News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Mike S

Project Stardust is what Disneyland management is calling the reconfiguring of the park's public areas to accommodate the large crowds expected for Galaxy's Edge. ie curb removal, walkway widening, planter reduction etc
Fitting name I guess.

doctornick

I'm having a hard time picturing how Tron would work in DL. Even if they replace a single ride like Buzz or Star Tours (or Launch Bay), it doesn't seem like enough room. I know there is talk about a big TL redo there but would that involve tearing down multiple buildings and totally re-configuring the land? That can't possibly do that anytime soon given the impending SWGE crowds, could they?

N2dru

I'm having a hard time picturing how Tron would work in DL. Even if they replace a single ride like Buzz or Star Tours (or Launch Bay), it doesn't seem like enough room. I know there is talk about a big TL redo there but would that involve tearing down multiple buildings and totally re-configuring the land? That can't possibly do that anytime soon given the impending SWGE crowds, could they?

I agree...according to the rumor it would be an altered layout that would showcase the big outside turn towards Tomorrowland's entrance at the hub. But I'm with you, that would require some MAJOR reconfiguring of TL.

toolsnspools

Looks like all the track was staged behind Kidani Village.

Bocabear

I agree...according to the rumor it would be an altered layout that would showcase the big outside turn towards Tomorrowland's entrance at the hub. But I'm with you, that would require some MAJOR reconfiguring of TL.
Why wouldn't they just put it in DCA where they could create a whole narrative for it to exist...rather than shoehorning it into a very tight intimate park...

doctornick

I’ll try and recall the details. Something tells me it’s in Autopia / Nemo territory but I forget the specifics. I know it wasn’t near the hub nor replacing the Carousel theatre building.

Well, that would be a bummer, but it seems like the subs have been on borrowed time for a while. From what I see for the maps, removing Autopia given its huge footprint would allow for the north part of that plot to be used for a Fantasyland expansion (I think that's where Frozen is expected to go) while the southern part of Autopia (load/unload) along with Nemo could be used for Tron -- and if they needed more space, they could I guess combine with the Launch Bay footprint as well

Even with that plan, though I would wonder about the Monorail (cannot see them removing it) and the TL stop on the railroad. And hopefully they'd do something to hide the showbuilding for Tron, but it seems like it would be an eyesore (at least MK's will be outside the berm and somewhat hidden by Space Mountain).

N2dru

Why wouldn't they just put it in DCA where they could create a whole narrative for it to exist...rather than shoehorning it into a very tight intimate park...
That was my question as well. Maybe even theme it to a Marvel property (Black Panther, Captain Marvel etc) since they're able to build Marvel attractions there and have the upcoming land. That way WDW has Tron and DL has something different.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I just hope they run out of money before they make it happen. Would like to see the subs and autopia stay somehow. I know they’ve been on the chopping block before and somehow escaped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom