News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Indy_UK

I’m a glasses wearer but I must need to get my eyes tested because I actually couldn’t see the huge box for Guardians from within the park, I had to really look

James Alucobond

I’m a glasses wearer but I must need to get my eyes tested because I actually couldn’t see the huge box for Guardians from within the park, I had to really look
It's actually decently concealed from within former Future World, though that might change when/if the connection to PLAY! is restored. On the other hand, it's very obvious when looking back toward World Discovery from the World Showcase, when riding the monorail, or when parking.

yensidtlaw1969

Ummm is this a Disney dig lokView attachment 666255
Anybody else find Universal's social media tack to be a total turnoff?

Like, I get what they're doing, and Disney certainly deserves to be called out on a lot of their stuff, but I feel like it's just such a bad look for them. It reeks of desperation. If your parks are so great why are you always talking about the guys down the street?

BubbaisSleep

I certainly have a problem with the boxes, but I'm never going to find beauty in an exposed coaster that towers over what would otherwise be a well-themed area. That it diminishes recent improvements by encroaching on the Three Broomsticks is even worse.
Well that opinion varies as many feel like it was perfectly incorporated into an abandoned area of the park. The coaster only goes over people in the waterfront and barely by three broomsticks, both lands are hardly impacted from within. If one thinks it’s ugly I can’t argue with opinion but they really did a great job incorporating this ride. If one’s concern is the impact on the lands of Jurrasic and Potter though, that’s odd as it hardly does.
In World Showcase it’s bad, especially when people take scenic pictures. But not bad from former Future World. At least Soarin has some stuff going around it to blend in, this one stand in its own.

orky8

Like, I get what they're doing, and Disney certainly deserves to be called out on a lot of their stuff, but I feel like it's just such a bad look for them. It reeks of desperation. If your parks are so great why are you always talking about the guys down the street?

Nope. I think it's fantastic the way they call Disney on their BS but it's often in a way only fans will appreciate as being the dig it really is.

JoeCamel

It's a response to TDOs arrogance and years of trying to say the Disney way is the only way.
Social media is to create buzz not set policy and here you are buzzing

BubbaisSleep

Nope. I think it's fantastic the way they call Disney on their BS but it's often in a way only fans will appreciate as being the dig it really is.
Many times they hit the mark, many times it does seem childish.

Hey now, that's not just some big random box.

That's the box Spaceship Earth came in.

Think they'll throw a giant ribbon on it for the Christmas overlay?
I’m glad they packaged Spaceship Earth with care. It really is a gem!

I can imagine them doing a holiday overlay where the huge alien during the ride is replaced with an angry Santa Clause whose looking for a lost cosmic cookie in space. We save the world & Christmas with the Guardians.

Attachments

• 4DBF27EA-750B-45CA-B11F-2D7246708847.jpeg
    4DBF27EA-750B-45CA-B11F-2D7246708847.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 50

TheMaxRebo

Yup - I find it very off-putting.

But I know lots of people who love it

Schweino

Probably shouldn't read Wendy's twitter then.

James Alucobond

Not sure I have the same feelings as you do. Where they obviously throwing a lil shade at WDW? Sure was. Was it horrible? Nah. A little shade never hurt anyone.
It’s shade devoid of the requisite tinge of self-awareness. Wendy’s is generally making as much fun of itself as anyone else; Universal, not so much.

DisneyfanMA

We booked our trip in December 2021 for this coming November - purposefully for the 50th. At first, I was so thrilled with everything they announced - Mickey and Minnie in new outfits, the gold statues, weird fizzle sparkler character heads to add to your drinks, castle overlay - and the thought of both Tron AND Moana journey of water being completed way ahead of our trip - now I’m feeling completely duped lol. The 50th seems like nothing special and if anything, I’m sitting here wishing I could cancel.

I'd focus on all the great things that did open, and mitigate your expectations of the "50th"meaning too much. you'll still have a great time and enjoy many things.

Br0ckford

Our trip is 11/29-12/7 and I really thought Tron would be available by then, but alas. I have never been to Disney before the opening of a major attraction, so I was not sure if Disney did random sneak peeks before official opening. Though with Spring being a few months past Holidays, that's a tad too early for sneaks. Guess that answer is no!
We are Nov 27th - Dec 3rd. I thought we had a shot too. Oh well. 😔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom