Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

disney fan 13

I would challenge all those assumptions.
I'd wager that at least 75% of those who have been on both would prefer MiB. Other than you, I have never heard of Buzz being the preferred ride of the two. Never.

even my 7 year old little brother called it cheap, on the other hand he love MIB

bullsforthewin

I would challenge all those assumptions.
I'd wager that at least 75% of those who have been on both would prefer MiB. Other than you, I have never heard of Buzz being the preferred ride of the two. Never.

i would think the other...other than you three i have never heard of anyone actually liking MIB. When i was at the concierge desk i would talk to the guest and they almost all said with ease that Buzz is a lot better than MIB.

So...i would stick with my asumption since it takes into account people who i have not talked to but i know that 75% is nowhere near being close to correct.

Please tell me why kids would love a ride where they can barely see what to shoot and has no characters they like over a ride that fun for them where they get to control what way to face and get to interact with their favorite Toy Story character?

Lee

Adventurer
Bullsforthewin said:
Please tell me why kids would love a ride where they can barely see what to shoot and has no characters they like over a ride that fun for them where they get to control what way to face and get to interact with their favorite Toy Story character?
Because they get a well themed ride, based on a movie most of them have seen, moving through an actual purpose-built show building past real physical sets and animated figures.
Buzz was done on the cheap, shoe-horned into an existing space, utilizing the very same ride system and track that had been in use for decades, and populated with flat cut-out figures.

Even Imagineers will tell you MiB blows Buzz away, to the point of many at WDI wanting to pull Buzz out.

It would be fun to post a poll here and let the posters choose which they prefer. Perhaps I will....
yeah because MIB is not cheap lol
MiB is not cheap.
You could have built and installed several Buzz rides for the cost of the one MiB. Fact.

disney fan 13

The bar will be raised again.

and unlike disney it will not take 7 years to build :cool:

but yeah it seems another attraction is the train. so what will the train to make it fun ( besides get you between ) and will you be able to ride the train and not get off at ioa i wonder

AEfx

not even going to start...

ROFL when I saw those last few posts I decided the same. ;)

MIB is a full-on Dark Ride that would be cool even without the guns. While Buzz is okay (hey, it's a dark ride, and I love dark rides) MIB is simply much more expansive. I mean, the alternate endings are AMAZING if you are lucky enough to get one (they actually "present" you with your suit, and you don't get mind wiped).

As to TSM...as I've said before, I should charge admission to my living room, where I can set up two Wii's and two LCD's, put you in an office chair with rollers, and pretty much duplicate the experience with the Wii version of the game.

I get that a lot of people like it, but MIB isn't even in the same universe as that ride.

Lee

Adventurer

MIB is a full-on Dark Ride that would be cool even without the guns. While Buzz is okay (hey, it's a dark ride, and I love dark rides) MIB is simply much more expansive. I mean, the alternate endings are AMAZING if you are lucky enough to get one (they actually "present" you with your suit, and you don't get mind wiped).

As to TSM...as I've said before, I should charge admission to my living room, where I can set up two Wii's and two LCD's, put you in an office chair with rollers, and pretty much duplicate the experience with the Wii version of the game.

I get that a lot of people like it, but MIB isn't even in the same universe as that ride.
Brace yourself for attack...
:lol:

disney fan 13

sort of apples to oranges

AEfx

The bar will be raised again.

As much as I am not a fan of video screens, I agree. If the ride comes out as TPI described, then that sounds like one amazing attraction.

And even the minor Potter fan I am (I've seen the movies a couple of times, still haven't seen the last two but will get around to it), I think the idea of connecting the parks is BRILLIANT.

My guess is they just might eliminate the "two park" add-on fee at the same time. Probably just jack up the prices on the standard ticket to compensate (so really they would just take away the single park ticket as a cheaper option) but I don't see them checking every ticket at the attraction like they used to do at the HRC entrance way back when it was in the Guitar building.

disney fan 13

As much as I am not a fan of video screens, I agree. If the ride comes out as TPI described, then that sounds like one amazing attraction.

And even the minor Potter fan I am (I've seen the movies a couple of times, still haven't seen the last two but will get around to it), I think the idea of connecting the parks is BRILLIANT.

My guess is they just might eliminate the "two park" add-on fee at the same time. Probably just jack up the prices on the standard ticket to compensate (so really they would just take away the single park ticket as a cheaper option) but I don't see them checking every ticket at the attraction like they used to do at the HRC entrance way back when it was in the Guitar building.

i think light bulb said they would raise the single day ticket.

as for the ride...:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

disney fan 13

Wait...
You saying MiB's figures are cheaper than Buzz's? Really?

And you never had a malfunctioning vehicle or gun on Buzz?

And since when are children the deciding factor in determining a ride's quality or popularity?

I am growing weary...

lee i would just leave it... no point

AEfx

Wait...
You saying MiB's figures are cheaper than Buzz's? Really?

And you never had a malfunctioning vehicle or gun on Buzz?

And since when are children the deciding factor in determining a ride's quality or popularity?

I am growing weary...

I think he must be confusing WDW with that weird China rip-off Happyland park or whatever it's called. ;)

Wouldn't that explain a lot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom