TTA Refurbishment on schedule?

maxime29

Premium Member
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this refurbishment is more for Astro Orbiter maintenance than it is for TTA. Shut down TTA for the time being to save operational costs (however large/small it may be).

Vegas Disney Fan

I wish they would reopen the one in Disneyland! It would be a massive undertaking but it's sad to see the track just sit there unused.

When I went to WDW last year I must have ridden the peoplemover a half dozen times. Not only was it a nice way to relax and a great way to see Tomorrowland but I think it's still the most futuristic ride in the whole land.

MickeyPeace

image.jpg
From June 3. Was weird not to see the TTA running. Tomorrowland would suck without it.

And can we stop with the dance parties now?

The_Mesh_Hatter

Is this a cruel joke? I've been to Disney World 4 times over the last decade and it's been closed every trip. Looks like fifth time, this july, will not be the charm. Only going to Disney World for one day and it's still frustrating as hell.

rct247

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this refurbishment is more for Astro Orbiter maintenance than it is for TTA. Shut down TTA for the time being to save operational costs (however large/small it may be).

While the ride really isn't getting much maintenance. The station concrete and the moving platform are getting attention at TTA. The rest of the track hardly no attention, but yes this refurb is primarily for Astro.

Slowjack

If Walt's EPCOT model gets diappeared during this refurb there will be trouble. :mad:

Would accept it being moved to Walt's exhibit at DHS or in a nice place in Future World.

Just saying. :cautious:
Half of it already disappeared, in a sense. I think having the full model in Future World would be great, as that would give me a reason to go into the old Communicore buildings (other than to get something to drink). Hard to see that happening, though.

jt04

Half of it already disappeared, in a sense. I think having the full model in Future World would be great, as that would give me a reason to go into the old Communicore buildings (other than to get something to drink). Hard to see that happening, though.

It would be nice to have an exhibit that talks about Walt's EPCOT. Perhaps where they put the 25th anniversary stuff. Doubt they would do that though. Best they leave it where it is or move it to the Studios. Imagine if they restored it to the original size.

Tomi-Rocket

Here's what I notice: people complain when a ride breaks down and then when a ride is closed for refurbishment, especially a lengthy one. It seems they don't mind as much as long as it doesn't take place during their vacation.

Mike S

Just gonna go ahead and leave this here as it seems relevant. It was posted in a closed thread, which wasn't merged into this one for some reason. They're not playing around with this refurb. For all intents and purposes, Astro has been dismantled.

oy6z5dB_zps7577093a.jpg
I wonder if there will be any changes when it's rebuilt. It's nice to see work like this being done in the parks, just wish they would do it more often.

dannyboyindc

Here's what I notice: people complain when a ride breaks down and then when a ride is closed for refurbishment, especially a lengthy one. It seems they don't mind as much as long as it doesn't take place during their vacation.

For someone going on a once in a lifetime trip, you bet they're going to complain. It's only natural for them doing so, especially considering what it costs to vacation there and the fact they may never get to go back. For the rest of us, nobody is complaining about a refurb. Refurbs done WELL are a good thing. The issue is that with some more "recent" refurbs, show elements seem to sometimes disappear altogether, forever.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom