News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

DCBaker

Premium Member
Good Morning America previewed TRON Lightcycle / Run this morning.

Screen Shot 2022-12-25 at 10.08.58 AM.png

See full video here -

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Just advertised it on the Disney parks parade on tv as well. Really pushing the “come see our unique amazing attractions our imagineers come up with” (at other parks we just carbon copy to save money and take 5 years to build with nothing really new coming soon after that was not mentioned however)
The average WDW guest is never going to Shanghai and therefore does not care.

James Alucobond

Agreed but the average guest knows it takes forever for wdw to build anything new and nothing new is really coming
What is the actual average interval between two visits for most non-Floridians? I know neither I nor my siblings nor my parents cared at all about whether or not new things were built between our visits. We were just ready to go back because it had been a few years. I'm not saying new things don't attract people or that they don't need new things to handle the ever worsening capacity issues, but most people aren't fretting about build speed unless construction is actively impeding movement through the park, as is currently the case with EPCOT.

Patcheslee

What is the actual average interval between two visits for most non-Floridians? I know neither I nor my siblings nor my parents cared at all about whether or not new things were built between our visits. We were just ready to go back because it had been a few years. I'm not saying new things don't attract people or that they don't need new things to handle the ever worsening capacity issues, but most people aren't fretting about build speed unless construction is actively impeding movement through the park, as is currently the case with EPCOT.
We were a 2-3 year family. Granted we had planned 2021, but nixed that plan with hopes Epcot construction would be mostly completed. Opted for Uni that year because I wanted to be back in Florida. DD11 then asked about maybe a day at Epcot, but ticket cost vs construction at the time, it didn't seem worth it. Last visit was 2019, prior to GE opening. We'll return in mid 2023, at least with some new attractions.
But the older DD gets, the less we have to invest in vacations since school trips cut into savings too.

TalkToEthan

The average WDW guest is never going to Shanghai and therefore does not care.
Don't care because they don't know about it. Just a lack of exposure

Disney looking to dazzle the ignorant park goers as if it is
effectively pulling out a lighter and showing instant fire to a tribe deep and secluded in the Amazon Basin who hasn't harnessed it yet.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Don't care because they don't know about it. Just a lack of exposure

Disney is effectively pulling out a lighter and showing instant fire to a tribe deep and secluded in the Amazon Basin who hasn't harnessed it yet.
I don't think they'd care whether they knew or not. 95%+ of people going to Disney World will probably never go to Shanghai, so it might as well not exist for them. I don't think less of a restaurant that opens a new location in my town just because it already exists in another state; it coming here means I get to try it myself.

BrianLo

I actually think Super Nintendo World at Epic Universe is the worse offender.

Took 10 years to build from its technical announcement and nonsensically clones the site size restrictions of Tokyo in their new-fangled (white paper) park. But is forgiven because of the much more original other 4/5th of that park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom