News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

crxbrett

A TL Speedway redone with electric cars and all black with glow-in-the-dark paint done to look like TRON would be really cool. And I imagine super popular. Most kids won't care if they have never seen TRON. If they look cool and are visually stimulating, that's all that realyl matters. If Disney does this right, I could see it being pretty awesome. Imagine if they made the track all illuminated and glowing and like the game grid. There are some cool possibilities for sure.

Can you tell I like TRON? lol

aladdin2007

A TL Speedway redone with electric cars and all black with glow-in-the-dark paint done to look like TRON would be really cool. And I imagine super popular. Most kids won't care if they have never seen TRON. If they look cool and are visually stimulating, that's all that realyl matters. If Disney does this right, I could see it being pretty awesome. Imagine if they made the track all illuminated and glowing and like the game grid. There are some cool possibilities for sure.

I like it too, I loved the newer movie but no one else seemed to. Anyway love those ideas would be an interesting new version of speedway for sure.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

The proposal is similar to that.

crxbrett

The proposal is similar to that.

All I can say is that I really hope they approve the plans and greenlight it then! TL Speedway is always one of the things in TL that people say either is dated or doesn't belong or is a waste of space.

If they do end up doing this, it would change a lot of people's minds and perceptions regarding the attraction's place in TL. Not to mention I think it would be very popular and really add to the atmosphere in TL.

andysol

Website that shall not be named is reporting that construction for Tron starts next Tuesday, with the construction being done by August 16th, 2021.

Here is a link to a friendlier webpage that sources it's information and doesn't steal (which also posted 50 mins before clickbait Corless):

http://blogmickey.com/2018/02/const...dom-begin-next-week-completion-date-revealed/

August 16th, 2021 is permit completion date to coincide with October 1, 2021 50th Anniversary.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom