Two coasts: One very different world

Lee

Adventurer
They're here for open discussion. Discussion is where many put their input and personal opinion into a topic. Open discussion wasn't intended to be controlled by one uniform-mass who all believe in same concepts and ideas as others do. Just because you may believe something doesn't mean others do or have to.
Entirely true.
Differences of opinion are what makes discussion interesting.
Trolling, and being rude to those whose opinions you don't share...that's useless.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You can ignore me, like you ignore reality, to your heart's content. I only ask that you realize how little you matter. How basically no one on this planet agrees with or cares about what you care about. Don't get caught up in the fact that the same seven people high five you every time you post on forums.WDWMAGIC.com. That HMF is so quick to press the LIKE button on your hilarious counter point!

Get over it. Or don't get over it. It really doesn't matter!
Lol

HMF

You can ignore me, like you ignore reality, to your heart's content. I only ask that you realize how little you matter. How basically no one on this planet agrees with or cares about what you care about. Don't get caught up in the fact that the same seven people high five you every time you post on forums.WDWMAGIC.com. That HMF is so quick to press the LIKE button on your hilarious counter point!

Get over it. Or don't get over it. It really doesn't matter!
So in other words , don't even try to promote positive change things because you won't make a difference. I am sure that line was used numerous times back in 2001 to those who criticized DCA. I am sorry but I am not content simply accepting things that I know are not right or could be better. Disneyland fans are celebrating a hard-fought victory right now because they did not simply accept what Disney gave them in 2001 and were instrumental in what we currently see there, now. but of course they don't matter.

Gracy_hm

What I find intresting also is the fact this creates a feeling of internal compitition between the two coasts. Can a company offer what is considered a superior product on one coast there for devalueing their offerings in other regions? Just seems an intresting dynamic RSR and BVS has created.

invader

Not true at all.
Trolling is the delivery of a point in an intentionally aggressive or obnoxious manner with the intent of causing a negative reaction.
I agree, he's said derogatory things. But let's be real. I love this forum, that we can talk about Disney, all the things we love and hate about it, what we hope for it, and what we miss from it. But what's going to result from people from the Disney fan community not going to WDW? Whats going to result from ceiling tiles missing in ISAW? Not much... at least in my mind.

Sans Souci

Right, because calling people social media whores to their faces (via the Internet) and questioning longstanding members' honesty (omg! he went to a media event!) isn't rude.

I'm pretty sure you speak douchebag (one word), but in case you don't, please read over my post history and form your own opinions of what you think my point is!

Oh Lee, am I being aggressive? Do you feel pressured? Is it really such a surprise no one cares what you think? Outside of whatever bizarre bubble this is?

Honestly, I think you're a retread. I think you are an ASU-educated, Chicago-dwelling concierge. You know what, you'll deny it. But the fact you've gone after the same posters here says it all. Use numbers in your username the next time, K? Change it up a bit, yeah?

Slow night at the Sheraton, eh?

Lee

Adventurer
Honestly, I think you're a retread. I think you are an ASU-educated, Chicago-dwelling concierge. You know what, you'll deny it. But the fact you've gone after the same posters here says it all. Use numbers in your username the next time, K? Change it up a bit, yeah?

Slow night at the Sheraton, eh?
Exactly what I was thinking. Back from the land of the banned...

flynnibus

Premium Member
What I find intresting also is the fact this creates a feeling of internal compitition between the two coasts. Can a company offer what is considered a superior product on one coast there for devalueing their offerings in other regions? Just seems an intresting dynamic RSR and BVS has created.

The reality is the 'accessibility' gap is still very much in Disney's favor. Disney doesn't market DLR to the east coast (or even the midwest really). Most people wouldn't consider going to DLR vs WDW because WDW is '4 parks and so much more!'. As such, improving DLR really doesn't risk pulling away from WDW because of the built in perceptions of the mass mob. Plus, Orlando used to be so cheap to travel to, while Cali was more. But as that price gap lessens.. and Disney relies more and more on PAST perceptions... while word of mouth may be influencing people there is more to DLR than just a 'smaller version of the MK'.. then Disney could start hurting WDW. But that is probably years away still even at the current pace of differences between the parks.

DLR isn't all roses either... but they are at the end of a 5 year voyage combined with lots of babysteps.. which is putting the early 2000s out of everyone's memory awful quick.

WDW1974

Original Poster
It's very obvious what's happening here. I wish one of our beloved mods would step in ... when someone admits in a post that they're trolling, I am more than happy to take their word for it. I didn't think that was allowed here.

They are adding nothing to the discussion. And folks are responding ... and that just brings out the general haters of anyone critical of Disney.

Gracy_hm

The reality is the 'accessibility' gap is still very much in Disney's favor. Disney doesn't market DLR to the east coast (or even the midwest really). Most people wouldn't consider going to DLR vs WDW because WDW is '4 parks and so much more!'. As such, improving DLR really doesn't risk pulling away from WDW because of the built in perceptions of the mass mob. Plus, Orlando used to be so cheap to travel to, while Cali was more. But as that price gap lessens.. and Disney relies more and more on PAST perceptions... while word of mouth may be influencing people there is more to DLR than just a 'smaller version of the MK'.. then Disney could start hurting WDW. But that is probably years away still even at the current pace of differences between the parks.

DLR isn't all roses either... but they are at the end of a 5 year voyage combined with lots of babysteps.. which is putting the early 2000s out of everyone's memory awful quick.

Thanks for the reply sounds just right.

ellie-badge

And what point would that be, since I don't speak bag?

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

wannab@dis

Not true at all.
Trolling is the delivery of a point in an intentionally aggressive or obnoxious manner with the intent of causing a negative reaction.
Maybe that is a good definition... but, his posts have simply been the opposite end of the spectrum of '74. He says the group that always complains doesn't matter and '74 doesn't think walmart shoppers, pixie dust sniffers or whatever other derogatory name he comes up doesn't matter. Both have similar posting styles (not necessarily substance) with opposite messages. Personally, somewhere in the middle would be better. If '74 would tone down the hyperbole some and get the D&G group to focus on major issues instead of the shotgun approach currently used, maybe some improvements could be seen! Constructive criticism goes a lot further with most people than the overly critical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom