Universal came conquered and will wait another 15 years to go back!!!

mickeysbrother

Original Poster
Ok so went to universal and paid 143.00 to do both parks in one day! Monday the 30th to be exact. Was I impressed with there new rides? Not really.

Butter beer mmm mmm good but will do a comparison with le fou when I arrive in September.

Transformers cool ride but why would they copy Spider-Man with the same ride concept?

Universal nighttime spectacular wow did not like it at all!

The new Harry potter ride very cool ride concept. Got dizzy at times and they could have done something better inside visually. But all in all pretty cool! The city was visually amazing.

But other then that they still have nothing on Disney. Let me say I havnt been to universal in 15 years and have been wanting to go because of everyone's hype about how they are kicking disneys butt!

Well eveyone I just don't see it! There employees are rude rude rude the free locker on roller coaster is just a pain when u can't find any because its so busy.

Disney has no problem incorporating places to keep cameras hats bags on all their rides!

All in all I'm glad I did universal to really show how much Disney is superior in a lot of aspects. The details the
Planning and guest experience will always have me coming back to Disney world.

Ok enough with my little rant just had to let u guys and girls know.

BryceM

I enjoyed it. But I have a problem comparing every park to a Disney park.

Just wish all the hate for Disney would be taken down a notch I guess. Cause wow uni has nothing on them really. A few good rides here and there but nothing to write home about
Well, I have to disagree with the "few good rides here and there but nothing to write home about" statement, but it really is all opinion!

mickeysbrother

Original Poster
Well, I have to disagree with the "few good rides here and there but nothing to write home about" statement, but it really is all opinion!

I don't mind a good debate and take nothing personally so please do tell.
This is my list of a great attraction at uni.
Simpsons ride I really enjoyed. Loved the fact that they incorporated doc in some places

Transformers ok but loved watching the scenes more then anything but 2 rides same concept wasn't too up for that

Harry potter ride. Wicked ride concept really freaking cool. But IMO Disney could have done much better.

Other then that the other rides are just other rides,

Yes Disney has blah rides also but they have more better ones then uni.

How about your list?

BryceM

I don't mind a good debate and take nothing personally so please do tell.
This is my list of a great attraction at uni.
Simpsons ride I really enjoyed. Loved the fact that they incorporated doc in some places

Transformers ok but loved watching the scenes more then anything but 2 rides same concept wasn't too up for that

Harry potter ride. Wicked ride concept really freaking cool. But IMO Disney could have done much better.

Other then that the other rides are just other rides,

Yes Disney has blah rides also but they have more better ones then uni.

How about your list?
You're really asking me what attractions I think are great at Universal? I didn't want to get into this, but okay...

- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man (absolutely brilliant!)
- Revenge of the Mummy (one of the best themed coasters ever created)
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (how could Disney have done better? Did you even see that queue? It can't be topped.)
- Jurassic Park River Adventure (one of the most climatic finishes to a ride)
- Men in Black: Alien Attack (simply just one of the best rides ever created)
- Disaster! A Major Motion Picture Ride
- Universal's Horror Make-Up Show
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster
- Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges (best water rafting ride ever created?)
- The Cat in the Hat
- Transformers: The Ride
- Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- E.T. Adventure (WAY better than Peter Pan's Flight)
- Poseidon's Fury
- The Simpsons Ride
- Camp Jurassic (this counts, right? Tom Sawyer's Island on steroids)

Also, Islands of Adventure is my favorite theme park, and I love Universal Studios. They are both incredible parks with incredible details and incredible attractions.

PUSH

In reality, there are things Disney does better, and things UNI does better. Some people are more Disney people, and some are more UNI people. Some don't have a preference either way. People will complain about Disney's ways, which isn't uncalled for since Disney hasn't done much in recent years. It's not fair to say either is bad, though, since they both have great parks.

BryceM

In reality, there are things Disney does better, and things UNI does better. Some people are more Disney people, and some are more UNI people. Some don't have a preference either way. People will complain about Disney's ways, which isn't uncalled for since Disney hasn't done much in recent years. It's not fair to say either is bad, though, since they both have great parks.
THANK YOU.

I would like to state that I'm someone who "doesn't have a preference either way".

Turtle

You're really asking me what attractions I think are great at Universal? I didn't want to get into this, but okay...

- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man (absolutely brilliant!)
- Revenge of the Mummy (one of the best themed coasters ever created)
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (how could Disney have done better? Did you even see that queue? It can't be topped.)
- Jurassic Park River Adventure (one of the most climatic finishes to a ride)
- Men in Black: Alien Attack (simply just one of the best rides ever created)
- Disaster! A Major Motion Picture Ride
- Universal's Horror Make-Up Show
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster
- Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges (best water rafting ride ever created?)
- The Cat in the Hat
- Transformers: The Ride
- Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- E.T. Adventure (WAY better than Peter Pan's Flight)
- Poseidon's Fury
- The Simpsons Ride
- Camp Jurassic (this counts, right? Tom Sawyer's Island on steroids)

Also, Islands of Adventure is my favorite theme park, and I love Universal Studios. They are both incredible parks with incredible details and incredible attractions.
Ok I have disagreements.

Revenge of Mummy. Best themed rollercoaster? The first AA mummy was impressive, then the little fire room was cool. But then the rest wasn't very great. Cardboard cut-outs of Mummies with cool lights? Not very best themed rollercoaster. Despicable Me?! That thing was sitting down on a little vehicle while staring at a TV screen in a room with a bunch of other people. No immersive theming whatsoever.

Forbidden Journey, and Spiderman are some of the greatest rides on the planet, but I think you're a bit biased on the subject.

BryceM

Ok I have disagreements.

Revenge of Mummy. Best themed rollercoaster? The first AA mummy was impressive, then the little fire room was cool. But then the rest wasn't very great. Cardboard cut-outs of Mummies with cool lights? Not very best themed rollercoaster. Despicable Me?! That thing was sitting down on a little vehicle while staring at a TV screen in a room with a bunch of other people. No immersive theming whatsoever.

Forbidden Journey, and Spiderman are some of the greatest rides on the planet, but I think you're a bit biased on the subject.
I'm not biased, I have an opinion.

I have not made ANY assertions that Despicable Me is one of "the greatest rides on the planet". I stated that it is one of the better rides at Universal. Certainly not one of the best in the world. And did you not read what I said about Revenge of the Mummy? I said it is ONE of the best themed roller coasters in the world. I did not call it THE best themed roller coaster in the world.

And no, the black-lit figures on Mummy are not the best, but the rest of the ride makes up for it. The actual show scenes are very impressive, and there's quite a few of them.

Turtle

I'm not biased, I have an opinion.

I have not made ANY assertions that Despicable Me is one of "the greatest rides on the planet". I stated that it is one of the better rides at Universal. Certainly not one of the best in the world. And did you not read what I said about Revenge of the Mummy? I said it is ONE of the best themed roller coasters in the world. I did not call it THE best roller coaster in the world.

And no, the black-lit figures on Mummy are not the best, but the rest of the ride makes up for it. The actual show scenes are very impressive, and there's quite a few of them.
I interpreted it as the better rides in any park, so when I saw Despicable Me I snapped

BryceM

I interpreted it as the better rides in any park, so when I saw Despicable Me I snapped
The OP asked me what I thought were the good rides at Universal were. I supplied him with my personal list.

If I had created a personal list called "Greatest Universal attractions that are also the greatest attractions in the world", my list would've been shorter and Despicable Me would have not been on it.

Turtle

The OP asked me what I thought were the good rides at Universal were. I supplied him with my personal list.

If I had created a personal list called "Greatest Universal attractions that are also the greatest attractions in the world", my list would've been shorter and Despicable Me would have not been on it.
I know, I misread it.

luv

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. Surprised, but sorry.

I agree that the lockers are a pain. It's my #1 issue with Uni. I always advise a pack or no bag at all. !!!!

The night show could be a lot better, but it's good for what it is.

The Uni employees need work, but so do the Disney ones. The interesting thing is that Uni's employees get better and nicer, while Disney's employees more and more often cannot be bothered with guests because they're too busy talking to each other. They tie now, but if things keep going the way they are, Uni will come out on top there, too.

I'm a huge fan of both Uni and Disney. Disney continues to let everything slide while Uni keeps things fresh and sharp-looking while adding more (and better, IMO) rides all the time, so I have to give Uni a ton of credit.

Magenta Panther

Okay...now I love WDW, I'm heading there again this fall...BUT...

When I'm at Universal, and I cross under the bridge carved with the words "The Adventure Begins" at Port of Entry...I truly walk into another world. The first time I entered there, I was blown away. That place looks exotic, eerie, magical, a world apart. The theming is incredible. The background music is sublime. And I have to admit that I very seldom feel anything like the same feeling at WDW. Perhaps only at the Haunted Mansion, and the Tower of Terror, do I feel like I'm experiencing something extraordinary. Maybe also at Norway in World Showcase. Overall, Universal's Islands of Adventure kicks WDW's butt when it comes to ambience. Heck, Seuss Landing alone blows most of Fantasyland out of the water when it comes to theming. It's not a theme I'm crazy about (not a fan of Seuss' drawing style) but it sure as heck looks like you've stepped right into one of Seuss' books. The detail and care and authenticity are staggering.

I mean, really, when you walk down WDW's Main Street...is there anything visually special about it? Sure, it's old-fashioned looking. But it's mostly just gift shops that all sell pretty much the same stuff. DHS, much as I like it, still looks like the Imagineers didn't try very hard (except for the Tower). We all know that Epcot is NOT the way Walt envisioned it, and I think it still, apart from World Showcase, has an identity problem. Animal Kingdom - give me a break. A glorified zoo, tops. I think the reason I still prefer WDW over Universal is because of the Disney legacy. That's about it. I love Walt Disney, the films he created, the philosophy his films espoused, the real magic he achieved. WDW is still a very special place, make no mistake. But Universal has got the mojo right now. Again, this year I'm headed back to WDW. But next year, after Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express are completed...I'll be going to AND staying at Universal. That's not my fault. That's TDO's fault and Robert Iger's fault. If things continue as they are, Universal could very well be my new vacation spot. Because the mojo is with Universal. And I'm getting pretty damn sick of waiting for WDW to get its frickin' act together and create new reasons for me to keep going to WDW, staying in the parks, and spending money there. The 7 Dwarf's Mine Train is something I'd like to see, sure. But compared to the Hogwarts Express? Sorry, Doc (and Dopey and Happy and Grumpy etc.)...the mojo is with Universal. :cry:

Sped2424

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. Surprised, but sorry.

I agree that the lockers are a pain. It's my #1 issue with Uni. I always advise a pack or no bag at all. !!!!

The night show could be a lot better, but it's good for what it is.

The Uni employees need work, but so do the Disney ones. The interesting thing is that Uni's employees get better and nicer, while Disney's employees more and more often cannot be bothered with guests because they're too busy talking to each other. They tie now, but if things keep going the way they are, Uni will come out on top there, too.

I'm a huge fan of both Uni and Disney. Disney continues to let everything slide while Uni keeps things fresh and sharp-looking while adding more (and better, IMO) rides all the time, so I have to give Uni a ton of credit.
Now I think there may be a few bad eggs with disney employees but thats people not the company and you are always going to find rude people no matter where you go. They train them to be as polite as possible over at the world, while I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience with a cast member I was treated like poop by the guy loading The Spider man ride. But I'm not gonna say that sums up all of uni's employees because I bet they have to go to the same if not similar type of training. I just had the misfortune of running into a . I have to say both have impeccable employees, but if I were to really say which one had better customer service Im going to go with Disney customer service is one thing they have done, and I feel always get right, a little to right sometimes.

luv

Now I think there may be a few bad eggs with disney employees but thats people not the company and you are always going to find rude people no matter where you go. They train them to be as polite as possible over at the world, while I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience with a cast member I was treated like poop by the guy loading The Spider man ride. But I'm not gonna say that sums up all of uni's employees because I bet they have to go to the same if not similar type of training. I just had the misfortune of running into a . I have to say both have impeccable employees, but if I were to really say which one had better customer service Im going to go with Disney customer service is one thing they have done, and I feel always get right, a little to right sometimes.
My experiences have obviously been different than yours.

But I'm not making it up, i swear. I think I'm going to start videoing the Disney staff on occasion and popping it up on You Tube so that people can witness what I see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom