Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

Stitchon

Potentially a trademark issue with the Miss Fortune name? That's the only justifiable reason for switching the name that I can think of.

Miss Fortune is an busty video game character. That is probably why Disney changed the name.
latest

Bingo. My first thought was "Riot Games might have something to say about that name" and surprise, name change.

Marlins1

Cannot help but think that some idiot in the executive wing said: "Hey! Universial is opening up a brand new water park just a few miles away. Let's come up with a half-assed idea to keep people from going there". Don't think it is going to work.
Whatever the reason for building it - this looks like a really nice addition to Typhoon Lagoon. It is about time and hopefully Blizzard Beach gets one next year. As far as it not working I will be glad to place a bet that Typhoon Lagoon is very crowded this summer.

No Name

"Miss Adventure Falls" totally misses the point of the name "Miss Fortune Falls" and just sounds odd. Misadventure is a word, but certainly not a common one. I'm not sure that your average visitor will get the pun anymore.

Plus, as others have said, it uses the word Adventure. Is this the Islands of California Adventureland waterpark?

The change may have been due to trademark issues or something of the sort, but I still feel that the choice of "Miss Adventure Falls" is a poor replacement. It's just a name though, I'm still excited for the slide.

Roakor

We are getting something new at the expense of losing something great. Disney needs to expand capacity not just replace things with something else. This is my only issue with all the new things going in.

Jon81uk

It would be very unusual for guests to ride the lift portion... as that would mean it would have to have the safety features and egress access. Normally the lift is just for the rafts and you enter the raft at the top of the ride.

Although if you look at the concept art, you definitely board the boats at the bottom. If they went to the top empty the lift hill could also be a lot more steep, similar to at Volcano Bay.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Although if you look at the concept art, you definitely board the boats at the bottom. If they went to the top empty the lift hill could also be a lot more steep, similar to at Volcano Bay.

Yeah the text infers it... it's just really unusual. Doesn't help with the recent deaths on the rapids rides on the conveyors...

Kman101

I just love that Disney has finally decided to add something new to one of its water park and everyone is on here complaining about their motives. Can't you just be happy that we're getting something new?

I don't think the complaining is that bad, actually, in this case. JMO.

Me, personally, I pointed out that the ride length is a tad misleading. I'm glad they're building a new attraction at one of their water parks. I thought they'd be ignored for years to come.

csmat99

It would be very unusual for guests to ride the lift portion... as that would mean it would have to have the safety features and egress access. Normally the lift is just for the rafts and you enter the raft at the top of the ride.
And I don't know about you but my idea of fun is not to be arched at an angle for that length of time. Either way the lift is not part of the ride and won't be enjoyable to most. The whole point of being at a water park is being in the water not on a wide rubber track baking in the sun. Why I think they are not including something in the released artwork for the lift. Like the fact the lift is actually a water coaster type where the water is propelling you up the hill.

TheMouseFan

This new artwork and article state that it will be a 4 person raft. This is so disappointing to me. Didn't they originally announce a 6 person raft like the family ride at Blizzard Beach? We are a family of 5 and it would be nice to not always have to break into two groups, and the group of 2 to potentially be placed with strangers!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom