Two coasts: One very different world

No one is looking up during the descent at Spaceship Earth. They are looking at the monitors in front of their faces. No one is looking at the ceiling tiles on it's a small world. They are looking at the dolls singing around them. I am not sure why things break or what it would cost to fix them. I know that I have never ridden it's a small world and heard anyone talking about tiles. The same is true about the descent on Spaceship Earth. I've never heard anyone get out of their log on Splash Mountain and list all of the effects that were working in 1987, but weren't working this time. Your complaints are perfectly valid, sure. But thinking you can affect/effect change via this website is humorous at best. Or another website which would have much sparser attendance. WDC will do what they want and they don't care what you think. You have been replaced with a Portuguese speaking tourist who has no idea if the planets on Astro Orbiter are supposed to fly down and punch them in the face. And you wil will continue to be replaced much faster than you can defect to DISNEYland or a DISNEY cruise.

How many of you are there anyway? How many different posters are in this 18 page thread? 50? That's your army?

koryadams

OMG people!!! It's not always about YOU! It's about the children! Look at it as the best thing your kid will want to see! Yeah it's a splash area. But I am not mad or upset. It is very well themed! so get over yourselves, there is plenty more to come! AND Disneyland can't expand anymore! No more land! WDW has way more! Just chill! Thanks :)

Tom

Beta Return
OMG people!!! It's not always about YOU! It's about the children! Look at it as the best thing your kid will want to see! Yeah it's a splash area. But I am not mad or upset. It is very well themed! so get over yourselves, there is plenty more to come! AND Disneyland can't expand anymore! No more land! WDW has way more! Just chill! Thanks :)

o_O

I am not sure what makes Walt Disney World "mediocre" now because you have a list of maybe 20 attraction effects that need to be "fixed." Or whatever gripes you have otherwise? I asked for a list of what you wanted, but you declined. Instead, I'm supposed to read 15,000 posts over the span of several years and surmise what you want. I am not going to do that.

There is no pleasing you people. They are spending 500 million on Avatar. But you don't want Avatar. It wasn't the "right thing" (in your opinion). They are dropping whatever it costs on building New Fantasyland. But that isn't what you want either. You have decided that you deserve something else. They are spending however many billions on the "NextGen" project but you have decided that you don't want that either. Even though you don't know what "it" is, yet. Oh but you do know, right? Because you are privy? A big Downtown Disney redo is upcoming. But you want your Adventurer's Club back because everyone knew your name there (even though they wish they didn't).

By all means, whine to each other. Pat each other on the back. After all, if you are not satisfied, you are superior! Can you imagine all of these people that are satisfied with their vacation? I am so much better than them because I am not satisfied!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
No one is looking up during the descent at Spaceship Earth. They are looking at the monitors in front of their faces. No one is looking at the ceiling tiles on it's a small world. They are looking at the dolls singing around them. I am not sure why things break or what it would cost to fix them. I know that I have never ridden it's a small world and heard anyone talking about tiles. The same is true about the descent on Spaceship Earth. I've never heard anyone get out of their log on Splash Mountain and list all of the effects that were working in 1987, but weren't working this time. Your complaints are perfectly valid, sure. But thinking you can affect/effect change via this website is humorous at best. Or another website which would have much sparser attendance. WDC will do what they want and they don't care what you think. You have been replaced with a Portuguese speaking tourist who has no idea if the planets on Astro Orbiter are supposed to fly down and punch them in the face. And you wil will continue to be replaced much faster than you can defect to DISNEYland or a DISNEY cruise.

How many of you are there anyway? How many different posters are in this 18 page thread? 50? That's your army?

Why are you even a member of these forums? Seems to me you are just here to stir up trouble.

And, since you find it so distasteful for people to complain about WDW, maybe you should just go ahead and join the other DISney board out there on the interwebs.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

The best things whose kids will want to see? And you think a splash/pee arena is the best thing for kids at the Magic Kingdom?

HMF

Think as a child.....water area! Casey Junior! YAY!
Once again.
"It came about when my daughters were very young and Saturday was always daddy's day with the two daughters. So we'd start out and try to go someplace, you know, different things, and I'd take them to the merry-go-round and I took them different places and as I'd sit while they rode the merry-go-round and did all these things - sit on a bench, you know, eating peanuts - I felt that there should be something built where the parents and the children could have fun together. So that's how Disneyland started. Well, it took many years ... it was a period of maybe 15 years developing. I started with many ideas, threw them away, started all over again. And eventually it evolved into what you see today at Disneyland. But it all started from a daddy with two daughters wondering where he could take them where he could have a little fun with them, too."-You Know Who.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
To cause trouble. What's it to you? Kids can urinate anywhere. I'm not sure why they would be more likely to do it in a water play area? Do the waterfall sounds make it easier? Can they not help it? It's like five feet from pretty expansive bathrooms. Hopefully they can make it. Kali River Rapids is pretty wet too. I'm not sure how much urination goes on there.

The groupthink here is palpable. I'm not even sure you realize how much of a minority you are. That people don't even care about your talking points if they were stuck in a room with you for an hour and you could blabber on about the bumblebees and the tiles. But that makes them idiots right? Because you're superior. After all, you're not satisfied as easily! You have standards! Higher standards!

You are quite the aggravating fellow.

And I have news for you, the same way Disney cares not about the opinions of its most loyal customers, we care not about your opinions of our opinions, "bro".

invader

Simply asking why you are here.
They're here for open discussion. Discussion is where many put their input and personal opinion into a topic. Open discussion wasn't intended to be controlled by one uniform-mass who all believe in same concepts and ideas as others do. Just because you may believe something doesn't mean others do or have to.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The trend seems to be.. if you started going to WDW post 1995 - your complaint is 'WDW is stale and hasn't added enough new stuff'

And if you were the type that vacationed at WDW prior to the 90s.. you are the type that isn't so concerned with lack of new attractions, but rather the state of what they have and the quality of the product itself.

IMO - they've added plenty in the reasonable horizon.. no its not at the MK, but one mustn't look at WDW parks as islands.. operating on their own. The problem is what they do have, they let slide and it all goes down. The wow momments are fewer and farther inbetween. I love RnRC.. but I don't think it's a suitable tradeoff for the lack of show in the rest of the park.

My kids love EE - but I don't think that's a suitable tradeoff for Dinosaur to be such a disaster compared to what it could be and was built to be.

If WDW just ran up to its POTENTIAL in what it already has, and operated as the park that DID (past tense) establish it as the global vacation leader.. it would be enough to keep me thirsting to come back. Instead it's become a letdown, and 'stale' because if all you have going for you is 'new flashy thing' you'll just be that regional park that without anything new, you just bleed customers. If you build yourself up to rely on that as your sole draw.. you are doomed.

WDW used to be an experience.. one unmatched in how they always amazed you, in the type of experiences you would have, and generally just in how satisfied you would be. It's not that anymore in it's current form of operation and direction.

Sans Souci

They're here for open discussion. Discussion is where many put their input and personal opinion into a topic. Open discussion wasn't intended to be controlled by one uniform-mass who all believe in same concepts and ideas as others do. Just because you may believe something doesn't mean others do or have to.

OK-- obvious trolling here is tolerated. Duly noted.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Who is they? I was referring to one particular poster whose only point, in all his posts, is to drive home the idea that Disney doesn't care.

HMF

To cause trouble. What's it to you? Kids can urinate anywhere. I'm not sure why they would be more likely to do it in a water play area? Do the waterfall sounds make it easier? Can they not help it? It's like five feet from pretty expansive bathrooms. Hopefully they can make it. Kali River Rapids is pretty wet too. I'm not sure how much urination goes on there.

The groupthink here is palpable. I'm not even sure you realize how much of a minority you are. That people don't even care about your talking points if they were stuck in a room with you for an hour and you could blabber on about the bumblebees and the tiles. But that makes them idiots right? Because you're superior. After all, you're not satisfied as easily! You have standards! Higher standards!
If it's a higher standard to expect similar or better quality at Walt Disney World than it's older cousin in Anaheim then yes.

wannab@dis

Once again.
"It came about when my daughters were very young and Saturday was always daddy's day with the two daughters. So we'd start out and try to go someplace, you know, different things, and I'd take them to the merry-go-round and I took them different places and as I'd sit while they rode the merry-go-round and did all these things - sit on a bench, you know, eating peanuts - I felt that there should be something built where the parents and the children could have fun together. So that's how Disneyland started. Well, it took many years ... it was a period of maybe 15 years developing. I started with many ideas, threw them away, started all over again. And eventually it evolved into what you see today at Disneyland. But it all started from a daddy with two daughters wondering where he could take them where he could have a little fun with them, too."-You Know Who.

That's why they don't have child swap... oh, wait.

Once again... the PARKS are places for the families to go together. Every attraction and ride does not have to accommodate every guest from 2 to 90. There are attractions specific for kids (such as your hated Casey's) and there are attractions that are not for kids... most of the mountains, tower, everest, etc. And finally, there are an abundance of rides for the entire family - including most of the new FLE. It's really not that hard to understand.

koryadams

Once again.
hmmmm well this splash area isnt the only thing in WDW that adults can't do! Dino dig, Honey I shrunk the kids playground, ect. But it is nice for the adults to sit back and watch the kids burn off energy.

You can ignore me, like you ignore reality, to your heart's content. I only ask that you realize how little you matter. How basically no one on this planet agrees with or cares about what you care about. Don't get caught up in the fact that the same seven people high five you every time you post on forums.WDWMAGIC.com. That HMF is so quick to press the LIKE button on your hilarious counter point!

Get over it. Or don't get over it. It really doesn't matter!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom