News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

EricsBiscuit

Oh no! Those trees are what make the train ride! I easily spend 14 hours staring at them. I even took a pic of them on Monday. I guess I'll have to book a 64 day stay in the penthouse at GF so I can document each branch. Too bad there's no dining package!

Attachments

• IMG_4324.JPG
    IMG_4324.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 302

Bocabear

It would be nice if they cloned the Disneyland Railroad's Grand Canyon Diorama and The Primeval World with it's new upgrades... I mean, they are going to have some dinosaurs from the Energy pavilion just going into mothballs.... and let's face it, our Railroad need ALOT of set dressing... the theming is minimal at best... it should really feel like you are passing through each of the lands...not just some track embellishments in Frontierland and nothing else.

solidyne

It would be nice if they cloned the Disneyland Railroad's Grand Canyon Diorama and The Primeval World with it's new upgrades... I mean, they are going to have some dinosaurs from the Energy pavilion just going into mothballs.... and let's face it, our Railroad need ALOT of set dressing... the theming is minimal at best... it should really feel like you are passing through each of the lands...not just some track embellishments in Frontierland and nothing else.
Yes, if they bothered to preserve and move a Pooh tree, they can do this!

JEANYLASER

:cool: I hope that Tron Coaster ride in the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland exit will have the Gift shop just like Space Mountain Exit!:cool:

Magic Feather

It also ends in Chevy exhibits that we already have in Epcot, so that and the gift shop might be cut altogether. We have enough gift shops in Tomorrowland anyway.
No, the exhibits and Gift shop are very disconnected (and Disney's attempt to make them connected has ruined crowd flow). I would be surprised if the shop didn't come, but if is does, it should be with a slightly different layout.

Goob

That's some theming I could overlook. The Grand Canyon and Star Tours don't fit in their current lands either at Disneyland. As long as we would get something the caliber of the Grand Canyon and Primeval World, I would accept it.​

Last edited:

Spike-in-Berlin

Does anyone know if the construction of the TRON coaster on the expansion pad will also include a new CS restaurant, a substantial gift shop (not only some small corner at the exit) and/or an arcade like Flynns from the first movie?
Sorry if that question was already asked but I don't want to look through the entire thread.

JWG

Does anyone know if the construction of the TRON coaster on the expansion pad will also include a new CS restaurant, a substantial gift shop (not only some small corner at the exit) and/or an arcade like Flynns from the first movie?
Sorry if that question was already asked but I don't want to look through the entire thread.

If they duplicate Shanghai there's no Flynn's Arcade. But, they already have the arcade capability in WDW wth the actual arcade building, so it's a shame if they don't capitalize (so they won't). I already posted, but to turn the current arcade building into Flynn's and then have you go down and under the railroad tracks (to get to the other side for the ride) as though you're going to Flynn's office would be epic.

Magic Feather

As of now, in addition to TRON and Speedway, this project includes a minor overhaul of Tommorowland Power and Light (SM Gift Shop), an exit shop, but no arcade IIRC. The exit shop will be an actual shop (not a cart or corner), but probably about the size of Buzz's Shop or Merchant of Venus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom