News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

rle4lunch

Mere words cannot explain my hatred of the holiday overlay. I have Never been a fan of the stick drawings of that genre. Therefore, I dislike any of that whole approach.

I'm not a big fan of the movie, but the work they put into that, and the fact that they can keep it 'fresh' with subtle changes every year is impressive.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Both IASW in MK and DL are listed as 14 minutes in length on Touring Plans. The experience on the rides are similar in scope (I’d argue that the “flooded room” setup and lack of characters in MK make it a superior ride experience compared to DL and makes up for the facade but YMMV).

In comparing rides, I’d also argue for MK’s superior placement of Astro Orbiter.
Disneylands Small World.... those blank walls alongside the ride path... what? It may be original but the claustrophobic feel takes away a lot of the charm.

Paris is the superior.

Last edited:

rle4lunch

Both IASW in MK and DL are listed as 14 minutes in length on Touring Plans. The experience on the rides are similar in scope (I’d argue that the “flooded room” setup and lack of characters in MK make it a superior ride experience compared to DL and makes up for the facade but YMMV).

In comparing rides, I’d also argue for MK’s superior placement of Astro Orbiter.

Pretty sure touring plans has got those times completely wrong for small world. but nevertheless, the ceiling is so low on MK IASW that it takes away the immersion factor for me. I was floored by the difference once I finally went to DL (24 years old at my first visit) by the vast superior-ness of IASW, POTC, SWSA and others. This is after visiting WDW every 2 years since 1980 (4 year old me was really impressed by MK small world, lol).

RSoxNo1

I didn’t enjoy the movie.

I preferred given the choice to ride HMH over Smugglers Run.
Count me as indifferent towards Nightmare Before Christmas. Having said that, I've yet to see the overlay in person and would very much like to see it.

A properly executed IP attraction should live beyond the IP. The push for IP driven attractions is primarily a year 1 marketing push.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
TRON construction photos from today
1597777911979.png

duder

Love HMH! I also love the haunted mansion and Nightmare Before Christmas, so its a win win. Shame that Orlando turned it down, but it looks great in Tokyo. They are missing the gingerbread house that DL has in the dining room.

I greatly prefer DL's IASW to MK, mainly because they actually maintain the one in Anaheim. Tokyo's is my favorite though, takes the best parts of both.

Everytime the DL vs DW conversation starts, it always ends up making me realize just how great the Tokyo park is.

SJN1279

I'll give you Splash too, but not HM, DL still edges MK for the reason I gave, IMO. Small World is like 8 minutes shorter in MK and its Much smaller in scale and intricacies than DL. And MKs facade for it feels like a county fair (this goes for that whole thoroughfare thru that part, they should've updated it to match NFL).

Space Mountain is way better in Florida, just because they are actual drops in the coaster. Cali has no drops, just turns.

Little Green Men

Pretty sure touring plans has got those times completely wrong for small world. but nevertheless, the ceiling is so low on MK IASW that it takes away the immersion factor for me. I was floored by the difference once I finally went to DL (24 years old at my first visit) by the vast superior-ness of IASW, POTC, SWSA and others. This is after visiting WDW every 2 years since 1980 (4 year old me was really impressed by MK small world, lol).
SWSA was far superior at WDW without a tacked on abrupt ending.

Bocabear

One ride alone makes Disneyland stand out above Magic Kingdom for me, and that's Indiana Jones Adventure.
I agree! I would be totally up for redesigning the Dino section of Animal Kingdom into a South American theme with jungle flora and fauna, an archaeological dig site, temple ruins and the Indiana Jones ride... Chester and Hester area could be redesigned to be a beautiful South American village with shops and dining and an additional ride or two, then create an Amazon Jungle Trek walk through zoological exhibit.
I like dinosaurs and all, but feel like this would be a better fit...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom