TTA Refurbishment on schedule?

Castle Cake Apologist

I wonder if there will be any changes when it's rebuilt. It's nice to see work like this being done in the parks, just wish they would do it more often.

Rumor has it that the structures themselves (Astro gantries and Rocket Tower Plaza) will be receiving a new color scheme, but I can't speak for the ride itself.

For the sake of the Cast Members, I hope they do something to better protect the control area from the sun. Working Astro Top can be miserable on a hot and sunny day. It's never fun to see that position come through on your rotation.

Last edited:

Clamman73

Does the work on the platform area necessitate the removal of the whole ride system??? Or is it easier to refurb the ride system while in a shop? Or maybe both?

Tomi-Rocket

For someone going on a once in a lifetime, you bet they're going to complain. It's only natural for them doing so, especially considering what it costs to vacation there and the fact they may never get to go back. For the rest of us, nobody is complaining about a refurb. Refurbs done WELL are a good thing. The issue is that with some more "recent" refurbs, show elements seem to sometimes disappear altogether, forever.

People need to stop expecting that just because they paid a lot of money for their vacation (and going to WDW we ALL do) to be perfect, even if it's someone's once in a lifetime trip. Those are happening every day, every week all year long. Plus, doing just a tiny bit of research ahead of time to find out what is closed will save you the shock of finding what's closed while you're there. Personally I check forToT, RnR & EE.

draybook

People need to stop expecting that just because they paid a lot of money for their vacation (and going to WDW we ALL do) to be perfect, even if it's someone's once in a lifetime trip. Those are happening every day, every week all year long. Plus, doing just a tiny bit of research ahead of time to find out what is closed will save you the shock of finding what's closed while you're there. Personally I check forToT, RnR & EE.

While I agree, the rebuttal could be that Disney needs to stop putting out commercials that make it seem perfect.

cw1982

True, but many threads have already established that too many don't plan and research appropriately for a Disney trip.

Personally, I was disappointed when I found out about the original tta refurbishment dates. It wouldn't have been as disappointing if we could get there more often, but I wasn't going to complain either, as I know this stuff has to happen eventually. I was pleasantly surprised when the dates changed because it allowed us to ride it our first day there before the ride went down, but if not I would have gotten over it and still had a great trip.

Tomi-Rocket

While I agree, the rebuttal could be that Disney needs to stop putting out commercials that make it seem perfect.
I agreed with you initially then thought about it and still think it's unrealistic to think a vacation is going to go off 100% without a hitch. Of course the commercials are going to make it look awesome, that's the whole point of them.

cw1982

I agreed with you initially then thought about it and still think it's unrealistic to think a vacation is going to go off 100% without a hitch. Of course the commercials are going to make it look awesome, that's the whole point of them.

One thing that would be nice is if Disney had set up a way to let people know which attractions are expected to be down during their trip when a package is booked. That way people can change their dates if needed during the pre planning stages when it's less of a hassle. Many don't think to check these things when planning, but if they knew in advance they might not be as upset about it in some cases.

ETA : yes, I realize those schedules change, and those dates aren't always available that far in advance, but it seems like they could still find better ways to communicate the information.

Last edited:

draybook

Yeah, but we've all seen the commercials that make it seem that any crowd that might be present will part like the Red Sea when we show up and we'll just put on our shades and get the Seven Dwarfes Mine Train to ourselves.

Also, I'd venture a guess that probably 60-70% of people that book either don't do any research or they leave it up to their TA. Either way, they really won't know what they got themselves in to until they're there.

Tom Morrow

Yes. It makes no sense whatsoever thematically with the current incarnation of Tomorrowland.
It also says the phrase "out of this world" two or three times, incorrectly states that CoP is four families, and is overall just generic sounding and dumbed down.

I would love it if they brought back the "NOW APPROACHING" announcements and chime.
"Come visit me, Mickey, here at Walt Disney World, where 90% of your dreams come true!!"
Well if 90% of my dreams came true, I would die happy.

Slowjack

But the research, in many cases, will only mean you complain while you are still at home instead of while you are there. I think much of the problem is that discounts, advanced reservations for rides and dining, etc., encourage guests to book visits way in advance, before they can discover what's going to be down during the period. Personally I can usually take refurbs in stride. My real problem is refurbs that don't actually return the ride to proper working order.

Castle Cake Apologist

No you're not. I'm fine with the current audio. It is similar to the original narration of the people mover

This is true, but the ride no longer moves through the same Tomorrowland that the original WEDway Peoplemover did. The current narration is jarring to the theme of the land in that it makes it painfully obvious that you are riding through a land in a theme park. This is not the current story of Tomorrowland, and as such, the new narration just does not work and was a flawed choice from a themed design standpoint. The current narration does very little other than to detract from the fact that you are riding the Metroliner Blue Line on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority's intergalactically famous "Highway in the Sky."

Tomorrowland has a complex unifying story, in which every attraction and themed element had a role in establishing, but a significant part of that was removed when the misguided new narration was implemented.

[OPINION] Not to mention how painfully generic it is and the fact that it needlessly contains character voices. [/OPINION]

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom