Tta is open

jt04

Did they re-paint inside the tunnels as well and wash all the glass windows? Those things were filthy with people spitting on them and what-not, cobwebs, etc. Also, what about the spiel? Did they change it to add Monsters Inc or anything?

Great questions. Also, is the Epcot model cleaned/new lighting? Is the ride track "smoothed out" any? Details, details.

On a side note, you can actually tell the relief people have with the ride reopened. Past experience has conditioned people to fear that when a ride shuts down, sometimes it never reopens. But that was then and this is now. :)

Rob562

Attention please...attention please...these cars about to be activated...motion is about to begin...thank you. "...and now, let's take a ride on the PeopleMover"

Hey! That's the text message alert on my cell phone! :)
(Well, I cropped it down to "Attention, please... Attention, please.")

-Rob

devoy1701

Which turned out to be is land encompassing and altering visual kinetic.

What did you want, a loop?:rolleyes:

Ok, I know I am a Doom and Gloomer, but the line is drawn here, for me.:lol: There is ALWAYS the potential for them to do more, but there is also the potential for LESS....which is what we originally thought they would do.

Sheesh.:lol:

Not a loop...but I was looking to get the godawful futuristic hair salon scene switched out. :dazzle:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yes... if they have not changed how those lights change.. I will not be able to go in TL at night. :dazzle: :lol: :eek:

They were running on solid white last night. :)

We'll have to wait and see how the lighting package ultimately ends up, but I'm sure it's going to be used in the right way. Afterall, WDI know what they are doing when it comes to lighting.

jt04

B) I am light sensitive.

Do you have to avert your eyes when you walk around SSE at night? I mean really, what is so special about the TTA lights? (They don't strobe.) All of Tomorrowland is lighted at night. As is all the rest of the Magic Kingdom.

Final question. Have you ever seen Spectromagic?

:lol:

jt04

They were running on solid white last night. :)

We'll have to wait and see how the lighting package ultimately ends up, but I'm sure it's going to be used in the right way. Afterall, WDI know what they are doing when it comes to lighting.

For me solid white is :snore:.

I'd much rather they use the lights full capabilities and if that means a few "sensitive" people can only ride in the daytime, so be it.

Just my opinion. :)

SirGoofy

Ok, I know I am a Doom and Gloomer, but the line is drawn here, for me.:lol: There is ALWAYS the potential for them to do more, but there is also the potential for LESS....which is what we originally thought they would do.

And I think it's sad that we applaud them for doing anything, even if it is small.

A nice change, no doubt, but nothing overly special.

If that's the only thing that changed on the ride, I give the refurb a C-.

So the list is:
Haunted Mansion: A+
Pirates: D
HoP: B+
IasW: B+
TTA: C-
Space Mountain: To Be Determined.:lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
For me solid white is :snore:.

I'd much rather they use the lights full capabilities and if that means a few "sensitive" people can only ride in the daytime, so be it.

Just my opinion. :)

I'm sure they will be using the lighting to their full capability, otherwise they wouldn't have gone to the lengths of installing it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Do you have to avert your eyes when you walk around SSE at night? I mean really, what is so special about the TTA lights? (They don't strobe.) All of Tomorrowland is lighted at night. As is all the rest of the Magic Kingdom.

Final question. Have you ever seen Spectromagic?

:lol:

Think he was just joking

I realize it was really closed for the SM refurb, but come on, it is a little disappointing.

They could have done something with the convienient closing time.

I hope they at least cleaned the glass.

RSoxNo1

And I think it's sad that we applaud them for doing anything, even if it is small.

So the list is:

I think a D to Pirates is harsh. I think a C or a C- is fair, as to me the changes to the show scenes were good improvements, it's that the Audio system wasn't upgraded.

jt04

So the list is:

Let me try to de-spin here. HM is the future make no doubt. Pirates was the "old way" of doing things. HoP, by all accounts it was at least an A. Even our most cynical member praised it loudly although he would say B+ also. I'd guess most knowledgeable folks here would give it an A. Same for Liberty Square as a whole. I'm absolutely convinced SirGoofy that LS is the template for the future of all of WDW.

IaSW, don't know, can't ride it. Creepy. :lookaroun

And that brings us to the land of the great identity crisis. Tomorrowland.

What you are seeing in the TL refurbs is a confusing mess of indecision. It has been for the longest time, an undefined concept. A land without a backstory or coherent storyline and you are seeing the results. It will also be the last land at the MK to get fixed. I know you hate me saying this but I am right. SM's work can be seen as a "pre-furb". Let me explain. It desperately needed the work it is receiving. I can't imagine how nasty that place was from 30 years of CO2 spewing guests passing through on a daily basis. Nasty would'nt begin to describe it. So it had to be done. Imagineering likely has not completed, and possibly has not even begun reconceptualizing T-Land's long term goals. So what does Disney do with such a dillema? They do a pre-furb. Invest in the infrastructure of the ride, but do it in a way that the long term re-imagined concepts, set pieces etc can be added later. That is what I mean by a prefurb. It is obvious too that the TTA is a victim of a new vision for T-Land at the MK has not been finalized. Again, as I said, Tomorrowland will be the last part of the MK to get the "new way" treatment.

So there you go. Of course, if I am right it doesn't help advance the D&G's agenda so I fully expect this post to be met with cynacism. But that doesn't make it untrue. In truth, I'm right. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom