News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Jambo Joe

The Land pavilion is really a strange brew at this point.

Living with the Land is a great attraction. I actually wish the area of crop production was bigger and more visible from the rest of the park and connected to more food production for the parks.

The food court is themed to an airport food court - one of the most miserable places we are forced to spend time in our real lives.

There is a restaurant that rotates except there is very little to actually see anymore that would make the rotation pay off.

The main ceiling is festooned with muted fabrics and fake hot air balloons that adds nothing and makes the place look dated.

Soarin’ is a great ride - how can you top Patrick Warburton as our host - but is themed around boarding a passenger plane for some reason.

Could be a lot better without breaking the bank.

Last edited:

rle4lunch

The Land pavilion is really a strange brew at this point.

Living with the Land is a great attraction. I actually wish the area of crop production was bigger and more visible from the rest of the park and connected to more food production for the parks.

The food court is themed to an airport food court - one of the most miserable places we are forced to spend time in our real lives.

There is a restaurant that rotates except there is very little to actually see anymore that would make the rotation payoff.

The ceiling is festooned with muted fabrics and fake hot air balloons that adds nothing and makes the place look dated.

And Soarin’ is a great ride and how can you top Patrick Warburton as our host - is themed around boarding a passenger plan for some reason.

It’s just strange. Could be a lot better without breaking the bank.

Soarin 1.0 > Soarin 2.0. Disney got a case of George Lucas' brand of sequelitis.

geekza

Soarin 1.0 > Soarin 2.0. Disney got a case of George Lucas' brand of sequelitis.
Especially since the new ride is focused on airline bureaucracy and disputed flight routes through Paris. At least Patrick Warburton steps in poo now, which is hilarious. ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Now I love Soarin'...I really do but have NEVER seen the tie in with The Land... Ok, you fly over the land and California specifically but it always seemed an odd addition...and then the entire pavilion interior was defurbed into an airport concourse...which further muddles the entire theme... Maybe someday they will revisit this and make it feel mike it is more about "The Land": again...

And Soarin’ is a great ride and how can you top Patrick Warburton as our host - is themed around boarding a passenger plan for some reason.

The whole airport terminal to get in a hang-glider is super odd to begin with.

And now, your *hang-glider* goes around the world! And before anyone can say that it's a stitched together replay of all the places you went hang-gliding, the pre-show video shows your hang-gliding route around the world.

Not that WDW would ever do so, but, it would make sense to replace Soarin' with a FoP clone with a story that fit The Land. Or better yet, visit the countries that exist in World Showcase.

rle4lunch

And now, your *hang-glider* goes around the world! And before anyone can say that it's a stitched together replay of all the places you went hang-gliding, the pre-show video shows your hang-gliding route around the world.

Not that WDW would ever do so, but, it would make sense to replace Soarin' with a FoP clone with a story that fit The Land. Or better yet, visit the countries that exist in World Showcase.

Don't you come in here spouting logic.

Now git! git I say!

Kman101

Is Soarin' about aviation or about the natural and man-made features that you fly over? I'm honestly asking this question and not being sarcastic. Note that I'm not using the sarcasm fonts - comic sans or papyrus.

Good question and part of it's problem. But we're just not supposed to think too hard about these things ;)

Shhh. LOGIC!

Awakening

You have a problem? Spit it out.

Or maybe you just don’t understand someone else’s opinion so have to try and shout it down?

How do you know my taste - whatever it is - is unfounded? Hint - you don’t.

I asked you what purpose the ride "doesn't serve," and you chose not to give me an answer.

I can't understand your opinion if you aren't willing to provide it.

It's the internet, calm down, no one is "shouting you down"

MagicJack78

We are all allowed our own opinion, even if it doesn't support yours. Trust me my opinion in some cases is vastly different than Marni's, but I don't beat the guy over the head with it. Can we not off one of our most trusted insiders? This forum wouldn't be the same without him.

I asked you what purpose the ride "doesn't serve," and you chose not to give me an answer.

It's the internet, calm down, no one is "shouting you down"[/QUOTE

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We are all allowed our own opinion, even if it doesn't support yours. Trust me my opinion in some cases is vastly different than Marni's, but I don't beat the guy over the head with it. Can we not **** off one of our most trusted insiders? This forum wouldn't be the same without him.
I don’t wish to drag this on any longer, nor do I wish to be on any “pedestal” but that’s a very kind thing to say, thank you.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

It's the internet, calm down, no one is "shouting you down"
In summation, TRON doesn't help with the capacity issue in MK, which is in desperate need of a people eater such as a theatre show or UoE type ride. TRON is also seen as redundent, two space/sci-fi indoor coasters that are right next to each other. Many think this would have been a better fit elsewhere. Not sure if I covered everything but I think that is most of what is why its being said as not serving the park well.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom