Universal came conquered and will wait another 15 years to go back!!!

BigThunderMatt

Butter beer mmm mmm good but will do a comparison with le fou when I arrive in September.

Just freeze some apple juice and top it with some kind of completely unrelated flavored foam that doesn't match the main beverage at all. You'll get the same effect and you won't have to pay more than you would for a regular or frozen butterbeer in a non-souvenir glass.

Transformers cool ride but why would they copy Spider-Man with the same ride concept?
The same reason that WDW has multiple spinners, omnimovers, and 3D films. It's very easy to take an already done concept, slap a new theme on it and call it a new attraction.

Universal nighttime spectacular wow did not like it at all!
Hey, they're trying. Go to WDW and enjoy the decade-old fireworks at MK, the 14 year old fireworks at Epcot, and the 15 year old night show with crap effects at Studios.

The new Harry potter ride very cool ride concept. Got dizzy at times and they could have done something better inside visually. But all in all pretty cool! The city was visually amazing.

And it only cost them $250M to build it all, which is as much as Disney paid to build Everest. Wow, a whole land with a groundbreaking attraction for the cost of one ride. Keep in mind that Universal is paying $500M to build Diagon Alley, which is $50M more than it will have ultimately cost to build New Fantasyland, it will be built in a substantially shorter period of time, and have substantially more substance.

Well eveyone I just don't see it! There employees are rude rude rude the free locker on roller coaster is just a pain when u can't find any because its so busy.

Disney has no problem incorporating places to keep cameras hats bags on all their rides!

Disney doesn't have rides nearly as high caliber and of the intensity that Universal has. Loose articles on most of their attractions, even if they were in some kind of storage compartment, would create a safety hazard. And really, the only ones that don't have them are the roller coasters which rarely have storage areas to begin with. True, Space, Thunder and Everest have them but I hardly consider them intense coasters by any means.

And as far as rude employees go, Disney hasn't exactly been stellar in that department of late.

All in all I'm glad I did universal to really show how much Disney is superior in a lot of aspects. The details the
Planning and guest experience will always have me coming back to Disney world.

Cool story, bro. Get back to me in 7 years when Disney is sitting on a $2.5 billion paperweight called MyMagic+ and hasn't added a single new attraction and Universal has added 5-6.

BigThunderMatt

Cause they wanted to do it their own way and was asking for too much money! That's the only reason

Wrong, they wanted full creative control and would have bastardized it with ridiculous product placement (Mickey Harry Potter anyone) that would have ultimately spoiled the integrity of the product. J.K. Rowling had every right as creator to demand full creative control and Disney dropped the ball in not giving it to her. More power to her, at least she didn't sell out like George Lucas. And the finished product speaks for itself.

misterID

I did???? I did not want to bother arguing about it. Just wanted to make my point across that all the Super hate for the world is just not called for. Yes i agree they have to step it up in some areas. And yes i do see universal going in the right direction. I do give credit where credit is deserved. And i have not made sly remarks to my fellow brothers and sisters on this web site. I do enjoy breaking things down and talking about things. All of you have good points and i have taken it all in. I should have not ranted and i guess should have chose my wording better cause i knew a lot of you would be on me for "dissin" uni lol.....

There is no "super hate." That's the problem, and the warped perspective here. Love and disappointment are not hate. And neither is reality.

HTF

I'm gonna end this lol, here are the last several press announcements from each resort. I mean media invites and all. Now I mean this jokingly so don't get all bent out of shape... It's the truth though.

Disney

New Benches at MGM
Starbucks at MK
5 media invites for New Fantasyland
3 Media Invites for Animation Hotel
Theater relocation for 15 year old show
Limited Time Magic
Star Tours 2
24 hour park opening
Project NextGen
DVC

Universal

Opening of Potter Phase 1
New Parade
New Nightshow
Spider-Man 4K
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
New 1800 Room Hotel
Springfield USA
Transformers
Transformers M&G and Store
Diagon Alley
New Citywalk offerings like Mini Golf and so on..
Not to mention a host of upgrades resort wide that Universal never even mentions...

Here is where the Disney vs Universal discussion needs to focus. Talk about this stuff please, show me how anyone can spin this lol. And I say that because Pixie Mania will spin it lol. Disney is on a dangerous slope and I know I'm not the only Disney fan that knows this.

mickeysbrother

Original Poster
Wrong, they wanted full creative control and would have bastardized it with ridiculous product placement (Mickey Harry Potter anyone) that would have ultimately spoiled the integrity of the product. J.K. Rowling had every right as creator to demand full creative control and Disney dropped the ball in not giving it to her. More power to her, at least she didn't sell out like George Lucas. And the finished product speaks for itself.

And i agree it's was totally up to her and she wanted control! But I'm sorry egroeg sacul is richer then everyone put together on this forum! Sell out not really he just got the most bang for his buck and inthink anyone in his position would have did the same thing. Who else would have paid billions for his empire!

WildcatDen

Here is where the Disney vs Universal discussion needs to focus.
OK. Let's have that conversation when Universal has 4 parks, 2 water parks and a comparable number of hotel/resort rooms in the Orlando area.

Or better yet. Let's compare the WDW/UNI announcements to little old King's Island in Ohio.
2009 - Diamondback opened
2010 - Peanuts Characters introduced
2011 - Windseeker added, Dinosaurs Alive added
2012 - New additions and complete retheme to waterpark - Soak City making it the MidWest's largest waterpark.
2013 - Nothing New. Removed Son of Beast.
2014 - Banshee - World's longest inverted coaster. Set to open in April 2014 for the whopping price of $24M

Last edited:

Sassagoula-Rvr

I personally thought IOA felt cheap, and something slightly above Six flags...Potter was a mess...and was not built to handle large crowds at all. Suess landing was cute for young kids I'm sure, but not much of a place for adults and kids to enjoy things together.

Jurrasic Park River Adventure, I will give them that over Kali for sure.

Potter's new ride...interesting concept...cramped seating...and the outdoor queue is nothing special despite what people make you think.

Spiderman was cool, I'll give Uni that.

Dudley Doo Right's falls...why is it still in the park? ...yikes.

At the end of the day...it poured for 95% of the day we were there...there were about 3-4 attractions open...and I swore I will never go back again.

I was already skeptical of Uni, and that day confirmed what I have always thought of them.

Although Margaritaville was A+ for this Jimmy fan...wish Disney had that.

ctxak98

I have to agree I don't understand the hype of Island of Adventure being the best theme park in Florida. I think Its a great park but I feel just as transported there as I do at Animal Kingdom. Honestly whoever said main street is just a bunch of shops....isn't that what Port of Entry is???? just checking.

But yes I agree port Of entry is a great entrance! very magical. One spot I find very overrated is The Lost Continent. I don't find either show there themed to excellence or even tat great!

Harry Potter has some great things working for it. Hogwarts walkthough of castle is amazing as is the stores and shops. Ride could have been better if the spiders maybe actually moved and the dementors were a little better than sheets on a stick(just some nitpicking that I think would make the attraction REALLY stand out) still probably top 10 top 15 in Orlando!

Jurassic Park to me is Great. Even though it is just lush and full of plants, I feel like I am there. That's what Jurassic Park was! and with the fencing throughout the land and noises, it makes it seem like there could be dinosaurs behing them! JPRA....sorta cool but could be better with an upgrade (IMO Disney has the upperhand on the dinosaur attraction. And no I don't mean Primeval whirl!)

Toon Lagoon is cool to look at for like 10 minutes but then If you don't want to get wet....you just have to leave because there is nothing else to do!

Super hero island is a little boring with just the cutouts of characters but I get what they are going for here! Spiderman is still the parks best ride....by far. Hulk is still just a rollercoaster IMO but some people love it so I will leave that alone. Storm force.....basically tea cups themed to storm some how! they could so something else in that space! Dr. Dooms has a cool concept but....I don't find the actual ride worth it!? I thought I was going to feel a TOT type thing but didn't at all.

Suessland is pretty cool. It just needs more rides!

Well that's my Opinion on Islands of Adventure. Still needs work but so does every theme Park in Florida!

Turtle

There is no attacking. It's just hilarious to read a ride that's basically universally viewed as one of the best in the world to be described as "Probably a top 10 or 15 ride in Orlando".
I agree that it's absurd to hear that Forbidden Journey isn't a top ride But after all remember that you're on a Disney forum where most people are on Pixie Dust

BryceM

I personally thought IOA felt cheap, and something slightly above Six flags...
Ugh. Some parts of IOA are weak (transition between Toon Lagoon and Marvel), but I will never understand the Six Flags comparison made by people. There is a VERY fine line between the two. One is a theme park, the other an amusement park.

But whatever. I don't want to get into this again...

:(

Last edited:

mickeysbrother

Original Poster
Translation: You stepped onto Universal property thinking, "I really want this to be inferior to Disney. I just have to look for reasons to convince myself of that."

Congrats, it appears you succeeded. And it only cost you $143.

Not at all! I have been to universal many times in the past! I either did Disney or universal or both on the same trip! As I have gotten older I can now judge on rides and ambiance. When I was a kid all I wanted to do was rides and really didn't pay attention to my surroundings. That's why as a teen I just wanted to do universal. But now I see the difference! I could have paid 1000 dollars it's not about the money! It's about all the hype surrounding universal like it's absolutely the best theme park in the world and Disney is the one catching up! It's huey I say big fat Huey!

mickeysbrother

Original Poster
I personally thought IOA felt cheap, and something slightly above Six flags...Potter was a mess...and was not built to handle large crowds at all. Suess landing was cute for young kids I'm sure, but not much of a place for adults and kids to enjoy things together.

Jurrasic Park River Adventure, I will give them that over Kali for sure.

Potter's new ride...interesting concept...cramped seating...and the outdoor queue is nothing special despite what people make you think.

Spiderman was cool, I'll give Uni that.

Dudley Doo Right's falls...why is it still in the park? ...yikes.

At the end of the day...it poured for 95% of the day we were there...there were about 3-4 attractions open...and I swore I will never go back again.

I was already skeptical of Uni, and that day confirmed what I have always thought of them.

Although Margaritaville was A+ for this Jimmy fan...wish Disney had that.

Like :)

You get 3 more likes :)

ctxak98

There is no attacking. It's just hilarious to read a ride that's basically universally viewed as one of the best in the world to be described as "Probably a top 10 or 15 ride in Orlando".
Honestly though the ride itself is really overrated IMO. Its transitions from one scene to the next dont make sense! However the ride sytem is unique which makes it awesome. But if you try to argue that the spiders abd dementors are realistic by any means....i just dont understand. All i said is that it could be better!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom