News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Californian Elitist

Fixed it -
You should give the other parks a chance before rejecting them deciding not to vacation there.

A few hours doesn't seem to be enough time to decide. That was my point.
Just because I wouldn’t vacation at any of the Disney resorts, it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t visit them. I would visit the other parks, but I have no desire to spend an entire vacation at theme parks. That’s what I originally meant. I’ll visit, but I’m splitting my time elsewhere.

Hope I cleared that up.

Patcheslee

In Disney speak, “Spring” probably means June 21, 2023.
Pandora was promoted for "Summer 2017" prior to an official date of Saturday May 27.
Toy Story was also summer and opened end of June 2018.
Soarin' was Spring 2005 and opened May 5th.
If the same Disney lingo still applys 92 days before the last Saturday in May: Spring= Feburary 25th -May 27th?

Vegas Disney Fan

I was just so baffled by visiting Paris, with the best food from literally any location (seriously…walk up to any food window and it will be amazing) and then eating at DLP. How do they convince French people to make that food?

Walt’s was the biggest food letdown we’ve ever had, beautiful setting, amazing atmosphere… food was barely edible. At DLP we seem to grab McDs or Earls every night on the way back to our hotel.

King Ludwig’s is the one exception we’ve found to bad food at DLP, we’ve never had a bad meal there and the French onion soup is absolutely amazing.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Just because I wouldn’t vacation at any of the Disney resorts, it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t visit them. I would visit the other parks, but I have no desire to spend an entire vacation at theme parks. That’s what I originally meant. I’ll visit, but I’m splitting my time elsewhere.

Hope I cleared that up.
We agree! And I suspect there will be A LOT of folks splitting their time when vacationing in Florida specifically.

Time will tell.

Californian Elitist

We agree! And I suspect there will be A LOT of folks splitting their time when vacationing in Florida specifically.

Time will tell.
I’ve seen a lot of people dismiss Florida in general in terms of having things to do, or specifically, the Orlando area. That’s wild to me. Personally, I can always find something interesting to me to do. I wouldn’t fly all the way to Florida just to visit theme parks, then fly back home.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Walt’s was the biggest food letdown we’ve ever had, beautiful setting, amazing atmosphere… food was barely edible. We seen to grab McDs or Earls every night on the way back to our hotel.

King Ludwig’s is the one exception we’ve found to bad food at DLP, we’ve never had a bad meal there and the French onion soup is absolutely amazing.
And yet we ate at Walt’s in June and throughly enjoyed it.

ToTBellHop

Update - the refurbishment for Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. has been extended through December 10th.
1668027831752.gif

If this goes on much longer, I’ll be forced to cancel.

Sir_Cliff

I've eaten a few times at Walt's and always had a good experience. Probably my best at DLP, honestly.

I get people's differing reactions to DLP, even though I enjoy it. It is certainly not on the scale of WDW and flying to a resort in sunny Florida just in and of itself feels like a vacation in a way that a resort in the fields outside of Paris never will. However, I do think over recent years the quality of what is on offer at DLP has overtaken the general quality of WDW. Whereas the little details at WDW seem to become fewer and fewer and once-great attractions like American Adventure become creaky to the point of being almost hokey, there has been a big emphasis at WDW in restoring the original details and effects around the park. I also love that the Paris management treat their resort as somewhere special. For example, contrast DLP employing a company that restores historical monuments to restore their castle and chisel away new slate pieces for the turrets for the 30th while WDW painted their castle a weird salmon and bright blue for the 50th.

Vegas Disney Fan

That’s good to hear because we loved the setting but haven’t given it another chance since our bad food experience in 2016.

I can’t believe that was 6 years ago, time sure flies, I also find it interesting how one bad experience can sour people on a business for many years. I wonder if Chapek and co realize that?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That’s good to hear because we loved the setting but haven’t given it another chance since our bad food experience in 2016.

I can’t believe that was 6 years ago, time sure flies, I also find it interesting how one bad experience can sour people on a business for many years. I wonder if Chapek and co realize that?
It’s very different to old Walt’s now (for us it had gone too fancy with silly prices). Since reopening it’s a smaller menu (presumably easier to monitor quality) with more reasonable TSR prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom