News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Weather_Lady

I'm glad they took a cue from the locker system at Universal's Islands of Adventure, and installed a "double-sided" locker system like the Velocicoaster has.

(For those who haven't seen double-sided lockers, in order to eliminate the usual bottleneck of guests dropping off and picking up at the same sets of lockers, the banks of lockers go the whole way through the wall, with a locking access door on each end. You put things in one side of the locker on your way through the queue to the boarding area, and when you exit, you find yourself on the other side of the wall, and unlock and pull your items out from the other end, so that the traffic through the locker areas is "one way" both in the queue and when you exit.) It's pretty brilliant.

Last edited:

kgoose23

I'm glad they took a cue from the locker system at Universal's Islands of Adventure, and installed a "double-sided" locker system like the Velocicoaster has. (For those who haven't seen one, in order to eliminate the usual bottleneck of guests dropping off and picking up at same sets of the lockers, the banks of lockers go the whole way through the wall, with an access door on each end. You put things in one side of the locker on your way through the queue to the boarding area, and when you exit, you find yourself on the other side of the wall, and pull your items out from the other end, so that the traffic through the locker areas is "one way" both in the queue and when you exit.) It's pretty brilliant.
I'm confused...doesn't it say the lockers are double sided? or is what they are doing not what you are describing? I haven't been on Velocicoaster as yet unfortunately.

kgoose23

What they are doing for Tron is exactly what Uni does for Velocicoaster. The poster was complimenting Disney for using the same system since it works well.
Ah yes I see that now...when I originally read the post the end said that it was disappointing Disney hadn't picked up on that...Weird! I agree that this is would be a great system to use can't wait to see it in actual use.

Weather_Lady

Ah yes I see that now...when I originally read the post the end said that it was disappointing Disney hadn't picked up on that...Weird! I agree that this is would be a great system to use can't wait to see it in actual use.
No, not your fault -- it's mine. I misread the article initially, posted a response, immediately recognized my mistake, and then deleted the first post and posted a new one. But the damage must already have been done: you clearly read the first post in the minute or so that it was up, but quoted the second. Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited:

Di$neyCPA

Related question- it says there is a pocket for wallet/phone/glasses. Can you really not wear glasses? If not, as someone who only wears Rx glasses (not contacts), I wouldn’t be able to see enough to enjoy it. I’ve never had an issue on other coasters, including RnRC.

MagicHappens1971

Related question- it says there is a pocket for wallet/phone/glasses. Can you really not wear glasses? If not, as someone who only wears Rx glasses (not contacts), I wouldn’t be able to see enough to enjoy it. I’ve never had an issue on other coasters, including RnRC.
I’ve never taken my glasses off on any rollercoaster at Disney. Only Velicoaster & Hulk at Universal .

celluloid

I don't know how strict they are going to be, but the difference here if they are would be the fact that the other attractions do not go over Guest Walkways like this does.

Bocabear

on the Shanghai version I wore my glasses...and we all had our phones, but it would be very difficult to film with the launch...but I am sure someone will do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom