Tropical Hideaway

mickEblu

It's a massively charming awkward bottleneck of DL. There's so much happening in that space it's absolutely ridiculous.

Guests in the 60s thru the 80s have no idea how good they had it. They had all the charming bottlenecks without feeling like they were in an ant farm.

D

Deleted member 107043

I don’t know about you guys, but as a dude I’ve never had to wait.

What I've seen are people, men included, waiting outside for the rest of their party who are in the restrooms.

In any case that area isn't particularly attractive and is a major choke point. I'd be open to Disney finding a solution to improve traffic flow in the area even if it meant rearranging things a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

mickEblu

I mean if you go with other people.

Oh ya there’s that. We tend to skip those restrooms. Come to think of it, DCA has many more convenient and un-crowded restrooms. We tend to do our restrooming there. I do like the restroom next to Disneyana though. Can we talk about that charming area for a minute? I mean Your nestled in between the Disneyana building and Disneyland’s berm with the train tracks literally right over your head. Really love that area. I feel like it’s classic DL that you probably can’t find anywhere else.

D

Deleted member 107043

Oh ya there’s that. We tend to skip those restrooms. Come to think of it, DCA has many more convenient and in crowded restrooms. We tend to our restrooming there. I do like the restroom next to Disneyana though. Can we talk about that charming area for a minute. I mean Your nestled in between the Disneyana building and Disneyland’s berm with the train tracks literally right over your head. Really love that area. I feel like it’s classic DL that you probably can’t find anywhere else.

It's true! That spot has changed very little, if at all, over the years. I have a very clear memory of using that restroom in the summer of 1971. I was 6 years old.

britain

It's true! That spot has changed very little, if at all, over the years. I have a very clear memory of using that restroom in the summer of 1971. I was 6 years old.

Yes, they added the green stone wall in '94, I think, in anticipation of Indy. Prior to that, it was even more of an awkward display for entering Adventureland! Other than that, no changes.

dweezil78

Yes, they added the green stone wall in '94, I think, in anticipation of Indy. Prior to that, it was even more of an awkward display for entering Adventureland! Other than that, no changes.

I think he means those little tucked away restrooms right in the front between the train tracks and Disneyana.

FWIW my favorite DL restroom is downstairs at Hungry Bear with all its traces of the Country Bears who once inhabited the area!

mickEblu

I think he means those little tucked away restrooms right in the front between the train tracks and Disneyana.

FWIW my favorite DL restroom is downstairs at Hungry Bear with all its traces of the Country Bears who once inhabited the area!

Those are good too. Were way better before the SWL construction though. 🙁

D

Deleted member 107043

Sometimes It feels like you re egging me on and want to see how many characters it takes to defend my position.

LMAO.... No I'm just generally argumentative, but I'm trying to be better. That said I don't engage here to be purposely contrary, gaslight, or create drama. Nobody needs or wants that.

Number 3 on my list of things I dislike about Disney Parks are crowds and congestion, so it follows that improving traffic flow is a priority for me, even if meant the demolition of a charming robotic bird show.

George Lucas on a Bench

Oh ya there’s that. We tend to skip those restrooms. Come to think of it, DCA has many more convenient and un-crowded restrooms. We tend to do our restrooming there. I do like the restroom next to Disneyana though. Can we talk about that charming area for a minute? I mean Your nestled in between the Disneyana building and Disneyland’s berm with the train tracks literally right over your head. Really love that area. I feel like it’s classic DL that you probably can’t find anywhere else.

With obvious backstage views, barely any space and weird light fixtures clashing with otherwise awkwardly minimalized decor.

George Lucas on a Bench

It's just so awkward and charming, I can't take it. Was this originally meant to be open to the public or just slapped together to pass off as a guest area? You could write a book about this alley.

Disneyland October 2010 023.jpg

mickEblu

LMAO.... No I'm just generally argumentative, but I'm trying to be better. That said I don't engage here to be purposely contrary, gaslight, or create drama. Nobody needs or wants that.

Number 3 on my list of things I dislike about Disney Parks are crowds and congestion, so it follows that improving traffic flow is a priority for me, even if meant the demolition of a charming robotic bird show.

Lol, I know. That’s why I said “feels like.” I agree, traffic flow is a serious issue. I’d like to see what they could come up with for Adventureland, especially if they could do it and spare the Tiki Room somehow.

What’s number 2 and number 1 ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom