Umm.. What's up with Epcot today? (05/25/14)

tirian

Nope, the lesson is to enjoy yourself but report the problems.

Those of us who have worked for the Mouse in higher (not line-level) positions know that WDW doesn't do anything until fans complain.

I wish that weren't the case. If you met me in real life, you'd be amazed at what an optimist I actually am!

So the process is:
1. Go to the internet and read how bad the thing is.
2. Agree that the the parks are going to hell on a skateboard.
3. Pay thousands of dollars to go to the park, use all vacation time making a list of everything that is wrong.
4. Go back home and complaint that Disney forced you to pay all those thousands of dollars so see a bad show, eve though you supposedly knew it was bad to begin with.

Got it!

Marc Gil

Original Poster
So the process is:
3. Pay thousands of dollars to go to the park, use all vacation time making a list of everything that is wrong.
4. Go back home and complaint that Disney forced you to pay all those thousands of dollars so see a bad show, eve though you supposedly knew it was bad to begin with.

Got it!
That's not how it is at all... If you are insinuating that this is what I do every time I visit WDW, you're clearly mistaken.

I strive to keep WDWMagic more positive. I hate seeing all these negative threads pop up.

I've always tried to look past the negativity and to try and be more optimistic about the future of WDW.

But this little (not really little at all) mishap at Epcot yesterday completely set me off the edge, so I found it appropriate to share my experience with my family here at WDWMagic. That is the sole purpose of this sub-forum- to inform members about the current events at the parks.

Other than that, I had a fabulous evening at Epcot with my family and friends.

Don't tell me how I spent my weekend, because you clearly don't know who I am.

Last edited:

Kman101

I also found Pirates to be what looked like in good shape. It wasn't too bright, and not too dark, and the drop was really dark. I even noticed the mermaid portion.

Not everything is bad but for those who just refuse to see the bad, there IS bad. Pointing out some bad things doesn't mean so and so didn't still have a great trip.

It's OK to be critical of something you care deeply about. Turning a blind eye gives them the excuse to keep things in poor condition. THAT'S contributing to the problem. Pointing them out isn't.

I'm a little tired of posters getting personally offended when valid issues are complained about. It's like you're being personally attacked. You're not. No one is deliberately going around specifically looking for issues to complain about. Do any of you seriously believe that these posters are seriously going over everything with a fine tooth comb looking for something to come back here and complain about? You don't think they want to see everything in beautiful and working order so they can actually praise the company and the parks? Seriously. It's hilarious.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
So the process is:

Got it!
Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Cesar R M

I think this thread really hit home for me on a few levels. I keep seeing all the posts and pictures about the redevelopment of Downtown Disney, and the renovation for the hub at MK, or the development of whatever Avatarland morphs into, or the Fantasyland expansion, etc...And that's exciting to see. I really am excited to see the changes that are coming. BUT...I do think that the day to day upkeep and maintenance of so much else in the parks has fallen by the wayside. I personally feel that the powers that be seem to have lost sight of what it means for many people to come to WDW...years of planning and/or saving. For many this is a once in a lifetime trip. To put forth such run down conditions, or dated attractions, or glaring service/maintenance issues is truly a disappointment.

I was able to make it back to WDW twice last year for the first time in 4 years, and I found myself wondering what would Walt, or Roy, or any of the original Imagineers think about some of the challenges facing the parks today? Would they consider this acceptable? Would they have even let these issues happen? I understand the need to be profitable, but I really think that putting off and cutting out needed updates and maintenance will only end up costing more in the longer term. I hope that the people that can influence this see the light and begin moving the parks back to the state they deserve. I fear that we are in for a significant wait...

they probably would have been kicked by the top tier executives.. because the old imagineers, Roy or Walt would NEVER fit in the "bottom line first.. quality second" of today's companies.

Mike S

agim508.jpg
oh+so+now+im+being+obtuse+_075d9682ea6b857b97828b4181043ffb.png

EHR21

That's not how it is at all... If you are insinuating that this is what I do every time I visit WDW, you're clearly mistaken.

I strive to keep WDWMagic more positive. I hate seeing all these negative threads pop up.

I've always tried to look past the negativity and to try and be more optimistic about the future of WDW.

But this little (not really little at all) mishap at Epcot yesterday completely set me off the edge, so I found it appropriate to share my experience with my family here at WDWMagic. That is the sole purpose of this sub-forum- to inform members about the current events at the parks.

Other than that, I had a fabulous evening at Epcot with my family and friends.

Don't tell me how I spent my weekend, because you clearly don't know who I am.

I'm sorry, I missed the part where I mentioned your name. The post is not directed at anyone in particular. After reading it, if someone feels it applies to them maybe some introspection might be in order, maybe not...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom