Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

HenryMystic

Something like that really ought to debut with the HHN event, where it will get a lot of attention from hardcore fans of haunted attractions. Maybe if they build at extreme home makeover speed...

I think that's the reason behind the apparent rush, but I don't see how they get the new building up and running by September.

Timekeeper

I think that's the reason behind the apparent rush, but I don't see how they get the new building up and running by September.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking, unless a significant portion is already being prefabricated. But it does lead one to wonder as to how good a "permanent" house will be compared to the "temporary" houses that are being built on the same schedule.

Transformers would fit in well where Twister is, and at least allow T2/ET to have a little bit more shelf life.

Captain Chaos

Has there been any pictures or confirmation that SS44 is down??? Couldn't be possible that they aren't demolishing the whole thing, maybe just a portion, thus cutting down on construction time???

Oh and why the height test??? I doubt the building will be that tall... How tall is it in Hollywood??? I guess they could put a billboard on the roof, advertising the haunt/HHN.. or, maybe they could do something with Frankenstein, where the lighting rod exits the roof like in the movies??? More waiting to see I guess....

HenryMystic

Has there been any pictures or confirmation that SS44 is down??? Couldn't be possible that they aren't demolishing the whole thing, maybe just a portion, thus cutting down on construction time???

Oh and why the height test??? I doubt the building will be that tall... How tall is it in Hollywood??? I guess they could put a billboard on the roof, advertising the haunt/HHN.. or, maybe they could do something with Frankenstein, where the lighting rod exits the roof like in the movies??? More waiting to see I guess....
Just have to wait and see. I suspect we'll see a brand new, taller Soundstage for multiple floors.

RyanTTD

Just to give you guys an idea of how massive Transformers ride building here in Hollywood is:

Early in the construction:

071210-ush003-sm.jpg

Then they dug down a good 20-30 feet to expand the building.

113010-ush022-sm.jpg

Look at the door, that is ground level.

If a clone is coming to Orlando, the building is going to be very tall due to Orlando being a former swamp land.

You can find more photos on http://www.westcoaster.net

GLaDOS

Twister's placement really isn't ideal for something like that. It'd be possible, but you'd be cutting into walkway and concert viewing space.

cheezbat

Twister's placement really isn't ideal for something like that. It'd be possible, but you'd be cutting into walkway and concert viewing space.

Not only those issues, but the Rockit goes through the facade of Twister. With construction on that soundstage, they would most likely have to close the Rockit for awhile.

Millionaire2K

Not only those issues, but the Rockit goes through the facade of Twister. With construction on that soundstage, they would most likely have to close the Rockit for awhile.

I would not call it "Twister's" facade. Yes it attatches to to building Twister is in. But I see it more as NY themeing. And we all know Twisters are not in NYC. Its also does not go through the front of Twister. ;) i.e. not the facade of Twister

AswaySuller

It'll be an ok attraction I guess.

The one in Hollywood is ok... You do it once or twice and it's done though!

I'm grateful for something new but gutted its not transformers.

I'm guessing they want to go on a much larger scale than the Hollywood one...

The one in Hollywood is over in a minute or two and the building isn't particularly big.
To be honest I've only done it as many times as I have is because I used to be a smoker and it's situated right next to the smoking section!

Merlin0402

Original Poster
Well this turned out to be a huge bummer... Obviously it will be better than what was there before (an empty building), but Transformers would've really been awesome... :(

HM GhostHostess

I'm more concerned about what is going to happen to the DeLorean and the time traveling Jules Verne Train. Seeing these props was the highlight of my most recent trip to Universal Studios. I even met Doc Brown and he let me sit in the drivers seat in the DeLorean because he saw how big of a Back to the Future fan I was.

Seriously, if they don't put them back out on display, I will be furious. :mad:

NemoRocks78

Seized
I'm more concerned about what is going to happen to the DeLorean and the time traveling Jules Verne Train. Seeing these props was the highlight of my most recent trip to Universal Studios. I even met Doc Brown and he let me sit in the drivers seat in the DeLorean because he saw how big of a Back to the Future fan I was.

Agreed. :mad: I guess it'll just be a matter of finding a spot for them. Or maybe they'll come back to the area if this isn't going to be as a big of a buildout as we think it is.

Thrill Seeker

They should find a way to put them in World Expo near MIB...

StageFrenzy

I think if transformers where to come, it would replace terminator.
I feel like this is the next attraction to go and they do have some land around the theater. However I would think another theater show would be the choice and use the existing structure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom