TTA Refurbishment on schedule?

Goofyernmost

Wouldn't it be wonderful if they went back to using the previous narration? It was so perfect for creating the atmosphere for the ride.

The new one is nothing more than advertisements for other attractions. Totally unnecessary since guests are right in the middle of everything being advertised and don't need to be told what's there.

We were heartbroken when we rode it for the first time after the new audio was added. Why did they mess with a good thing? :(
I don't remember when it didn't announce the attractions that it passed through or by. Are you sure you are remembering correctly? I did say other things like "riders with forward facing tentacles watch out for oncoming trains or something like that or paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, but other then that it seem that it always talked about the attractions.

Figment2005

I don't remember when it didn't announce the attractions that it passed through or by. Are you sure you are remembering correctly? I did say other things like "riders with forward facing tentacles watch out for oncoming trains or something like that or paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, but other then that it seem that it always talked about the attractions.
I understand where he is coming from. The old narration had a theme to it as you were a passenger on a metroliner passing through tomorrowland. They quickly mentioned what you were passing, but it wasn't a blatant advertisement like the current incarnation. There is absolutely nothing memorable or thematic about the current narration, unless you consider it's horrendous execution as memorable.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think the cars have to be connected to be an omnimover.. i could be wrong.

an omnimover would be where all ride vehicles are connected, is moving all the time in show mode, and hence uses continuous load and unload. The TTA uses continuous load and unload, but have independently moving vehicles. So not really an omnimover in the classic sense.

Monorail_Orange

an omnimover would be where all ride vehicles are connected, is moving all the time in show mode, and hence uses continuous load and unload. The TTA uses continuous load and unload, but have independently moving vehicles. So not really an omnimover in the classic sense.
Also, much like JIYI, not all vehicles are connected. I know it's not going to happen, but I would love to see the WEDway technology deployed in an additional way on property. I still think it has impressive potential, and clearly a long life span when maintained.

Slowjack

Also, much like JIYI, not all vehicles are connected. I know it's not going to happen, but I would love to see the WEDway technology deployed in an additional way on property. I still think it has impressive potential, and clearly a long life span when maintained.
Early designs of what would become Epcot Center had an internal Wedway...which I often wistfully remember when staring across World Showcase Lagoon at my destination.

rct247

While we haven't seen any proof of this yet, I am starting to hear more and more rumblings about a new color palette for the TTA/Astro Orbiter building and it doesn't sound good.
Lots of neon orange and aquamarine. We think Epcot's new paint job at Innoventions Plaza was bad. It sounds like this might be worse. Just be forewarned.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Early designs of what would become Epcot Center had an internal Wedway...which I often wistfully remember when staring across World Showcase Lagoon at my destination.

As did later designs.... As did LBV....

Sigh.

Do either of you lovelies happen to have concept art... or really, I'd accept any concept art of this design? Because it sounds fantastic.

While we haven't seen any proof of this yet, I am starting to hear more and more rumblings about a new color palette for the TTA/Astro Orbiter building and it doesn't sound good.
Lots of neon orange and aquamarine. We think Epcot's new paint job at Innoventions Plaza was bad. It sounds like this might be worse. Just be forewarned.

Thanks for the heads up. That sounds like a horrid color combination. Can't be worse than Epcot's new color "scheme" if you wanna call it that. I'd prefer to call it the Leftover Paint Special.

And no Disney that is not a dare. :\

Slowjack

Do either of you lovelies happen to have concept art... or really, I'd accept any concept art of this design? Because it sounds fantastic.
I'll defer to Martin for the concept art -- I don't have any scanned, but I'm highly confident he'll have this scanned already. Basically World Showcase at one point would have been a park by itself located just south of the TTC. Instead of the World Showcase we know now, all the countries would have been housed inside two enormous semicircular buildings--scaled down and repurposed as Communicore. Anyway, a big Wedway loop ran through the park--through both buildings and outside.

Martin's mention of "later designs" got me looking, and made me realize that I'd been missing a Wedway line on a later concept model in which World Showcase and Future World were combined. World Showcase is the front of that version of Epoct, still inside the huge semicircles. Future World is across a lagoon, in the back, with pavilions in separate "pods". What I didn't see before was that there's a Wedway running through the whole shebang. That would indeed have been fantastic. Of course, the problem with all the earlier World Showcase designs is that they put all the country pavilions inside the same futuristic exhibition halls, so it didn't have the wonderful architecture that makes World Showcase so visually fun.

Last edited:

FerretAfros

I'm not sure about that concept with World Showcase in the front and Future World in the back, but here's the original plan for the uniform facades next to TTC

D23-Epcot-005.jpg

370012b0.jpg

Slowjack

I'm not sure about that concept with World Showcase in the front and Future World in the back, but here's the original plan for the uniform facades next to TTC

D23-Epcot-005.jpg

370012b0.jpg
Thanks! It's hard to see on these, but those silver curves passing between the semicircles and below the monorail tracks are the Peoplemover loop.

jt04

D23-Epcot-005.jpg

370012b0.jpg

Add a parking garage here and there and something on this scale is still possible in this spot.

jt04

If Walt's EPCOT model gets diappeared during this refurb there will be trouble. :mad:

Would accept it being moved to Walt's exhibit at DHS or in a nice place in Future World.

Just saying. :cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom