News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

MagicJack78

In summation, TRON doesn't help with the capacity issue in MK, which is in desperate need of a people eater such as a theatre show or UoE type ride. TRON is also seen as redundent, two space/sci-fi indoor coasters that are right next to each other. Many think this would have been a better fit elsewhere. Not sure if I covered everything but I think that is most of what is why its being said as not serving the park well.
Oh it will help with capacity issues in a big way. Not in the way you think though. There will be a consistent 3 hr line for this ride; which means lots, and lots of people occupied on a line vs. going on other rides

MagicJack78

That's what people said when FOP opened.......and then wait times skyrocketed in the rest of the Animal Kingdom.
When I went last summer and this summer, I didn't observe this trend at all. Perhaps on occasion lines could be longer than usual, but I wouldn't say that I've observed or seen any data to support this claim. Not saying other lines were empty but they were extremely manageable. The worst line in that park outside of FOP, was Countdown to Extinction. God the capacity on that ride stinks.

Last edited:

JohnyKaz2078

When I went last summer and this summer, I didn't observe this trend at all. Perhaps on occasion lines could be longer than usual, but I wouldn't say that I've observed or seen any data to support this claim. Not saying other lines were empty but they were extremely manageable. The worst line in that park outside of FOP, was Countdown to Extinction. God the capacity on that ride stinks.

Have you been in the park before the opening of FOP? If you have then you must have realised that the park, say summer 2016, was less busier. I did actually visit the park in mid-July and I can tell you that by 12pm everything except It's Tough To Be A Bug and Triceca had a wait above 50 minutes. FOP was at 160 minutes, Navi at 110, Safaris was at 90, Everest at 80, River Rapids at 75, Dinosaur and the Primewal Whirl at 60 and the meet n' greet with Mickey Mouse was at 55 minutes. When I was back in July 2016 I don't remember seeing a single wait above 1 hour.

MagicJack78

Have you been in the park before the opening of FOP? If you have then you must have realised that the park, say summer 2016, was less busier. I did actually visit the park in mid-July and I can tell you that by 12pm everything except It's Tough To Be A Bug and Triceca had a wait above 50 minutes. FOP was at 160 minutes, Navi at 110, Safaris was at 90, Everest at 80, River Rapids at 75, Dinosaur and the Primewal Whirl at 60 and the meet n' greet with Mickey Mouse was at 55 minutes. When I was back in July 2016 I don't remember seeing a single wait above 1 hour.
Makes sense, but there are other variables at play here. Hollywood Studios is practically closed. Epcot hasn't had an e-ticket since Space. Pandora was the first e-ticket in like a decade, so yes Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom were doing overtime with crowd control. To be fair the increase in ride times across Animal Kingdom was also a reflection of two stagnant parks in WDW.

I don't see the inclusion of Tron increasing line times dramatically at MK with the addition of Tron especially with the other stellar additions being spread pretty evenly across the other parks.

Last edited:

JohnyKaz2078

Makes sense, but there are other variables at play here. Hollywood Studios is practically closed. Epcot hasn't had an e-ticket since Space. Pandora was the first e-ticket in like a decade, so yes Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom were doing overtime with crowd control. To be fair the increase in ride times across Animal Kingdom was also a reflection of two stagnant parks in WDW.

I don't see the inclusion of Tron increasing line times dramatically at MK with the addition of Tron especially with the other stellar additions being spread pretty evenly across the other parks.

That's true. And Pandora is a fantastic addition to DAK so I can see why more people want to visit. Although the number of visitors to MK will increase with the opening of Tron, it will certainly not have the impact that Pandora had.

By the way, some consider Frozen Ever After an E-Ticket.
Not really.
Well that's what I experienced and what I have seen in the WDW app.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's true. And Pandora is a fantastic addition to DAK so I can see why more people want to visit. Although the number of visitors to MK will increase with the opening of Tron, it will certainly not have the impact that Pandora had.

By the way, some consider Frozen Ever After an E-Ticket.

Well that's what I experienced and what I have seen in the WDW app.
You can’t rely on the app for attendance details.

Some consider TSMM an E too.

JohnyKaz2078

That's why I said that I have visited DAK in July for the first time after July 2016. And a friend of mine visited back in November 2017. He described a similar situation. The app isn't always to be trusted I know.

rle4lunch

Not really.

I dunno. For YEARS, every time we'd go to DAK (Pre Pandora), we could pretty much do walk-on <10 min wait for Dino, PW, etc. Post Pandora, people have to manage their time somehow as the wait for FOP, which means they're eating up the other rides and parts of the park that they may normally have not wanted to do or find boring. We just can't walk around for 8 hours eating every 10 minutes and buying trinkets at every turn (as the meter out our 3 FP's over 9 hours, gag), no matter how much Disney is trying to force us to...

huwar18

I heard from others that Disney likes to pad the wait times on the boards and App. Do you think that is true? I forget who I heard that from. However, they said that they use it as sort of crowd control. Also, close to the closing of the park they sometimes put queue times higher to deter people from entering attraction. It sounded a little farfetched...but I could see Disney doing this .

huwar18

I agree. I feel like Star Wars will still be pulling a lot more people to DHS, at this time. I think people are going to go to MK for Tron. However, I do not think it will be that more than normal crowds.

Bocabear

I agree. I feel like Star Wars will still be pulling a lot more people to DHS, at this time. I think people are going to go to MK for Tron. However, I do not think it will be that more than normal crowds.
I think that is Naive...their marketing blitz they are sure to have for the 50th will ensure the parks are all packed... Remember, they spend more money on marketing than any attraction... I would love to see the complete marketing budget.

GlacierGlacier

I heard from others that Disney likes to pad the wait times on the boards and App. Do you think that is true? I forget who I heard that from. However, they said that they use it as sort of crowd control. Also, close to the closing of the park they sometimes put queue times higher to deter people from entering attraction. It sounded a little farfetched...but I could see Disney doing this .
During a tour I was on, I asked an operations manager in charge of wait times and ride ops and he told me they definitely manipulate wait times to both drive people towards and away certain attractions at certain times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom