News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe it's time SM gets a new track layout. That can use the rockets at DL and double capacity
That won’t happen. We’ll be very lucky to get a replacement track. Which so far as I know isn’t currently planned.

DL only went side by side to make up for the single track.

Best case for now is smooth some of the worse turns, flatten out the first brake hill crest and fix all the remaining broken effects.

And quieten the lifts.

And remove the pre drop trims.

And that’s more of a wish list.

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

That won’t happen. We’ll be very lucky to get a replacement track. Which so far as I know isn’t currently planned.

DL only went side by side to make up for the single track.

Best case for now is smooth some of the worse turns, flatten out the first brake hill crest and fix all the remaining broken effects. And that’s more of a wish list.
And how’s that postponed CoP update coming along?

pektas

I’d hope. Scenes 1-3 should mainly be a technical overhaul. Scene 4 should be a good refresh (I’m not expecting a new set or anything as big) with hopefully a new script.

Figures should all receive some improvement too.
Any chance it gets done this year?

gmajew

Premium Member
It should have been last year so it’s anyone's guess at the moment.

I am just glad it is still on the board and not being destroyed.... Magic Kingdom needs attractions like this and the world needs to remember how far things have come to appreciate what we have today.... This attraction tells a story that kids today need and need to appreciate. Man I am a grouchy 40 year old today.

Kman101

I’d hope. Scenes 1-3 should mainly be a technical overhaul. Scene 4 should be a good refresh (I’m not expecting a new set or anything as big) with hopefully a new script.

Figures should all receive some improvement too.

This sounds good. Let's hope it happens. But since it keeps getting pushed off ... lol

ppete1975

tron-land-clearing-area.jpg

this looks like a huge space for something like tron, I know most of it is staging space and access, but any chance of a more themed area around it or something else?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
View attachment 268479
this looks like a huge space for something like tron, I know most of it is staging space and access, but any chance of a more themed area around it or something else?

They're putting TRON right in the middle of that area. No room for anything else especially when you give a wide berth for the canal and for a backstage building access road and lot....

1520282264134.png

1520282293217.png

Timothy_Q

Sorry I'll have to provide a balance to offset your comment, I can't wait for this thing to open. I am a Tron fan. I liken it to the die hard Star wars fans getting a whole land, I just want this ride haha

I'll provide a middle ground between both

I love Tron and I'm super excited to see this attraction coming to WDW.
But I just wish it was coming to a different park (DHS)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom