News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

trainplane3

Mission 2 was a major disappointment when I got to ride it. I sadly never rode Mission 1. :arghh:
I'd like to go to DLP at some point but I'd like to wait till FTETTM returns, if it's even a possibility. There's just something about M2 that I don't care about even though it's a great ride. At least NL2 does a nice job in VR.
If you don't get the front seat you better hope the person infront of you doesn't fart.
Farts ain't nothing! I've swallowed my fair share of bugs (not by choice) and dodged vomit on a coaster once.

Also, welcome to the forums!

smile

If you don't get the front seat you better hope the person infront of you doesn't fart.

picture how many folks are going to have to contort just to squeeze in - yeah, there'll be some poots...
as a general rule, however, coasters come complete with natural dispersal mechanisms, so we'll be alright.... hopefully.

dodged vomit on a coaster once.!

most impressive - grats on having keen reflexes and astute situational awareness...
too many in that situ end up eating some :hungover:

crxbrett

I still hope for world peace some day. Still hope they'll bring back lime Starbursts. Still hope we can all use electric only cars and trucks 10-15 years from now. Still hope that Spectro-Magic will come back in some brand new form some day. Still hope I'll one day win the Lotto jackpot.

But, I have sadly, lost all hope in regards to what you mentioned. :p

trainplane3

most impressive - grats on having keen reflexes and astute situational awareness...
too many in that situ end up eating some :hungover:
Well, they were sitting next to me and I heard a foaming noise. This was on Rougarou, a B&M coaster, so 4 people across with very little wiggle room. Somehow I moved in a way to dodge it. My friend on the other side missed some but got hit. Friends in front of us nearly got it. It's amazing how far it can still travel forward while the ride was maintaining a solid 45mph...:hungover: I would never wish that moment on anyone.

Would've bought a max size on-ride photo too if it caught it at the right moment.

phillip9698

it's simply an inordinate amount of money to spend on a non-ideal project...
we're talking a crazy amount of money here, for something that already exists elsewhere which does not directly address mk's largest issues - in all likelihood, it will exacerbate those very issues.

as i've said, it'll dazzle - it's a nice, shiny bauble - but when looking beyond the experience itself, the project leaves a lot to be desired as a piece of the larger wdw puzzle.

not to mention tron makes as much sense in tomorrowland as buzz and star wars, but that's another matter altogether :p

But none of that addresses why being a clone is bad. You are alluding to capacity issues and wishing they spent the money elsewhere but none of that hits why being a clone is bad. Being available to ride elsewhere is not a problem if the people visiting your park will never visit that "elsewhere".

IMDREW

Here's video footage, excuse the poor quality.

Wow, I guess there’s zero chance of them returning to this version after hyperspace is done?

This music is just so gorgeous! It has that sense of wonder disney used to create. I would love for mission 1 to come back. But please let them get rid of hyperspace. It’s the worst out of the three and sucks all the magic out of the ride.

smile

But none of that addresses why being a clone is bad. You are alluding to capacity issues and wishing they spent the money elsewhere but none of that hits why being a clone is bad. Being available to ride elsewhere is not a problem if the people visiting your park will never visit that "elsewhere".

pretty sure there's a difference between bad and not ideal, tho.

for that amount of money, the ideal investment should have been one that came with exclusivity -
and why not? because far too many wdw tourists rarely go elsewhere? ... globally, a whole bunch actually do, and where's the sense in not having reasons to travel to all six? ...as the world get smaller

also, examine the reasons one may choose a repeated experience and you'll often find complacency and/or fear, which when combined with such a price tag, is most assuredly not ideal, and rather troubling.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

1533335730896.png

1st world problems

smile

I also am lost on the argument that Tron doesn't "belong" in TL... really? I mean you can have your opinion but of all the projects, recent, current, and future, Tron is probably the least offensive in this regard.

to the former, i was referring mainly to walts intention for tomorrowland as an opportunity to participate in adventures that are a living blueprint of our future...
to the later, on it's face, i'd largely agree - i mean, it was intended as the anchor/sm for the newest iteration of tl in shanghai.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
to the former, i was referring mainly to walts intention for tomorrowland as an opportunity to participate in adventures that are a living blueprint of our future...
to the later, on it's face, i'd largely agree - i mean, it was intended as the anchor/sm for the newest iteration of tl in shanghai.
I feel like that original version of Tomorrowland kinda died permanently once Epcot came in with that as it's main theme. Epcot is still (mostly) about a realistic future or the steps we can take to better the future.

Tomorrowland became more Sci-fi Land pretty permanently across the globe after Epcot. Which IMO fits better in the Magic Kingdom as the oher lands in the park are mostly themed around genres too. And it allows for a more fantastical experience. And more Disney IP included in ways that aren't terrible. And yet despite how easy fitting IP into a sci-fi land should be they always seem to have the toughest time with it haha

cjkeating

Wow, I guess there’s zero chance of them returning to this version after hyperspace is done?

This music is just so gorgeous! It has that sense of wonder disney used to create. I would love for mission 1 to come back. But please let them get rid of hyperspace. It’s the worst out of the three and sucks all the magic out of the ride.

The design of the new SM trains pointed towards some form of a return to the Jules Verne them but then HSM got in the way. I agree with you that HSM is terrible and needs to go as soon as possible.

yensidtlaw1969

There’s talk of it. Or something similar.
I'm excited to see all the work they're doing over at Phantom Manor, but De La Terre À La Lune is the restoration we both need and deserve.

I enjoy Mission 2 for what it is, but the original was a masterstroke. A perfect storm of concept and execution for the ride, the land, the park . . . even the region.

DarleneBurrows

Considering the speeds at which you'll be moving, the likelihood of suffering any ill effects from a fellow rider's noxious gaseous emission is very small.

Not exactly true.

When i rode this in Shanghai, you are placed into your seats and are in that zone for around 30 seconds, then the ride slowly moves forward for a fair while (before the big thrust) - so if the person infront of you had some rough pork sausages an hour earlier you are in a very vulnerable position for around 90 seconds - the position of your head is going to be very near the rear end of that person, and you will take the full steam.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Not exactly true.

When i rode this in Shanghai, you are placed into your seats and are in that zone for around 30 seconds, then the ride slowly moves forward for a fair while (before the big thrust) - so if the person infront of you had some rough pork sausages an hour earlier you are in a very vulnerable position for around 90 seconds - the position of your head is going to be very near the rear end of that person, and you will take the full steam.
Here's hoping they put a bunch of these stickers on the ride, then...
hqdefault.jpg

Kman101

Not necessarily according to how WDW has operated in the past few years. They are after the “once in a lifetime” guest who will potentially shell out thousands more than the savvy guest who visits every year. The various upcharge events are one such indicator. Most regular guests know you don’t need to pay $79/adult to ride Frozen and get some cupcakes, but Disney knows the first timers will jump all over it.

I agree with you that Disney should be upgrading all four parks regularly to encourage return visitors, and perhaps what we’re seeing now is a return to that strategy, but they have been catering to the one time big spender for a while now.

They were after that once in a lifetime. I don't know if the strategy is the same. They wouldn't be updating things. They stagnated because they knew no matter what people would come. Not saying they're going out of business, LOL, but something shifted. They also seem to recognize the short-term growth of guests that flow into the parks when something new opens. They hate spending money but they must see some sort of benefit now, even if they still struggle with their mind-frame of cutting. They seem to be more aware of wasted space. It's just a matter of opening the purse strings.

They wouldn't be freshening things up. Sure, one could say after 15/20 years they HAVE to, and that's true. They do. But I think there's been more pushback than we realize from the average guest who knows the parks aren't as up to par as they could or should be.

It's probably a mix of all the above.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom