Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

WDW1974

The real negatives of NextGen are totally unrelated to these issues, and involve data mining and even possible guest...um...surveilance. (For lack of a better term.)
That is the big issue, and deserves a thread of it's own.

It does ... why don't you start one? ... I am a weary Spirit (been such a long year of hating on Disney) and have travels yet ahead.

It's has such huge implications for all sorts of things ... but why would anyone want to keep their private information from Disney ... Old Dead Uncle Walt's Company is as pure as Bambi the day he was born, right? What do YOU have to hide from a company, let alone one you 'love' so much.

Really. All those crazy people with 'tinfoil hats' talking about conspiracy theories and such. :eek::rolleyes::wave:

~It's a tough fight when people don't realize what the battle really is about~

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It does ... why don't you start one? ... I am a weary Spirit (been such a long year of hating on Disney) and have travels yet ahead.

It's has such huge implications for all sorts of things ... but why would anyone want to keep their private information from Disney ... Old Dead Uncle Walt's Company is as pure as Bambi the day he was born, right? What do YOU have to hide from a company, let alone one you 'love' so much.

Really. All those crazy people with 'tinfoil hats' talking about conspiracy theories and such. :eek::rolleyes::wave:

~It's a tough fight when people don't realize what the battle really is about~

When people put every second of their lives on Facebook and Twitter do you think they really care about Disney tracking their progress through the parks? For most people these days the privacy ship sailed long ago.

Lee

Adventurer
When people put every second of their lives on Facebook and Twitter do you think they really care about Disney tracking their progress through the parks?
They might care if it began to have an effect on how they were treated by the company...

WDW1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkadug
Neither of them are Disney hater's.

Why is it with some people there is no middle ground. You are either a pixie dust sniffer or a Disney hater?

The tone of that was meant to be joking, I should have used an emoticon I suppose.

That's OK ... and thanks to unkadug for pointing out what should be very obvious.:)

I admit, I've played into that because after a while (or years) of being told you're a Disney hater, it just becomes a bit of fun to proudly wear that banner -- however ignorant, however incorrect.

Lee and I are Disney lovers. Likely much more so than is healthy as our families and (saner) friends would tell you.

No one in their right mind (and I do get that some in the fan community are certainly not in those) would spend the time and money we do at Disney parks (and UNI and SW too) and then spend all of this time talking about them online if we didn't love them. That's absurd.

What we are, though, is critics. That means we see the good, the bad, the ugly and we're able to take our emotions out of things (except crazy Lee and his 'wittle AC!:wave:) and delve a little deeper into why things are (or aren't) done a certain way and how management decisions affect how MAGICal a visit (and how much value) you have at WDW.

Some fans don't have the capacity to seperate their emotions from reality. That's when we get the hate ... but that is OK ... some of us do live off of fanboi tears.

And with that, my time here in 2011 comes to an end.

Happy 2012 all and see ya real soon ... like next year!

~I need a vacation! Ideas?!~

Lee

Adventurer
Doesn't that already happen in places like Vegas? The more you spend the better you are treated?
Sort of. The big gamblers (whales) get special treatment.
I really don't want that sort of a thing to start happening in Disney parks, and believe me....that is where it is heading.

Lee and I are Disney lovers.
Allow me to rephrase that, sir.
It should read "Lee and I are lovers of Disney."

Kinda....ummm...flows better that way.:lookaroun

bullsforthewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkadug
Neither of them are Disney hater's.

Why is it with some people there is no middle ground. You are either a pixie dust sniffer or a Disney hater?

That's OK ... and thanks to unkadug for pointing out what should be very obvious.:)

I admit, I've played into that because after a while (or years) of being told you're a Disney hater, it just becomes a bit of fun to proudly wear that banner -- however ignorant, however incorrect.

Lee and I are Disney lovers. Likely much more so than is healthy as our families and (saner) friends would tell you.

No one in their right mind (and I do get that some in the fan community are certainly not in those) would spend the time and money we do at Disney parks (and UNI and SW too) and then spend all of this time talking about them online if we didn't love them. That's absurd.

What we are, though, is critics. That means we see the good, the bad, the ugly and we're able to take our emotions out of things (except crazy Lee and his 'wittle AC!:wave:) and delve a little deeper into why things are (or aren't) done a certain way and how management decisions affect how MAGICal a visit (and how much value) you have at WDW.

Some fans don't have the capacity to seperate their emotions from reality. That's when we get the hate ... but that is OK ... some of us do live off of fanboi tears.

And with that, my time here in 2011 comes to an end.

Happy 2012 all and see ya real soon ... like next year!

~I need a vacation! Ideas?!~

There is a difference between being critical and attacking families and saying what they want dont matter. All you do is attack people who like disney saying that you are supporting the walmarting effect and all you do is praise UNI and attack anyone who says negatives about it. You are the epitome of a hater

bullsforthewin

whatever you say :rolleyes:

where was that button again

You need to lighten up and understand that not everyone is going to agree with you...and understand that just because you love something does not mean others do. I understand that but i would like people to used well reasoned arguments on why they dont like something

Lee

Adventurer
I know his logic...he says that i have an opinion but his opinion is somehow fact...like that MIB is somehow better than TSM
Both are opinions, and therefore valid.
However, it does say something when one opinion is shared by the vast majority of theme park guests. (Mostly as related to MiB v. Buzz, which is the opinion we found most shocking.)
You need to lighten up and understand that not everyone is going to agree with you...and understand that just because you love something does not mean others do. I understand that but i would like people to used well reasoned arguments on why they dont like something
I'm afraid you have been just as guilty of such behavior.

And I'd be happy to provide a well reasoned argument on why I don't like Buzz.

disney fan 13

However, it does say something when one opinion is shared by the vast majority of theme park guests. (Mostly as related to MiB v. Buzz, which is the opinion we found most shocking.)

lee please don't quote

and since i read the comment anyway. i said MIB is better then buzz not TSM

bullsforthewin

It really depends on who you ask...kids will love buzz more, single adults would love MIB, families would love Buzz more likely, people who have been on both is probably split. I do not like a lot of aspects of MIB especially since the last three times i was on it my gun was messed up

Lee

Adventurer
It really depends on who you ask...kids will love buzz more, single adults would love MIB, families would love Buzz more likely, people who have been on both is probably split.

I would challenge all those assumptions.
I'd wager that at least 75% of those who have been on both would prefer MiB. Other than you, I have never heard of Buzz being the preferred ride of the two. Never.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom