News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

J4546

I think its looking great! Cant wait to see this in person next year. Hopefully they update the speedway soon after this is done

Club Cooloholic

In photos from Shanghai (I haven’t been), their version has a grand approach—it almost reads like a TRON plaza—with tiled pathways, trees, and access along the width of the attraction’s front face.

But this (and I know it isn’t complete yet), because it’s tucked into that spot as it is, seems to only have one single point of access? Maybe I’m missing something. And, like you said, the approach isn’t a grand reveal, but almost a hidden corner. Strange.
Been there and you got it. Tron is sorta like a futuristic island of technology. You walk on for the ride level and if I am remembering right you end up kind of lower, sort of like Rockefeller center. Its definitely its own space. That said, the ride is nothing to get too excited about.

celluloid

Rise of the Resistance was the first, followed by Remy and now Guardians to have virtual queue.
Lightning Lane/Genie Plus did not exist with those at the time with the one day rider rule. That was the point of my post.following the conversation on what makes this situation a first.. That is what makes it different.

doctornick

Lightning Lane/Genie Plus did not exist with those at the time with the one day rider rule. That was the point of my post.following the conversation on what makes this situation a first.. That is what makes it different.

IIRC Ratatouille was exactly the same when it opened since it started right when Genie+ did - you could ride once a day virtually or have the option to buy LL as well. So I'm not sure you are right about Cosmic Rewind being the first.

But as mentioned limiting people to one ride a day already happened with both RotR and Ratatouille (and WDW) and DLR even had it going on at the same time with RotR and Spider-Man.

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
IIRC Ratatouille was exactly the same when it opened since it started right when Genie+ did - you could ride once a day virtually or have the option to buy LL as well. So I'm not sure you are right about Cosmic Rewind being the first.

But as mentioned limiting people to one ride a day already happened with both RotR and Ratatouille (and WDW) and DLR even had it going on at the same time with RotR and Spider-Man.
Ratatoullie opened before G+ debuted. We went in late September into October of 2021 and the only way to ride was with a VQ

doctornick

Ratatoullie opened before G+ debuted. We went in late September into October of 2021 and the only way to ride was with a VQ

That was soft openings/previews. The official opening date was Oct 1. Though it is true that Genie+ did not start for a few weeks after that (I see Oct 19 online via a quick search).

Nonetheless, there was a lengthy period of time when Ratatouille operated the same as Cosmic Rewind now - VQ for one ride a day, could do LL for a second ride or alternative option.

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
That was soft openings/previews. The official opening date was Oct 1. Though it is true that Genie+ did not start for a few weeks after that (I see Oct 19 online via a quick search).

Nonetheless, there was a lengthy period of time when Ratatouille operated the same as Cosmic Rewind now - VQ for one ride a day, could do LL for a second ride or alternative option.
I know when I was there and it was not for soft opening. We rode it the first time on Oct 2

celluloid

You recall incorrectly.

Allow Me put it this way:

Disney is not allowing only one ride a day, but two rides a day (even without a reservation)if you pay for lightning Lane out of the goodness of their heart.
It has been a pilot.

doctornick

I know when I was there and it was not for soft opening. We rode it the first time on Oct 2

Okay, sorry I saw "late Sept" but didn't realize you rode in October.
You recall incorrectly.

Allow Me put it this way:

Disney is not allowing only one ride a day, but two rides a day (even without a reservation)if you pay for lightning Lane out of the goodness of their heart.
It has been a pilot.

I'm confused about what you are saying. You could do the same thing with Ratatouille -- ride once with VQ, then ride again with LL. Couldn't you? Are you saying that you could get two LLs in a day for Cosmic Rewind and ride twice without using the regular (free) VQ?

celluloid

Okay, sorry I saw "late Sept" but didn't realize you rode in October.

I'm confused about what you are saying. You could do the same thing with Ratatouille -- ride once with VQ, then ride again with LL. Couldn't you? Are you saying that you could get two LLs in a day for Cosmic Rewind and ride twice without using the regular (free) VQ?
It did not open with that policy in place.

Guardians was the first ride to start with that in place for the public. That was the original point that you recalled incorrectly with Rat.

Captain Barbossa

From Blog Mickey

3554EA02-2875-4C3E-AF86-18587C3C796F.png

4FB958D4-3E3C-4850-872A-E76A212C565A.png

B9C10365-5368-418E-AFE5-98FE4D4ADC81.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom