News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

RSoxNo1

There is an obesity epidemic this in country. What are you referring to? That individuals of lower income in this country have much easier access to unhealthy, over processed foods..rather than healthier options? There is some of that, which is our own fault as well. But of course these individuals are probably not going to WDW either...
Right, Disney has priced out the lower income guests. Perhaps this is all by design to save money on a couple of Roller Coaster trains.

No Name

Aside from the atrocious show building I think this is a good addition, just incredibly incredibly overhyped. It’s a pretty good coaster, parks add better ones all the time.

Here's vlogger Kevin Heimbach's review of Tron, FWIW.

Sounds like the queue - at least going in - is pretty awesome. But afterward...and in between...hmmm...

BTW, one of the reasons I like Heimbach's vlogs and sometimes post them here is that he's funny and has no qualms about giving negative reviews, even though he's one of the vloggers out there who gets special access to park events (like the Iron Gwazi roller coaster premiere at Busch Gardens). He deserves more attention than he gets IMO.

I agree with his qualms about the queue too. That artwork already looks terribly dated and the ride hasn’t even opened.

Last edited:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Here's vlogger Kevin Heimbach's review of Tron, FWIW.

Sounds like the queue - at least going in - is pretty awesome. But afterward...and in between...hmmm...

BTW, one of the reasons I like Heimbach's vlogs and sometimes post them here is that he's funny and has no qualms about giving negative reviews, even though he's one of the vloggers out there who gets special access to park events (like the Iron Gwazi roller coaster premiere at Busch Gardens). He deserves more attention than he gets IMO.

Haven't seen his other videos and haven't been on TRON but just based on his and a few other videos, pretty much agree with everything he says. Those pics on the sides of that one part of the queue.....I really hope those are just placeholders because wow they look like crap.

I don't understand the choices made for crowds where the test seats are, keeping that massive gift shop in front of Space Mountain...after virtual queue is over (or even before), they might have pretty bad crowding issues.

Also, I heard only 2 of the 3 trains have the special access/handicapped accessible seats...that's not good.

sedati

The only restraint system at WDW that gives me concern is the one on BTMRR. A single lap bar shared by a Pooh-sized parent and a little waif who just hit the height requirement is basically no restraint at all. Split bars have become the norm and that ride needs a retrofit.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The only restraint system at WDW that gives me concern is the one on BTMRR. A single lap bar shared by a Pooh-sized parent and a little waif who just hit the height requirement is basically no restraint at all. Split bars have become the norm and that ride needs a retrofit.
With the sharp lateral forces on that ride, I'd be more concerned about the waif being crushed.

lewisc

I disagree. Mich better air time. BTMRR doesn't have any inversions. Restraints prevent guests from leaving the train midride.

Patcheslee

Nothing official has been released.
We'll be there in June, after seeing the GotG trend of faster VQ sellout on Deluxe nights, we're avoiding those days just in case.
With the sharp lateral forces on that ride, I'd be more concerned about the waif being crushed.
I forgot about that part, note to self don't ride with my 14yo since she's outgrown me 🤣

Skibum1970

Will you stop body-shaming Winnie the Pooh? Yes, he is fighting an addiction to honey and, yes, he once got stuck in Rabbit's hole. However, he is trying to do the best he can with what he has (a head full of stuffing and not much thought). Poor little bear.

mtrella

This might be buried somewhere in this thread but wanted to get some thoughts on visiting Magic Kingdom on Tron opening day (4/4/23). Will be there that week in April and currently have a park reservation for MK. Just wanted to get some ideas on crowds, etc. based on previous opening days for attractions like this.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This might be buried somewhere in this thread but wanted to get some thoughts on visiting Magic Kingdom on Tron opening day (4/4/23). Will be there that week in April and currently have a park reservation for MK. Just wanted to get some ideas on crowds, etc. based on previous opening days for attractions like this.
In the old days it would have been a mess, but with reservations, it will just be a busy MK, but nothing overwhelming.

ctrlaltdel

It's really fine. There is nothing unsafe about it.

If you want an insane ride with a buzz bar, go to Phoenix at Knoebels in PA. Literally has you standing up on some of the airtime hills.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
In the example I gave, the restraint is hovering about 2 feet over the child, so again, no restrain at all.
that might be a bit exaggerated but I agree with the overall point. Coasters don't have to go upside down to cause issues and typically if they are going upside down, they're going fast enough to not matter...it's the hills and negative G-forces which are IMO more of an issue

lewisc

that might be a bit exaggerated but I agree with the overall point. Coasters don't have to go upside down to cause issues and typically if they are going upside down, they're going fast enough to not matter...it's the hills and negative G-forces which are IMO more of an issue
That's what I get for posting when I'm half a sleep. I got it backwards.

Disone

Haven't seen his other videos and haven't been on TRON but just based on his and a few other videos, pretty much agree with everything he says. Those pics on the sides of that one part of the queue.....I really hope those are just placeholders because wow they look like crap.

I don't understand the choices made for crowds where the test seats are, keeping that massive gift shop in front of Space Mountain...after virtual queue is over (or even before), they might have pretty bad crowding issues.

Also, I heard only 2 of the 3 trains have the special access/handicapped accessible seats...that's not good.
I think Tron has more then 3 trains. With Double load and unload stations plus a hold point just before the unload fork they could casade five right there.

Hawg G

Yes, but Tron’s impressive aesthetics are outside, rather then part of the ride experience itself. It’s a Uwe Boll movie with a Drew Struzan poster.
But the outside section is so thematically perfect, matching in the movies, when the programs go outside the computer and zip around under some lights.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
And yet never has there been an issue with someone falling off the ride. BTMRR consists almost entirely of positive and lateral g-forces with essentially no negative g-forces. The deep bucket seats keep you plenty safe on the ride (even if you rode with no restraint at all). The restraint isn't there to prevent you from getting out of the ride, it's just there to discourage you from getting out of the ride. The single bar restraint helps with load/unload times substantially. Any change to individual lap bars would significantly decrease throughput of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom