Unappreciated Disney Characters

Magenta Panther

Well, Oswald, of course, although he did get a big boost in the Epic Mickey games.

Second choice would be Horace Horsecollar. A lot of people don't realize what an important character he was during Disney's beginnings. In the classic Mickey Mouse comic strips and books, HE was Mickey's sidekick, not Goofy. He and Clarabelle Cow were the older, more mature couple in comparison to Mickey and Minnie, and they all palled around together and went on adventures. They were a good fit, and warm and funny as well. Since Horace was more adult and practical, Mickey got to be more boyish and mischievous, parts of his personality that nearly everyone says are missing today. Later, when Goofy replaced Horace, then suddenly Mickey had to be the responsible one, and couldn't afford to be mischievous and playful, and so his character got diluted into blandness. I really wish Disney would bring back Horace and Clarabelle - and draw them in their classic style:

4756923960_8d4ae05551_z.jpg

And let Mickey be playful and funny again.

pumpkin7

I think Robin Hood is underrated big time. It's probably one of my favourites.
I just don't get Sword in the Stone. Perhaps it's because I only just saw it recently and it wasn't one of my childhood films, but I just thought it was quite boring.
I also agree about the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Big underrated film. It has a brilliant score, and memorable characters... and a cameo from Belle (and Aladdins carpet if you want to get really into it). I know both Frollo and Esmerelda used to be regular characters.

pumpkin7

I meant this Little John! Hahahaa

tumblr_m6fzpfYM7a1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

The only issue I have with that movie is their over use of really obvious copy/paste animation. Prime example right there! Oh and that Little John has the same voice as Baloo and Thomas O'Malley and probably some other main characters too, but he's still awesome.

But anyway, PRINCE JOHN, THE PHONY KING OF ENNNGLAAAND.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The only issue I have with that movie is their over use of really obvious copy/paste animation. Prime example right there! Oh and that Little John has the same voice as Baloo and Thomas O'Malley and probably some other main characters too, but he's still awesome.

But anyway, PRINCE JOHN, THE PHONY KING OF ENNNGLAAAND.

Hah! I was just posting something very similar!

litaljohn

how about an obscure character not nessesarily animated. I'd love to see a "cat from outer space" Easter egg hidden in any sort of space theme or ride. plus truthfully at this point it's an easy meet and greet with a friendly orange cat, wearing a collar with a speaker built into the special collar jake wore.
aw heck use the original film and create a live or animated series on some Disney channel even

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom