Two levels to Dinosaur???

teebin

Original Poster
I just found this track layout for the Indy ride at disneyland. So... Dinosaur travels on two seperate levels? It appears from this picture that you start out going uphill to level two before descending to back to level one. Or is it the other way around?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9858951@N03/3891640504

Is this correct? If so, I had no idea even though I have ridden Dino too many times to count.

EPCOTPluto

There is a point in Dinosaur where the Pterodactyl tries to attack above you & you duck under it. It feels as if you go a level down.

And when you return to the present, I believe you also seem to move a level up after escaping the Carnosaurus.

Maybe it's just the EMV tilting downward, but... :shrug:

Jerm

When you leave the station you go up to the time portal and throughout the ride you are changing levels a little here and there. Remember when you load the rover you have already gone down 2 flights of stairs. It is amazing to see how much magic can block what you see in normal day life!

trr1

trk_ak_dino.jpg

here is a link to layout for certain rides
http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/layouts.htm#WDW

dznygirl64

Dino is a terrible ride was the best the time we rode it with the lights on and saw the pop machine behind the dino,still to this day we can point out the pop machine

mcjaco

I'm not comparing it.

The ride mechanism is fantastic. With great theming and a great story, it's a win/win. Dinosaur has neither. It's nothing but black room sets, with cheap AA's and bad thematics.

Figment632

Too bad both levels are full of a terrible ride. :lol: :lookaroun

I'm not comparing it.

The ride mechanism is fantastic. With great theming and a great story, it's a win/win. Dinosaur has neither. It's nothing but black room sets, with cheap AA's and bad thematics.

I have ridden both, while Indy is vastly superior, Dinosaur is far from terrible. The main thing that Indy kills Dino in every way is the queue.

Dave Disney

Too bad both levels are full of a terrible ride. :lol: :lookaroun

I think Dinosaur is a great ride, and most of the people I've talked to about seem to agree. Great theming good story and fun animatronics. I never really understand what people have to complain about it's an all around good attraction

Atomicmickey

That diagram doesn't make any sense to me, for some reason. Am I the only one?

Here's my take on Dinosaur, I just rode it last week. I have ridden it about a dozen times. It's too darn dark. Even tho it's too darn dark, there are several places where I can obviously see that I'm riding by a wall on one side, not a primeval world. It just seems half finished to me.

I know that a bunch of effects used to work that don't now, but I still don't see how they would get rid of the walls. Even if I could go back and ride the original CTX, I still think it's "Indy on the cheap".

And, man, do I love dinosaurs, and wish it were better. Indy for some reason feels more expansive and finished in general (of course with the incredible queue as well).

I get a better "primeval world" feel in UoE, definitely. That's the best dino ride experience to me, sadly.

SirGoofy

I'm not comparing it.

I can't agree with you here about the AAs. Dino's are awesome, but there's just too much empty space in the ride.

Atomicmickey

Wow, Dinosaur and Indy are really the exact same layout and ride, huh?

Indy has soooo much more impact and fun factor for me.

Amazing. Isn't that center temple area with the rope bridge a lot more open, and large?
Seems to me you can see other trucks moving around in there.

Again, it must be the lighting, and scale of the rooms or something, because Dinosaur feels like a long curving hallway.

I'm just shakin' my head here, trying to figure it out.

DisneyMusician2

They are anything but cheap. It`s the attractions upkeep that lets it down.

And yes, you constantly drop and go up a level.

I seem to remember all of those AA's being state-of-the-art when they went in, and the ride vehicle certainly is a step forward.

I always really enjoyed this attraction, and I've ridden Indy several times.

It's not the same as Indy, but to say the theming is bad is simply not accurate, in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom