Uni waiting for Marvel Buyout from Disney?

PrincessNelly_NJ

Original Poster
Didn't Comcast just purchase Time Warner? Because the DC/Six flags contract says...

"Warner Bros. and Hanna-Barbera have the right to terminate their license agreements under certain circumstances, including if any persons involved in the movie or television industries obtain control of us or, in the case of Warner Bros., upon a default under the Subordinated Indemnity Agreement."

Does that count?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Didn't Comcast just purchase Time Warner? Because the DC/Six flags contract says...

"Warner Bros. and Hanna-Barbera have the right to terminate their license agreements under certain circumstances, including if any persons involved in the movie or television industries obtain control of us or, in the case of Warner Bros., upon a default under the Subordinated Indemnity Agreement."

Does that count?
1) Comcast is purchasing Time Warner Cable (unless it gets politically shot down), not all of TIme Warner.
2) That part of the agreement refers to if Six Flags was acquired, not Warner.

StageFrenzy

StageFrenzy

That would be neat.

Immortal was ok. That was the last Cirque I've seen.
Cirque in my opinion seems to work best when surreal, abstract and an ideal rather than the corporeal. The shows that I have seen that try to shoehorn a narrative in the shows don’t work as well as those that stay abstract. The Michael Jackson and Elvis performances appear to be mostly dance routines in front of various cool stage sets to the hits. I never saw Viva Elvis even though they were begging people to go when I was in Vegas. Contrast those two shows with the weirdness of La Nouba or Quidam. It’s been a while since I took a look at Cirques website but of their current shows I haven’t seen, Kurios makes me the most curious and excited.

Tonka's Skipper

The idea of Uni giving up Marvel may not be all that impossible.

The Feds are looking seriously at Compact and its control over the cable TV business, to the extent of treating it like they did ATT 20 years ago and break it up into smaller units.

While this would not directly effect the UNI parks, it may very much effect the cash/money flow available the grow an expend it, if the mother company is broken up. They may need to generate cash and Marvel maybe the way to go.

This also brings up the possibility of UNI being sold off.

I am not at all saying it will happen, however it is something to think about.

Time will tell.

AKK

midwest_mice

As much as I would love to see Marvel in a Disney Park in Orlando, I really believe it should be put in a seperate park. Studios maybe, but definately not MK or Epcot.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As much as I would love to see Marvel in a Disney Park in Orlando, I really believe it should be put in a seperate park. Studios maybe, but definately not MK or Epcot.
Well, they've mucked up Futureworld at EPCOT so much with respect to the original theme...why not just plop it there?

The whole thing could be based around a mock "Stark World's Fair" and they'd find lots of interesting ways to go both retro with it, integrate the characters, keep the "infotainment" aspects, while bringing a fresh unifying theme back to the area.

Matt_Black

The Feds are looking seriously at Compact and its control over the cable TV business, to the extent of treating it like they did ATT 20 years ago and break it up into smaller units.

While this would not directly effect the UNI parks, it may very much effect the cash/money flow available the grow an expend it, if the mother company is broken up. They may need to generate cash and Marvel maybe the way to go.

Time will tell.

AKK

Even if it their cash flow isn't affected (do you know how many former cable execs are now on the FCC?), that area is prime real estate, and they are limited in what they can do with Marvel. Now, considering the success of Harry Potter and the fact that JK is working on a spin-off, Uni very well might have some incentive to reach a settlement with Disney. Even I'll admit- I don't give a crap about Uni or Potter, but the idea of running around 1930s New York hunting fairy tale monsters makes me giddy as a school girl.

Tonka's Skipper

Even if it their cash flow isn't affected (do you know how many former cable execs are now on the FCC?), that area is prime real estate, and they are limited in what they can do with Marvel. Now, considering the success of Harry Potter and the fact that JK is working on a spin-off, Uni very well might have some incentive to reach a settlement with Disney. Even I'll admit- I don't give a crap about Uni or Potter, but the idea of running around 1930s New York hunting fairy tale monsters makes me giddy as a school girl.

Matt, I bow to your point on the 1930's!

My point on the break up, back with ATT, they said the Feds would never do that either, but hey did!

AKK

lazyboy97o

Time will tell.

AKK
Universal and the Universal Orlando Resort have already changed ownership since 1994 and the deal remains unaffected.

Universal City Development Partners were not known for their grand spending, but there exact opposite.

If Universal is in the position where they need to dump licenses to control costs they're going to dump the more expensive owns first, not cheap and stable Marvel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom