News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

doctornick

It did not open with that policy in place.

Guardians was the first ride to start with that in place for the public. That was the original point that you recalled incorrectly with Rat.
Can you please enlighten me as to what policy and details you mean exactly because I have no idea what you are talking about. As far as I can remember Ratatouille operated the exact same way as Cosmic Rewind currently does once Genie+ rolled out. If that’s correct I’d be interested in learning the actual ways they are different.

celluloid

Can you please enlighten me as to what policy and details you mean exactly because I have no idea what you are talking about. As far as I can remember Ratatouille operated the exact same way as Cosmic Rewind currently does once Genie+ rolled out. If that’s correct I’d be interested in learning the actual ways they are different.

Once Genie Plus rolled out. Read your post again.

doctornick

Once Genie Plus rolled out. Read your post again.
If you want to say something, say it. Stop it with the cryptic posts that don’t say anything.

Genie+ rolled out in Oct 2021 a few weeks after Ratatouille opened. Ratatouille for a few months after that ran the exact same way as Cosmic Rewind does now. You could only ride by signing up for the Virtual Queue and/or you could purchase LL.

celluloid

If you want to say something, say it. Stop it with the cryptic posts that don’t say anything.

Genie+ rolled out in Oct 2021 a few weeks after Ratatouille opened. Ratatouille for a few months after that ran the exact same way as Cosmic Rewind does now. You could only ride by signing up for the Virtual Queue and/or you could purchase LL.

There is nothing cryptic man. I don't know how else to say what has already been said by others and
Ratatouille for a time ran for that without genie Plus. It did not have public riders the exact same way when public was first permitted. This is why I and others stated the difference was that Cosmic Rewind is a pilot for that sort of concept of opening with that from the get go.

It is not my job to keep reiterating things until it is just the way you like it said or so you are angry for not understanding what has been posted. The difference has been stated in multiple posts, understood and then when even you state the difference and I state it while posting you stating it, you come at me with a rude ultimatum because you feel that I am being cryptic.

Last edited:

Purduevian

Rat operated from October 1st 2021 -October 18th 2021 with only a VQ (18 days)
From October 19th 2021- January 9th 2022 with a VQ and ILL (82 days)
From January 10th 2022- May 30th 2022 with Standby and ILL (140 days)
From May 31st- Present Standby and G+ (205 days)

Guardians opened on May 27th 2022 with a VQ and ILL (209) days

Doctornick is stating that this isn't the first time Disney has used the VQ and ILL for a ride (rat did for 82 days)
Celluloid is stating that this is the first time Disney has OPENED a ride with a VQ and ILL for a ride.

Both of you are correct and I'm not sure why it really matters...

doctornick

There is nothing cryptic man. I don't know how else to say what has already been said by others and
Ratatouille for a time ran for that without genie Plus. It did not have public riders the exact same way when public was first permitted. This is why I and others stated the difference was that Cosmic Rewind is a pilot for that sort of concept of opening with that from the get go.

It is not my job to keep reiterating things until it is just the way you like it said or so you are angry for not understanding what has been posted. The difference has been stated in multiple posts, understood and then when even you state the difference and I state it while posting you stating it, you come at me with a rude ultimatum because you feel that I am being cryptic.
Okay, my apologies if I was being rude but I literally had no idea what you were focusing on in the past few posts. I realize now since you’ve actually expanding on what you are saying is that Ratatouille had a brief period where it only had VQ and no LL because it was before G+ started. That’s true. I didn’t recall there was a bit of a gap there between the ride opening and the start of G+ so you’re right about that. Mea Culpa.

I’m not sure why that’s important or relevant to the discussion at hand (which is why I was so confused about what you were trying to say). This overall discussion was about GOTG:CR somehow being “new” in how it operated, different from anything before. But it’s not - Ratatouille ran with the exact same system for months. CR having that system at the start vs Ratatouille doing it a few weeks into operation seems irrelevant if we are talking about Disney testing a concept.

In fact, you said…

Guardians was the first ride in Disney's history to set the precedent of only being able allowed to ride it once a day. That would be quite a large shift without a pilot program.

Lightning Lane/Genie Plus did not exist with those at the time with the one day rider rule. That was the point of my post.following the conversation on what makes this situation a first.. That is what makes it different.

That’s factually incorrect since Ratatouille did have G+ around while at the same time as using the VQ for 1 ride a day. The idea at hand that was being discussed was that Disney was keeping VQ around for CR as a way to maybe encourage ILL purchases to get a second ride. Which may be true, but doesn’t make CR the “pilot” for that - Ratatouille was. That’s why I’m confused. What they are doing with CR isn’t a new setup, it’s a continuation of what they were doing with Ratatouille for months before going to standby with that ride. Ratatouille was the “pilot” for this idea.

EricsBiscuit

Just like the Lionel set under my tree…lol
Lionel is awesome! Enjoy! I got my Norman Rockwell themed Lionel set up the other week:
F06ACEAA-0B58-443E-AE2F-5A14E6DECE45.jpeg

Smiley/OCD

Next time I go up north…I’ll take pix and post them…the building and water tower is still standing and the building still has the Lionel name on the facade and original tile mosaic of their logo in the foyer…ROAD-TRIP!!
I stand corrected…a train museum in Pennsylvania actually bought the facade and it was removed from the building and shipped there…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom