TTA Refurbishment on schedule?

cw1982

Doesn't it move continuously? Other than when it has to stop for guest needs? It never stopped when I got on it on Sunday lol

DManRightHere

That's why I added the qualifier of basically, it behaves much like an omnimover since it is continuously loading at a steady pace. It eats people for breakfast, lunch and dinner, having almost no leftovers.

Ok. I didn't analyze that much.

I can't figure out exactly what the ride system is.

cw1982

Ok. I didn't analyze that much.

I can't figure out exactly what the ride system is.

It continuously moves... just slows down to let guests on and off but it only stops completely if necessary for a disabled guest or other relatively rare occurrence.

I guess the slowing down makes it not an omnimover? Cool. I learned something tonight. :)

DManRightHere

Doesn't it move continuously? Other than when it has to stop for guest needs? It never stopped when I got on it on Sunday lol

But I thought omnimover had to be all cars at the same speed. Loading, unloading, and the ride. Also all continuously connected. Haunted mansion and spaceship earth.

If it just never stops then kali rover rapids would count too..

Wiki isn't helping me tonight either. Lol

DManRightHere

It continuously moves... just slows down to let guests on and off but it only stops completely if necessary for a disabled guest or other relatively rare occurrence.

I guess the slowing down makes it not an omnimover? Cool. I learned something tonight. :)

I think the cars have to be connected to be an omnimover.. i could be wrong.

cw1982

I think our posts were getting crossed lol... but yeah I've never looked into it because I've never thought about it. Kali's loading area functions in the same way as HM and Spaceship Earth, right? But it definitely doesn't seem to fit the same category otherwise. And technically I guess PP is an omnimover as well although people say it has a low capacity... which I guess it does compared with the others we have mentioned.

I'm rambling now because I'm beyond tired lol... but yeah I always thought of TTA as an omnimover. I could very essily be wrong.

DManRightHere

I think our posts were getting crossed lol... but yeah I've never looked into it because I've never thought about it. Kali's loading area functions in the same way as HM and Spaceship Earth, right? But it definitely doesn't seem to fit the same category otherwise. And technically I guess PP is an omnimover as well although people say it has a low capacity... which I guess it does compared with the others we have mentioned.

I'm rambling now because I'm beyond tired lol... but yeah I always thought of TTA as an omnimover. I could very essily be wrong.

Yeah I consider peter pan similar to TTA. Just the fact it speeds up and isn't directly connected continuously to other ride vehicles.

Google "is peter pan an omnimover". That's a mess of answers. I never found a definitive answer.

I give up. Going to bed.

Jordan Holt

Folks, the TTA is not an Omnimover. Though I can see where the confusion arises. The Omnimover refers not to the continuous forward motion but the ability of each individual vehicle to be oriented in terms of both angle and tilt. This is achieved using additional control rails in the track.

The lack of such rails in both Peter Pan and the TTA mean that these are not Omnimover ride systems. The ultimate definition of an Omnimover is the Haunted Mansion whereby the seats are swiveled to align with different set pieces and tilt considerably on inclining portions of track.

The TTA ride system is in fact known as a WEDway. Hope that adds some clarity.

Folks, the TTA is not an Omnimover. Though I can see where the confusion arises. The Omnimover refers not to the continuous forward motion but the ability of each individual vehicle to be oriented in terms of both angle and tilt. This is achieved using additional control rails in the track.

The lack of such rails in both Peter Pan and the TTA mean that these are not Omnimover ride systems. The ultimate definition of an Omnimover is the Haunted Mansion whereby the seats are swiveled to align with different set pieces and tilt considerably on inclining portions of track.

The TTA ride system is in fact known as a WEDway. Hope that adds some clarity.

And what is a WEDway?

Jordan Holt

That's right, the WEDway in it's conceptual form is intended as a mass-transit system driven by Linear Synchronous Motors (LSM) and not really as an attraction. Originally destined for use in Walt's EPCOT project and first tested at the New York World's Fair. Implementations of this WEDway design are required to move continuously, with vehicles "splitting-off" after leaving a station and re-joining at the next.

Mousemom67

Wouldn't it be wonderful if they went back to using the previous narration? It was so perfect for creating the atmosphere for the ride.

The new one is nothing more than advertisements for other attractions. Totally unnecessary since guests are right in the middle of everything being advertised and don't need to be told what's there.

We were heartbroken when we rode it for the first time after the new audio was added. Why did they mess with a good thing? :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom