraction AND park lands quality.
No. Look at an overhead shot of IOA. Not counting the already built-out areas currently awaiting replacement, it only has one small space left to actually expand. Disneyland is filled to the brim as well, although it feels like they always find new ways to fill it even more. USH is pretty built-out considering the terrible spot it was built in. Leaving parks woefully underbuilt is mainly a WDW thing.
“Experiences”….

…yeah…that’s an automatic rejection there 👍🏻
I Dont Understand Amazon Studios GIF by Amazon Prime Video

do you feel the same bout Epcot? It has I believe 6 expansion plots please correct me if I am wrong
Yep.

I am asking that because Tokyo Disney Sea has a hotel inside the theme park just like Epic Universe does.
Somewhat, but to a much lesser degree, because of where it's situated. It's essentially replacing the park's entrance plaza, which is not prime real estate like the back of a park is. The backside of Epic Universe is a massive area... that's entirely taken up by a hotel with a large lake behind it.
Are you referring to me? Because I almost never leave the Universal section of the forum, so me being Disney biased would be a funny plot twist.

Rich Brownn

At least Epic didn't block off expansion areas like WDW Magic Kingdom did by putting attractions in the way. At least there is areas open for expansion but it won't be visible from Celestial Park

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Or euro…which is a great park entrance

No I assure you…it’s very “clever”..,we’ve never seen rejection of a competitor’s stuff before it opens due to memories of riding Mr toad 30 years ago..I swear 😬

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No. Look at an overhead shot of IOA. Not counting the already built-out areas currently awaiting replacement, it only has one small space left to actually expand. Disneyland is filled to the brim as well, although it feels like they always find new ways to fill it even more. USH is pretty built-out considering the terrible spot it was built in. Leaving parks woefully underbuilt is mainly a WDW thing.
I think Comcast has the ability to revamp the other parks significantly…if they decide to keep going with investment? Big IF
“Experience” is a term cultivated by Disney to separate the actual value from the product in an attempt to separate your money from your wallet.
It’s worked brilliantly…too.
Somewhat, but to a much lesser degree, because of where it's situated. It's essentially replacing the park's entrance plaza, which is not prime real estate like the back of a park is. The backside of Epic Universe is a massive area... that's entirely taken up by a hotel with a large lake behind it.
I don’t think the current plan is to really expand the footprint? But that doesn’t mean they can’t flesh it out. It’s the size of Epcot I believe?

Are you referring to me? Because I almost never leave the Universal section of the forum, so me being Disney biased would be a funny plot twist.
I’ll retract my “pre-judgment” then…but you seem rather salty about EU?

I don’t know…it’s the biggest development in Orlando since the dak area…not the park…the whole area.

Pretty impressive/ambitious. Gotta give street cred for that.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom