Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

devoy1701

no... just energize the old one

that was sarcasm/inside joke. guess it wasn't funny.

in all reality, we would love to energize the old one. Daniel and I jumped in with both feet. But we were useless without locals posting pictures of issues. That was the meat on our bones. Otherwise we were just a ranting blog. If you have some ideas for us feel free to PM me.

Ignohippo

Original Poster
You lost me right here. DHS desperately needs family friendly rides. Thrill rides are relatively low on the list of things DHS needs.

DHS should be the "thrill" park IMO. They've got the best start with RNRC, TOT and ST. It could be great for families as well with a Pixar Place expansion. Still, I would hope the MI coaster would be more of an adult coaster (given what a great coaster it could be) and that they could create an amazing Spider-man-type 4d ride around Incredibles.

In a perfect world, DHS would be expanded with:
• SW, with thrill rides
• Pixar, with MI and Incredibles for teens and adults; Bug's Life and Cars for kids
• a comprehensive ToonTown with tons of things for kids

WDW desperately needs something for the 15-24 age group (especially now that there's Potter). Each park can appeal to everyone, but each one should have it's niche as well. IMO, IOA is one of the best thrill parks in the country. DHS is the best suited of all of the WDW parks to expand their "thrill" offerings and take on IOA head-to-head.

disney fan 13

DHS should be the "thrill" park IMO. They've got the best start with RNRC, TOT and ST. It could be great for families as well with a Pixar Place expansion. Still, I would hope the MI coaster would be more of an adult coaster (given what a great coaster it could be) and that they could create an amazing Spider-man-type 4d ride around Incredibles.

• SW, with thrill rides
• Pixar, with MI and Incredibles for teens and adults; Bug's Life and Cars for kids

WDW desperately needs something for the 11-24 age group (especially now that there's Potter). Each park can appeal to everyone, but each one should have it's niche as well. IMO, IOA is one of the best thrill parks in the country. DHS is the best suited of all of the WDW parks to expand their "thrill" offerings and take on IOA head-to-head.

Fixed

coolbeans14

• SW, with thrill rides

WDW desperately needs something for the 15-24 age group (especially now that there's Potter). Each park can appeal to everyone, but each one should have it's niche as well. IMO, IOA is one of the best thrill parks in the country. DHS is the best suited of all of the WDW parks to expand their "thrill" offerings and take on IOA head-to-head.

You've pretty much summed up my opinion:)

yeti

Yup pretty much sums it up doesnt it...

I wonder if Meg was assaulted with 1000's of letters similar to this one that there would be a change?

Likely she already has been. Whether they even reach her or she actually cares is anyone's guess.

For now...we've got Lutz. There's at least someone in the mouse who cares enough to possibly act upon his sentiments. So they say, anyway.

Ignohippo

Original Poster
Something to keep in mind...
Disney's priorities have shifted. They are no longer trying to build great theme parks with hotels to serve them. They are now in the business, at least in Orlando, of building hotels and timeshares with theme parks on the side.

Other than Avatar, which is about ego as much as anything, they have no desire to counter Potter, and won't until the loss of guests reaches a certain level.

The people in charge don't have the love of the parks that we have. They don't place importance on having the best rides, beyond whatever measurable effect it has on the bottom line.

Which is funny because without the parks, there's no reason to go to the hotels.

Sadly, the droves of people that have been running to the parks over the last few months go against everything we're saying. I'm sure TDO is seeing this and it's reinforcing their business plan that there's really no reason to expand.

And, you know what? They're right. For now. It's going to catch up with them. If Potter is cutting one day now, imagine what Phase 2 will do.

As for Eisner, I don't necessarily believe Eisner's motivation was a love for the parks. It was more for ego than anything. I wish we had more of that now. He'd be absolutely kicking Uni's butt by now. There's no way he'd stand by and let them take days away from the WDW parks without going to war with them.

c-one

Something to keep in mind...
Disney's priorities have shifted. They are no longer trying to build great theme parks with hotels to serve them. They are now in the business, at least in Orlando, of building hotels and timeshares with theme parks on the side.

Which might be more excusable if the non-park offerings were top notch. But they're sliding as much as the parks are. "Vacation Capital of the World," no more...

Captain Chaos

I think you really need to put things into perspective. What you say there isn't remotely the reality.

Disney are being current by working with the fastest growing media format there is right now. You cannot ignore what the world is using in enormous numbers.

There is very little at WDW involving smartphones or apps.

Little to do for now... Things usually start small then grow and grow and grow...

And yes, the world is using smartphones in enormous numbers but that doesn't mean I should have to have a smartphone in order to enjoy the parks...

I do not trust Disney management anymore... I used to be a defender, but not anymore... I'll grant that none of us know where they are going with the use of smartphones in their parks... As long as smartphone use is along the lines of Pal Mickey, something that doesn't take away from a your park experience if you choose not to use it, then fine.. But if that day comes where you have to have a smartphone in order to enjoy a ride or to enjoy the parks then... :fork:

Guess it is a wait and see approach on either side of this debate about smartphone usage...

Captain Chaos

well we have a website and facebook page...but the fan community doesn't care enough either it seems. Sometimes I think it's silly that we all spend so much time and energy worrying about a company like Disney, but hey, we all have to have our vices.

I will say that the tides seem to be shifting on places like wdwmagic where more and more regular members aren't afraid to say that WDW isn't what it used to be...but we're a far cry from makin any impact. I checked the Fbook page and we have 72 likes? And no locals were on board to help keep regular updates on our website. :dazzle:

Devoy, I ran into the same problem... I don't know if you remember, but I wanted to start the whole SAVE WDW campaign... I even bought the domain name... After I sat down and outlined my plan, I saw how difficult this was going to be... I really didn't have the time plus I have no clue on web page building... So, I contacted some friends who were willing to assist, including having friends in Orlando who I could have utilized as local help... They would have gone to the parks and taken those pictures of the decline and would have helped write daily blogs... But, we never managed to get it off the ground... Then i was approached by another site owner who wanted to take over the Save WDW site, host it along with his current site, and have his friends work on it... I agreed as long as I had say as to what the message of SAVE WDW was going to be and as long as I got to stay owner of the site... He agreed, and we began putting pieces together... Then one day he messages me and tells me he no longer wants to work on that kind of site because he didn't want to ruffle feathers at TDO since he is thinking of applying to work there...

I'm willing to do what I can to help get the message out... But sometimes, real life priorities get in the way... But, if you need anything, I'm on board.. Just tell me what you need and how I can help...

disney fan 13

I mean if everything stays the way it is then there will be no new offerings for my age group until 2017. i mean unless i go on with my cousin's i will most likely go on SD, or LM.... so ya know i don't even go to AK anymore since i substituted it in my vacation time for IOA, I combine HS/MK in one day so i
have a day for US. and i don't really have the goal of want to head back to Epcot for a while.... so yeah even in my next trip I plan to stay on Universal property instead of Disney as i always did. so unless the mouse does something soon i may cut it out entirely ( i hear seaworld is getting a expansion!) also when wondersea island opens i might cut out going to disney water parks in the summer. sooo yeah.....

again sorry for grammar but i am on my iphone

wondersea island is the name of universal's water park name

http://orlandoparksnews.blogspot.com/2011/05/rumor-wondersea-island-water-park.html

Captain Chaos

Which is funny because without the parks, there's no reason to go to the hotels.

Sadly, the droves of people that have been running to the parks over the last few months go against everything we're saying. I'm sure TDO is seeing this and it's reinforcing their business plan that there's really no reason to expand.

And, you know what? They're right. For now. It's going to catch up with them. If Potter is cutting one day now, imagine what Phase 2 will do.

As for Eisner, I don't necessarily believe Eisner's motivation was a love for the parks. It was more for ego than anything. I wish we had more of that now. He'd be absolutely kicking Uni's butt by now. There's no way he'd stand by and let them take days away from the WDW parks without going to war with them.

Everything you said here is right... TDO is resting on its laurels, and unfortunately, there is no sign of attendance decline... So, they will continue to take the cheap way out until attendance declines...

I am speaking of only myself, but, Universal got 3 days of my vacation this past October, Disney's parks had only 4 this time... And planning my next trip, depending when I go, I am either cutting Disney's parks out altogether, or doing a day or 2 at Star Wars weekends and that is it... Universal is getting more of my time, to the point where I am even thinking of staying there for the time I plan on visiting Uni/IOA...

RSoxNo1

I was at ioa yesterday and forbidden journey had a 180 minute wait at 9:15 am. The crowds are ridiculous and they need to be addressed. I know JK holds all the cards but something has got to give. Shops need to be expanded and the locker situation at forbidden journey needs to be fixed.

Having said all that, the three update screens on spiderman look good (though not as good as Star Tours) and due to the cOld weather The Hulk wasn't as disorienting.

disney fan 13

I was at ioa yesterday and forbidden journey had a 180 minute wait at 9:15 am. The crowds are ridiculous and they need to be addressed. I know JK holds all the cards but something has got to give. Shops need to be expanded and the locker situation at forbidden journey needs to be fixed.

Having said all that, the three update screens on spiderman look good (though not as good as Star Tours) and due to the cOld weather The Hulk wasn't as disorienting.

not trying to sound like a UNI fanboy but

1. thats what phase 2 is for
2. its the few days after new year
3.spiderman has not even started it's refurb yet
4. you win on the hulk issue

again just sayin...

Captain Chaos

I hear today's wait times for FJ and Spiderman neared 2 and half hours... Crowds are truly flowing to IOA to start the year...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom