Tropical Hideaway Construction - Tiki Room Refurbishment - Adventureland Entry Remodel

britain

In one of those LP videos, we hear the Imagineer giving the press tour saying that not only do the S.E.A. oars contain references to other attractions around the world, there's a hidden reference to a future attraction too.

:geek:

RandySavage

I was encouraged by these plans, as the Aladdin area felt very jarring from the outset, and bringing Tiki theme back should have been an easy A.

Now that it's open, we see that nothing about this change necessitated the removal of the very large tree that was nestled against the building. Instead of liquidating them, good designers can incorporate mature trees into lightly-redone areas such as this. It would have added tremendously to the atmosphere, which looks to be lacking a jungle feel on its interior half, at the cost of a minimum of guest-space. No money, only decades of time and good stewardship, can bring trees of that scale - and the unique ambiance and authenticity they provide - back to the park once they're cut down.

Another criticism: It bugs me to see modern photoshop images of food on menu boards now throughout the period/nostalgic environments at the parks (e.g. everywhere but Tomorrowland). It's a subtlety of design that appears to be completely lost on today's Disney. If food needs to be represented graphically, then it can be illustrated, as was done well in the past. Same goes for all these unnessecarily-uptated wait-time/FP indicators from analog to LCD digital. Small details that today's WDI just doesn't get.

The bird voice/joke also seemed cringier than I was expecting.

Project was apparently not the easy A I was hoping for.

mickEblu

I am very surprised that Rosita's voice isn't more, um, ethnic sounding?

Yes of course. We are in the era of overcorrecting for the past. One day in the future I hope we can get back to a point that makes sense. Like does it have to be Jose’s voice or nothing? (Not that I personally thought anything was wrong with Jose’s voice). I do hear a very slight Mexican? / American accent but it would probably go unnoticed by most.

Californian Elitist

Sounds like the voice of Pirate/Soccer Mom Redd after one too many bottles of rum.

Other than that, I love this addition! Looks well-themed and a good use of previously dead space.

I didn’t want to mention Redd, but yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Who are they hiring for these voiceovers? They need to stop.

The rest of it does look well-themed, I agree.

Disney Analyst

I was encouraged by these plans, as the Aladdin area felt very jarring from the outset, and bringing Tiki theme back should have been an easy A.

Now that it's open, we see that nothing about this change necessitated the removal of the very large tree that was nestled against the building. Instead of liquidating them, good designers can incorporate mature trees into lightly-redone areas such as this. It would have added tremendously to the atmosphere, which looks to be lacking a jungle feel on its interior half, at the cost of a minimum of guest-space. No money, only decades of time and good stewardship, can bring trees of that scale - and the unique ambiance and authenticity they provide - back to the park once they're cut down.

Another criticism: It bugs me to see modern photoshop images of food on menu boards now throughout the period/nostalgic environments at the parks (e.g. everywhere but Tomorrowland). It's a subtlety of design that appears to be completely lost on today's Disney. If food needs to be represented graphically, then it can be illustrated, as was done well in the past. Same goes for all these unnessecarily-uptated wait-time/FP indicators from analog to LCD digital. Small details that today's WDI just doesn't get.

The bird voice/joke also seemed cringier than I was expecting.

Project was apparently not the easy A I was hoping for.

Perhaps the tree was deemed unsafe and needed to be removed? There can be a lot of reason to remove a tree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom