Universal came conquered and will wait another 15 years to go back!!!

Sassagoula-Rvr

I just thank god the general public isn't this close minded.
How is that being closed minded? If you like Uni that much fine...but some of you need to remember...this isn't UniMagic...it's a WDW fan site with a universal forum. I don't understand all of the Disney hate either...but I don't call many of you closed minded.

BryceM

No, I hold IOA and Universal responsible for not having indoor attractions so that $95 spent on a rainy day isn't a waste...at Disney you can go in a theater, or a dark ride, or Space Mt. Or POTC, or any of the others at the other parks...IOA had nothing....the employees informed us that there were 3 attractions running...
IOA has way more than 3 things to do in the rain, but okay. I guess a ride must've been down(?)

BryceM

How is that being closed minded? If you like Uni that much fine...but some of you need to remember...this isn't UniMagic...it's a WDW fan site with a universal forum. I don't understand all of the Disney hate either...but I don't call many of you closed minded.
What's close minded is your comparison of IOA to a Six Flags. You're complaints about the park are that there was a lack of things to do in the rain, Potter felt cramped, Seuss felt too geared to little kids, the seats on Forbidden Journey felt too cramped, and... That's basically it.

I personally don't see how this equates to a Six Flags. Have you been to a Six Flags? Does IOA have rap/country music blaring through the parks? Is there ads for cell phone companies plastered on the coaster trains? Are there massive 300 ft. tall roller coasters built on top of one an other and then over a parking lot? Does IOA have as good as theming as one of Six Flags' lovely parks?

No, both Universal parks are not perfect. But the comparison to a Six Flags is just annoying and unnecessary.

And for the record, I love both Universal AND Disney. These parks truly put the theme in "theme park" and produce quality attractions and themed lands/entertainment. When Six Flags builds something as elaborately themed as IOA's Port of Entry or Seuss Landing, or Universal Studios' New York or Hollywood, please call me.

Last edited:

GLaDOS

No, I hold IOA and Universal responsible for not having indoor attractions so that $95 spent on a rainy day isn't a waste...at Disney you can go in a theater, or a dark ride, or Space Mt. Or POTC, or any of the others at the other parks...IOA had nothing....the employees informed us that there were 3 attractions running...

First of all, rain doesn't close attractions. Thunder and lightning do.

USF attractions open in the thunder and lightning:
Despicable Me
Shrek
Twister
Mummy
Transformers
Disaster
MIB
Simpsons
Barney
ET
Horror Make-up Show
Terminator

Count: 12

IoA attractions open:
Spider-Man
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Ollivanders
Sinbad
Poseidon's Fury
Cat in the Hat

Count: 6

DHS Attractions open in inclement weather:
GMR
AIE
Star Tours
Muppet Vision
TSMM
Mermaid
Animation
Disney Junior
ToT
RNRC

Count: 10

DAK attractions open in incliment weather:
Bug's Life
Dinosaur
Nemo
Festival of the Lion King

Count: 4

Yup. Disney is SO much better than Universal in that department. I realize MK and EPCOT are really good when it's nasty out. But to say Disney always has more to do in inclement weather than Universal is basically BS.

mahnamahna101

Despicable Me
Shrek
Twister
Mummy
Transformers
Disaster
MIB
Simpsons
Barney
ET
Horror Make-up Show
Terminator

IoA attractions open:
Spider-Man
Ollivanders
Sinbad
Poseidon's Fury
Cat in the Hat

GMR
AIE
Star Tours
Muppet Vision
TSMM
Mermaid
Animation
Disney Junior
ToT
RNRC

Bug's Life
Dinosaur
Nemo

Yup. Disney is SO much better than Universal in that department. I realize MK and EPCOT are really good when it's nasty out. But to say Disney always has more to do in inclement weather than Universal is basically BS.

Not to mention that Gringotts and the Diagon Alley walkthrough attractions are coming too, Wonka might be replacing Lost Continent as an entire indoor chocolate factory pavillion, a Lorax dark ride, the KidZone will probably be getting another dark ride, and I'd expect an indoor show in Toon Lagoon too.

Comcast is doing a lot to improve the amount of indoor rides throughout both parks and will be on par with EPCOT eventually IMO if TDO doesn't react.

disney fan 13

Despicable Me
Shrek
Twister
Mummy
Transformers
Disaster
MIB
Simpsons
Barney
ET
Horror Make-up Show
Terminator

IoA attractions open:
Spider-Man
Ollivanders
Sinbad
Poseidon's Fury
Cat in the Hat

GMR
AIE
Star Tours
Muppet Vision
TSMM
Mermaid
Animation
Disney Junior
ToT
RNRC

Bug's Life
Dinosaur
Nemo

Quoted for truth.

RyenDeckard

Somebody with the username "Mickeysbrother" posts a thread about how Universal is basically Six Flags and that spurs 8 pages of discussions.

This forum falls for troll bait really, really easily.

Hell, even if it's not a standard troll, it's pretty obvious from his write up that he went in wanting to hate it already. Why somebody would spend that much money to get into the parks with a negative attitude only to prove that corporation A is better than corporation B is another problem entirely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom