Two levels to Dinosaur???

frank2271

Isn't it true that AK had HUGE budget cuts during planning/construction? If so than one can probably safely say that CTX was probably planned to be more detailed and had to cut back during construstion. It's been a while since I've been on it but as far as I can remember there is a lot of blackness, which, to me, seems like there is something missing in those areas. I do like the look of the one AA of the dino eatting the other dino, that has great shock value.

I also agree with one of the previous post that said that the theming would look better with a UOE feel, the rock work, cave feel with waterfalls and such.

It's almost like Disney didn't have the money to theme the surroundings like UOE so they just turned off the lights.

Phonedave

I don't get what lacks detail on Dinosaur?! Give examples, debate 101.... I find Dinosaur very detailed to the point of not catching everything on one single ride through.

And do you expect to see real plants in white room? You do know this is a ride and we really aren't in the dino-times :lol::lookaroun... right? I don't remember any blacklights. Where in fact are these blacklights?

If you knitpick this ride this much you must hate a lot of Disney rides. And that is my opinion and I'm sticking to it :)

Look at somthing that BTMRR. Look at the level of detail on that attraction. Even though you are moving quickly there is a lot to see. The attraction seems natural, almost as if you are on a track that was build on a monutain, not a mountain that was built up around a track. You see BTMRR in full daylight and it looks great.

Look at POTC or HM, two rides that are dark, but have amazing detail. There is very little there that is "filler" - every detail of the attraction is meant to entertain.

All Dinosaur is, is a lot of fake plants that serve as masking, and some dino AA's that move around - then they mask it with a LOT of darkness and loud noise.

Think of it this way. If you took HM, and removed all the things like the ballroom scene, the doorways, the attic, the seance, and instead replaced it with lots of cobwebs and had a few ghost AA's that popped out and yelled "boo" while the Ghost Host screamed in your ear, you would have Dinosaur.

-dave

Figment632

Why is Dinosaur getting hate? It's the same ride as Indy, and there's no way to justify Indiana Jones in DAK. IMO Dinosaur is one of the best WDW rides. It never fails to scare the crap out of me.

You couldn't be more wrong. They have the same layout but they are very different.

mcjaco

I don't get what lacks detail on Dinosaur?! Give examples, debate 101.... I find Dinosaur very detailed to the point of not catching everything on one single ride through.

And do you expect to see real plants in white room? You do know this is a ride and we really aren't in the dino-times :lol::lookaroun... right? I don't remember any blacklights. Where in fact are these blacklights?

If you knitpick this ride this much you must hate a lot of Disney rides. And that is my opinion and I'm sticking to it :)

See Dave's response below. It's exactly how I feel about Dino.

I nitpick (since I'm not a knitter), because it's just not good, or entertaining. To ME. It's dark, with just a bunch of loud noises, and things jumping out at you. It's cheap scare tactics, not entertaining in the least.

Look at somthing that BTMRR. Look at the level of detail on that attraction. Even though you are moving quickly there is a lot to see. The attraction seems natural, almost as if you are on a track that was build on a monutain, not a mountain that was built up around a track. You see BTMRR in full daylight and it looks great.

Look at POTC or HM, two rides that are dark, but have amazing detail. There is very little there that is "filler" - every detail of the attraction is meant to entertain.

All Dinosaur is, is a lot of fake plants that serve as masking, and some dino AA's that move around - then they mask it with a LOT of darkness and loud noise.

Think of it this way. If you took HM, and removed all the things like the ballroom scene, the doorways, the attic, the seance, and instead replaced it with lots of cobwebs and had a few ghost AA's that popped out and yelled "boo" while the Ghost Host screamed in your ear, you would have Dinosaur.

-dave

QFT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom