Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

HTF

The stilt walkers have started to make appearances in front of the Supply Vault. So far it's only Optimus and Bumblebee, with Megatron due to appear any day now.

Timekeeper

555318_221507081328253_1601452320_n.jpg

djlaosc

NEST as seen from New York

Thank you for posting!

I've been waiting to judge until we saw some pictures with the surrounding area included in them, and, I have to say, Transformers sticks out like a sore thumb from this side, and even looks a bit cartoony! It doesn't look like it fits the area at all!

It looks awful! (although it could have possibly fit in well with Men in Black in World Expo - why didn't they build this there?

BryceM

Thank you for posting!

I've been waiting to judge until we saw some pictures with the surrounding area included in them, and, I have to say, Transformers sticks out like a sore thumb from this side, and even looks a bit cartoony! It doesn't look like it fits the area at all!

It looks awful! (although it could have possibly fit in well with Men in Black in World Expo - why didn't they build this there?
I heard it looks a lot better in person, but still, I agree. Hopefully with the addition of the giant Optimus Prime it will look better, but for now, it looks just like a big grey wall in the middle of New York.

lazyboy97o

I heard it looks a lot better in person, but still, I agree. Hopefully with the addition of the giant Optimus Prime it will look better, but for now, it looks just like a big grey wall in the middle of New York.
I don't think it looks better in person and really dislike the idea of the giant characters being added.

BryceM

I don't think it looks better in person and really dislike the idea of the giant characters being added.
Well. All my hope is lost then on the exterior for this attraction. I wouldn't say it's horrendous, but the New York view really is the worst. The other angles don't appear to be as bad.

djlaosc

Even if it looked like it did, but the colour of the warehouse was the same as those buildings on that picture (brownish colour) then it would look better than the bright grey that it is now!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well. All my hope is lost then on the exterior for this attraction. I wouldn't say it's horrendous, but the New York view really is the worst. The other angles don't appear to be as bad.

Remember that is down the side street too... Not the main drag view. But yes... Hideous :)

Mike C

I've seen it in person and think it looks pretty good, I've been on the Hollywood version, and it's loads better looking than that, and it really fits the theme of the transformers ride itself being a nest facility. Compared to the view down that street before it was an improvement. (the grungier looking shorter old soundstage building then shrek posters above it).

And i originally didn't think I'd like it, but walking around it from different areas of the park I think it works to stand out.

AswaySuller

It doesn't look great from that view... I'm still pretty psyched for it though.

Does anyone have a view from that angle pre transformers building being there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom