Universal came conquered and will wait another 15 years to go back!!!

jensenrick

Just wanted to make my point across that all the Super hate for the world is just not called for.

I'd sure like for someone to show me where this "Super hate" for WDW is on this forum. I've seen some complaints and disappointment in some stuff Disney has done, but I defy anyone to show me someone who Super Hates Disney. Fact is, this is not a sorority house, and we are not cheerleaders- we are consumers and have every right to complain when we are asked to pay more and receive less.

mickeysbrother

Original Poster
I'd sure like for someone to show me where this "Super hate" for WDW is on this forum. I've seen some complaints and disappointment in some stuff Disney has done, but I defy anyone to show me someone who Super Hates Disney. Fact is, this is not a sorority house, and we are not cheerleaders- we are consumers and have every right to complain when we are asked to pay more and receive less.
I Can show you a lot of it! But I don't even want to bother copy and pasting!
Stocks are up so why should I really care right now. Every time I go to the world will be number 47 in September I'm transported to another world.
Maybe if you and others think they are doing so bad just don't give them money! Then when there stocks start falling they will realize! Before that happens I'm sorry they will not change anything for you.

HTF

I Can show you a lot of it! But I don't even want to bother copy and pasting!
Stocks are up so why should I really care right now. Every time I go to the world will be number 47 in September I'm transported to another world.
Maybe if you and others think they are doing so bad just don't give them money! Then when there stocks start falling they will realize! Before that happens I'm sorry they will not change anything for you.

Have you been to the DLR within the past year or two?

HTF

So I have been told!!

Not gonna get into the debate but having been to DLR several times now in the past three years I have more of an appreciation then I previously did for Disney. Then again it really made me angry to see what DL has done in the last several years as well as what's on the horizon for them. I think if you go you will see why everyone has had it with TDO. I've been to the World WELL OVER 100 times and currently an AP holder. I've seen the World go through amazing expansions and unique attractions but over the last decade I've also seen them lose a step in there game while other resorts begin to catch up. And at this point it's not just DLR passing Disney's "flagship" resort in creativity and expansion. Every Resort is expanding and building new creative attractions and as an AP holder and resident of Orlando I can't be ok with this. Again I think if you visit any other Disney Resort you will find something Orlando has been lacking, new major attractions, creativity, and up keep in operational excellence.

BryceM

Honestly though the ride itself is really overrated IMO. Its transitions from one scene to the next dont make sense! However the ride sytem is unique which makes it awesome. But if you try to argue that the spiders abd dementors are realistic by any means....i just dont understand. All i said is that it could be better!
I think the that the queue/facade really help the attraction. The queue (in my opinion) is the best in Orlando. For a while, I always agreed that Tower of Terror had the best queue, and the old Dueling Dragons queue was up there as well. But then Forbidden Journey opened. The facade is also awesome, obviously.

mickeysbrother

Original Poster
Not gonna get into the debate but having been to DLR several times now in the past three years I have more of an appreciation then I previously did for Disney. Then again it really made me angry to see what DL has done in the last several years as well as what's on the horizon for them. I think if you go you will see why everyone has had it with TDO. I've been to the World WELL OVER 100 times and currently an AP holder. I've seen the World go through amazing expansions and unique attractions but over the last decade I've also seen them lose a step in there game while other resorts begin to catch up. And at this point it's not just DLR passing Disney's "flagship" resort in creativity and expansion. Every Resort is expanding and building new creative attractions and as an AP holder and resident of Orlando I can't be ok with this. Again I think if you visit any other Disney Resort you will find something Orlando has been lacking, new major attractions, creativity, and up keep in operational excellence.

Well I guess a west coast trip will be in the plans next year. Since I have never been how long would be a good solid stay be? 3 or 4 days? I would probably be visiting San Francisco again and hit up Los Angeles for a day!

HTF

Well I guess a west coast trip will be in the plans next year. Since I have never been how long would be a good solid stay be? 3 or 4 days? I would probably be visiting San Francisco again and hit up Los Angeles for a day!

My last two trips were done in October, one trip was just a single day which was really to scout out my attack and do some recon and the following one was 3 days. I HIGHLY recommend doing a minimum of 3 days for your first visit and I think anything longer than 4 is overkill personally. I also did the same thing and visited other places. Both trips I visited Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood and LA. But on the first trip I also visited Phoenix, Scottsdale and the Grand Canyon.

mickeysbrother

Original Poster
My last two trips were done in October, one trip was just a single day which was really to scout out my attack and do some recon and the following one was 3 days. I HIGHLY recommend doing a minimum of 3 days for your first visit and I think anything longer than 4 is overkill personally. I also did the same thing and visited other places. Both trips I visited Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood and LA. But on the first trip I also visited Phoenix, Scottsdale and the Grand Canyon.

Yup did the Grand Canyon on my last trip over there! Absolutely amazing! Did the drive up the coast or was it down the coast lol!!! But a great vacation none the less. So 3 days it is! 1 in each park and the last day a hopper it looks like is on the plan! Thanks for the info

ctxak98

I think the that the queue/facade really help the attraction. The queue (in my opinion) is the best in Orlando. For a while, I always agreed that Tower of Terror had the best queue, and the old Dueling Dragons queue was up there as well. But then Forbidden Journey opened. The facade is also awesome, obviously.
I agree its a great queue. For me TOT is still my favorite just because the story and theme was all created from an original concept, where as Universal just copied what was in the movies and made it pretty darn close to reality! I am not saying copying from a movie isn't hard or anything and isn't impressive, I just prefer originality! TOT is beautiful!

HTF

I personally thought IOA felt cheap, and something slightly above Six flags...Potter was a mess...and was not built to handle large crowds at all. Suess landing was cute for young kids I'm sure, but not much of a place for adults and kids to enjoy things together.

Jurrasic Park River Adventure, I will give them that over Kali for sure.

Potter's new ride...interesting concept...cramped seating...and the outdoor queue is nothing special despite what people make you think.

Spiderman was cool, I'll give Uni that.

Dudley Doo Right's falls...why is it still in the park? ...yikes.

At the end of the day...it poured for 95% of the day we were there...there were about 3-4 attractions open...and I swore I will never go back again.

I was already skeptical of Uni, and that day confirmed what I have always thought of them.

Although Margaritaville was A+ for this Jimmy fan...wish Disney had that.

I just thank god the general public isn't this close minded.

BigThunderMatt

At the end of the day...it poured for 95% of the day we were there...there were about 3-4 attractions open...and I swore I will never go back again.

Because Universal totally controls the weather and their desire to protect their guests' safety and avoid having them potentially get struck by lightning is insignificant next to your desire to experience the attractions.

Jeez, do you hold Disney this accountable for acts of God?

BryceM

Because Universal totally controls the weather and their desire to protect their guests' safety and avoid having them potentially get struck by lightning is insignificant next to your desire to experience the attractions.

Quoted for truth.

IOA has a lot of outdoor attractions. The only indoor attractions include Poseidon's Fury, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, The Cat in the Hat and Ollivander's (if that counts).

Of course, there are a few attractions that do still operate in inclement weather that are technically still outdoors. And there are a lot of fun and great places to wait storms out, such as the lovely Jurassic Park Discovery Center. I don't see how inclement weather and attractions being closed equates to the park being a ghetto Six Flags.

HTF

Some of them think Disney is god...

:rolleyes:

Sassagoula-Rvr

Quoted for truth.

IOA has a lot of outdoor attractions. The only indoor attractions include Poseidon's Fury, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, The Cat in the Hat and Ollivander's (if that counts).

Of course, there are a few attractions that do still operate in inclement weather that are technically still outdoors. And there are a lot of fun and great places to wait storms out, such as the lovely Jurassic Park Discovery Center. I don't see how inclement weather and attractions being closed equates to the park being a ghetto Six Flags.
No, I hold IOA and Universal responsible for not having indoor attractions so that $95 spent on a rainy day isn't a waste...at Disney you can go in a theater, or a dark ride, or Space Mt. Or POTC, or any of the others at the other parks...IOA had nothing....the employees informed us that there were 3 attractions running...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom