News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

gorillaball

Pretty bold of you! Not sure I could say one is better than the other - they both were built to offer different experiences. Hagrids IMO is only cool if you are on the bike, not the sidecar. But Veloci is a great overall thrill coaster.
I get it, it's personal preference. I (personally) just find the Hagrid's experience to be more unique that you can't find everywhere. I can ride thrill coasters at many many parks across the country. I can't ride a well themed good coaster at but a select few parks.

Stevie Amsterdam

It’s just frustrating as a uk visitor I took a gamble of booking for October a year after the 50th as was hoping they would complete all the plans by then. And now most things will open after I have been. With the value of the pound and the constant price hikes I don’t know when I can return just disappointing for a previously regular visitor
Same here. We shifting our focus to Tokyo now. While it ‘only’ has 2 parks, the overall experience is much better than WDW.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos from today -

C0773272-5B5A-4B00-B41B-EE0E76A26561.jpeg
C87A287A-B632-4DDA-95AB-5B23E5A61274.jpeg
BC3F00BB-B0E9-4B94-BD2C-9EFF360DB9A5.jpeg
96178DF2-959B-4222-85CE-F5DF4C588FD0.jpeg
9A711AFB-D45D-46B4-AFAD-99E51F13C561.jpeg
96289D1B-BB7C-4005-BF2F-C7CA711AC873.jpeg

Last edited:

corran horn

It’s just frustrating as a uk visitor I took a gamble of booking for October a year after the 50th as was hoping they would complete all the plans by then. And now most things will open after I have been. With the value of the pound and the constant price hikes I don’t know when I can return just disappointing for a previously regular visitor
My friend is going in May and he just about had kittens when they said 'Spring'.

Vanderperre

My friend is going in May and he just about had kittens when they said 'Spring'.
He’ll be fine. Am going end of March, and I hope to just manage it. Let’s face it: there is not 7 months worth of work left on this construction, even if you slow down progress massively. And once it’s ready, they’ll open it. There is no real marketing argument here between a March or May opening. The attraction is new and will pull in the crowds regardless. Plus it allows Disney to close Splash to start the conversion and start amortising the construction with ILL pricing.

Patcheslee

He’ll be fine. Am going end of March, and I hope to just manage it. Let’s face it: there is not 7 months worth of work left on this construction, even if you slow down progress massively. And once it’s ready, they’ll open it. There is no real marketing argument here between a March or May opening. The attraction is new and will pull in the crowds regardless. Plus it allows Disney to close Splash to start the conversion and start amortising the construction with ILL pricing.
50th ends March 31st, so they can more aggressively market the 100th after that.

Vegas Disney Fan

Is great and one of my favorite rides in the Orlando area but still is a bunch of exposed track that takes away from the overall look. I forgive them a bit as it is relatively consealed from view and the more the tress and plant life grow the better it will look.

However, give me more of the Mummy type themed coasters.

This is one coaster I think Disney could get away with, with launched coasters and tons of land there’s no reason Disney couldn’t build “exposed” coasters close to the ground out in the trees.

I’ve always thought a speeder bike Star Wars coaster was a no brainer, you’d just have to theme the station and the rest could be out in the trees where it wouldn’t be visible from inside the park, a Toads wild ride coaster would also work, with props along the track.

We all hate exposed track but there are ways around it.

I also think the “gift of size” would have been the solution to the Guardians cosmic rewind building, it’s a launched coaster so there’s no necessity to build upwards, they could have made the building twice as wide and half as tall and fit the same amount of track and props inside… and then concealed it with trees. I just don’t think they care about site lines anymore.

G00fyDad

This is one coaster I think Disney could get away with, with launched coasters and tons of land there’s no reason Disney couldn’t build “exposed” coasters close to the ground out in the trees.

I’ve always thought a speeder bike Star Wars coaster was a no brainer, you’d just have to theme the station and the rest could be out in the trees where it wouldn’t be visible from inside the park, a Toads wild ride coaster would also work, with props along the track.

I also think the “gift of size” would have been the solution to the Guardians cosmic rewind building, it’s a launched coaster so there’s no necessity to build upwards, they could have made the building twice as wide and half as tall and fit the same amount of track and props inside… and then concealed it with trees. I just don’t think they care about site lines anymore.

A Star Wars speeder bike coaster is exactly what GE needs. Two "bikes" (trains) launched at the same time with criss-crossing infront of each other at times. It would be amazing.

JoeCamel

If they kept the location that would impinge on the number of $30 parking spots they have to sell.....
To satisfy guest sightlines?

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

If they kept the location that would impinge on the number of $30 parking spots they have to sell.....
To satisfy guest's sightlines?
The sad thing is looking at an aerial they cleared enough land to make the building about 5 times larger than it actually is. They could have made it twice the size without affecting parking or anything else anywhere near it. Concrete is expensive though so much “easier” to just build a big blue box that’s visible from the entire park.

Looking at the land they did clear it was likely preserved for “future parking”.

celluloid

Pretty bold of you! Not sure I could say one is better than the other - they both were built to offer different experiences. Hagrids IMO is only cool if you are on the bike, not the sidecar. But Veloci is a great overall thrill coaster.

I agree, different goals and atmosphere. The most important part is, the difficult to debate because both are of great quality, are coming from the same theme park within five years of each other.

That tells one all they need to know about current level.

lazyboy97o

[/QUOTE]
The sad thing is looking at an aerial they cleared enough land to make the building about 5 times larger than it actually is. They could have made it twice the size without affecting parking or anything else anywhere near it. Concrete is expensive though so much “easier” to just build a big blue box that’s visible from the entire park.

Looking at the land they did clear it was likely preserved for “future parking”.
The land was cleared for water management. If I’m recalling correctly it is a detention pond so it will not always have water in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom